Woolwich Scumbags v Glorious Tottenham Hotspur (1st Oct - 12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When I first saw the Emerson foul I thought it was stupid but that he'd soft scraped the side of his boot down the side of his ankle and at worst trod on the top of his foot, and I'd seen several foot studdings this season not given red. Watching it again replayed from different angles I think the red was fair dinkum.

Really stupid challenge either way, was nowhere near the ball and really unnecessary as he was going nowhere.

I guess we get to see a different RWB now. Maybe Spence, but my guess is it will be Peresic or maybe Doherty.

Will happily have a £20 'choose your charity' bet with anyone that we will finish above The Scum again this season.......

Any takers?

I think we will finish above them too once playing in the Europa League drains them. But then again after how last season ended I thought they were going to be screwed in the coming years with no chance of overtaking us or any of last seasons top 4. Annoyingly the 2 transfers in from City have strengthened them & they have made the most of the ‘easier’ run of fixtures they began this season with. Hope things change soon. Looking forward to when City smashes them.

Fuck me, one league defeat since April and the cringe woodwork fans come out to play..
Where were you all when we nicked top 4 against the odds?

Be pissed off with yesterday’s result but to question the signings since January is embarrassing.

I can only assume you whiners have only supported Spurs for the past 5 years or less.

I think we will finish above them too once playing in the Europa League drains them. But then again after how last season ended I thought they were going to be screwed in the coming years with no chance of overtaking us or any of last seasons top 4. Annoyingly the 2 transfers in from City have strengthened them & they have made the most of the ‘easier’ run of fixtures they began this season with. Hope things change soon. Looking forward to when City smashes them.
Apropos your 1st sentence, we're going to be knackered too because of the Champions League

Wouldn't bank on it!

For the simple reason that I am going to the Frankfurt game I still haven't seen us win away in the CL. I was also at the Sporting game.

I hope you don't believe in omens and all that 😂
Well, if we lose against Frankfurt and win against Marseille (assuming you're not going to that)......... just saying 🤭

Have just booked tickets for me and the boy for this Wednesday, am hoping this loss will gee up the boys at least.

Edit, as pointed out to me, it's next Wednesday...

Last edited:
For me CL is more important than the League right now. We can always make up ground in the League, but if we don’t make it past the group stage in the CL that would really sour the WC break. Knockout stage in the CL is as good as it gets.

(Oops meant this for the Frankfurt thread)

Fucking bollocks and totally predictable when you saw the lineup today.

Conte needs to get his head out his arse and realise that apart from a half against Southampton and 25 minutes against Leicester, we've been bang average this season. Doing exactly the same thing every match despite the opposition is fucking shit.

Been supporting Spurs 40 years, but I know when we've played well and I know when we've played shite but got away with it.

At the moment, this season we've played bang average and got away with it - until today.

The Sporting game should have been the wakeup call he needed...... But no..... He knows best and we have to put up with being outplayed and outgunned in matches.
Boom. Been saying this.

Fucking bollocks and totally predictable when you saw the lineup today.

Conte needs to get his head out his arse and realise that apart from a half against Southampton and 25 minutes against Leicester, we've been bang average this season. Doing exactly the same thing every match despite the opposition is fucking shit.

Been supporting Spurs 40 years, but I know when we've played well and I know when we've played shite but got away with it.

At the moment, this season we've played bang average and got away with it - until today.

The Sporting game should have been the wakeup call he needed...... But no..... He knows best and we have to put up with being outplayed and outgunned in matches.
Getting Jose vibes with Conte if I’m being honest. They are both extremely stubborn. Both more or less play not to lose against decent sides.

Fuck me, one league defeat since April and the cringe woodwork fans come out to play..
Where were you all when we nicked top 4 against the odds?

Be pissed off with yesterday’s result but to question the signings since January is embarrassing.

I can only assume you whiners have only supported Spurs for the past 5 years or less.
This isn't about one game though is it, this is about another poor performance away at our rival.
The record against both Chelsea and Woolwich are a joke, in fact if you didn't know you would think that we are a perennial relegation candidate with that type of record.
But know we are constantly around them season after season, and yet we shit our pants as soon as we walk on the field.
Also many are fucked off with piss poor performances so far this season, the club is very lucky to be where they are and only one defeat, because we have been getting away with it until Saturday.
The signings were nothing special nor is the team, there is no off your seat moments, it's just average boring fayre Wimbledon from the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom