Woolwich Scumbags v Glorious Tottenham Hotspur (1st Oct - 12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This isn't about one game though is it, this is about another poor performance away at our rival.
The record against both Chelsea and Woolwich are a joke, in fact if you didn't know you would think that we are a perennial relegation candidate with that type of record.
But know we are constantly around them season after season, and yet we shit our pants as soon as we walk on the field.
Also many are fucked off with piss poor performances so far this season, the club is very lucky to be where they are and only one defeat, because we have been getting away with it until Saturday.
The signings were nothing special nor is the team, there is no off your seat moments, it's just average boring fayre Wimbledon from the 90s.
We have been poor away at our rivals, mainly Woolwich and Chelsea for years so why do you expect that to suddenly change?
How do you expect to change anything when you're constantly moaning?
How many years have the other managers who are now doing well had at their clubs? 11 months? Oh no, more like 3 years plus.
Some of our fans live in cuckoo land with unrealistic expectations, which is probably why we have such shit luck in anything we try to do.
I presume you're the type of fan that boos at halftime when the score is 1-1.

Yes it may only be 1 league defeat the problem is there's no change in mentality. No turn up and win at the big clubs that the other top clubs do on their way to winning things. It's all too familiar and got that same old tottenham feel about it. There's nothing I've seen so far this season that says successful side with a strong mentality that looks like they can go on and do something this season. How we played against Woolwich and sporting is how we've played the majority of our football this season. Yeah with some good players up front you'll get results but is what we're doing right now going to be enough come the business end of the season absolutely not.

Royal is a shit right back and an even worse right wing back. Martinelli destroyed him. Now here is a quote from last season... 'GABRIEL MARTINELLI rates Woolwich target Djed Spence his toughest ever opponent - despite him only playing in the Championship.' Conte is a cunt. Just because he was not involved in the purchase of Djed he is not giving him a chance. Arrogant cunt.

Emerson is an idiot and deserved to be sent off but, its it's quite interesting to note that van dyke got away with a far worse challenge against Everton....the ref that day Anthony Taylor
No wonder fans feel hard done by and get a feeling of perceived bias.
We just want consistency and fairness

We have been poor away at our rivals, mainly Woolwich and Chelsea for years so why do you expect that to suddenly change?
How do you expect to change anything when you're constantly moaning?
How many years have the other managers who are now doing well had at their clubs? 11 months? Oh no, more like 3 years plus.
Some of our fans live in cuckoo land with unrealistic expectations, which is probably why we have such shit luck in anything we try to do.
I presume you're the type of fan that boos at halftime when the score is 1-1.
Why blame supporters for this nonsense.
I get fed up hearing about other managers this or that, poch had 5/6 years yet the same fuck ups occurred, is that your or my fault?
The fans don't live in Cuckoo land far from it, most of us know what we can and can't achieve.
What we do expect is a bit of guts and character from the team, instead of this constant bottling of big moments which FYI is not the fans fault.

Why blame supporters for this nonsense.
I get fed up hearing about other managers this or that, poch had 5/6 years yet the same fuck ups occurred, is that your or my fault?
The fans don't live in Cuckoo land far from it, most of us know what we can and can't achieve.
What we do expect is a bit of guts and character from the team, instead of this constant bottling of big moments which FYI is not the fans fault.
So despite the fact it wasn't our best performance against Chelsea, the team came back and got a 2-2 draw despite our terrible record there yet that isn't showing guts and character?

How's that bottling exactly?

Getting Jose vibes with Conte if I’m being honest. Both more or less play not to lose against decent sides.
Because personal are crap, he does not have the tools. Royal is crap, Perisic is old end of his career not used to PL pace, Kane and Son misfiring out of form, Hoejberg and Benta overrated average mids.
As for the bench, Doh ain't better, Spence young no experience, Skipp is good but not game changer, Bissomuo hasn't shown much potential. Richy is the only player trying. The squad not good enough, TW piled another lot of average players.
Hopeless times, best way to manage as a fan is to follow without any expectations to avoid disappointment.

All the game proved is that we sh!t ourselves when the biggest stakes are on the line.

Something inherently flawed in our make-up and it's a collective failure, even if it's nearly always an individual mistake that costs us.

To happen as often as it does cannot be explained in any other way as far as I am concerned.

Top place with a win, not that it mattered more than going to a hostile and neighbouring ground, puffing out our chests and saying your goods and chattels are coming with us.

Painfully predictable outcome.

Because personal are crap, he does not have the tools. Royal is crap, Perisic is old end of his career not used to PL pace, Kane and Son misfiring out of form, Hoejberg and Benta overrated average mids.
As for the bench, Doh ain't better, Spence young no experience, Skipp is good but not game changer, Bissomuo hasn't shown much potential. Richy is the only player trying. The squad not good enough, TW piled another lot of average players.
Hopeless times, best way to manage as a fan is to follow without any expectations to avoid disappointment.

Disagree with this.

Woolwich are not any better and anyone who watched Saturday and who thinks they are anything special knows nothing.

Woolwich are decent but their blips are coming. They will run out of puff.no doubt whatsoever in my opinion.

We showed them way too much respect and for whatever reason we failed to capitalise on a good middle part of the first half

One obviously better squad than ours in the PL at present. Period.

So despite the fact it wasn't our best performance against Chelsea, the team came back and got a 2-2 draw despite our terrible record there yet that isn't showing guts and character?

How's that bottling exactly?
Come on if watched the game you will know, we should of been buried but good fortune saved the day.
Our team just isn't very good, it's average at times because of players with limited abilities.
When you have teams like Brighton who can play better, and have something about them to get results at big clubs, then you know this club has problems that even Conte can't solve.
The dye of underachieving has been cast a while back, the club has little desire and pedigree to achieve much.
The stadium has covered over the cracks, of a club big on ideas and bravado but found wanting on delivery.

Royal is a shit right back and an even worse right wing back. Martinelli destroyed him. Now here is a quote from last season... 'GABRIEL MARTINELLI rates Woolwich target Djed Spence his toughest ever opponent - despite him only playing in the Championship.' Conte is a cunt. Just because he was not involved in the purchase of Djed he is not giving him a chance. Arrogant cunt.

while i don't think Conte is a cunt, I do find it odd his over reliance on Royal. I'll buy that Dorherty wasn't/isn't training well post injury but that doesn't stop him having Peri on the right, or spence and Segg at LWB
It is odd, Spence and Yves were strongly linked with Woolwich and 2 players who their fans really wanted and clearly looked to be upgrades on our starting 11 but both are getting very little chance, non at all for Spence.

on the other side I suppose from Conte's point of view, why change formation or Royal when we hadn't lost in the league since spring, and Royal himself was very good against Arse at home. Now we have lost, 2 games out of 3. maybe he'll have a rethink

terry crews fingers crossed GIF by America's Got Talent

Come on if watched the game you will know, we should of been buried but good fortune saved the day.
Our team just isn't very good, it's average at times because of players with limited abilities.
When you have teams like Brighton who can play better, and have something about them to get results at big clubs, then you know this club has problems that even Conte can't solve.
The dye of underachieving has been cast a while back, the club has little desire and pedigree to achieve much.
The stadium has covered over the cracks, of a club big on ideas and bravado but found wanting on delivery.
You're enjoying wallowing in misery far too much to be healthy.

Perhaps Manchester City might be more to your tastes? They have Very Good Players and they frequently Win Things.

Or maybe football isn't really the hobby for you?

Brighton are better than us 😂

Was that when they were in the lower leagues or when they have been finishing below us every season since I don't even know when?😆

Hilarious 😆

Emerson is an idiot and deserved to be sent off but, its it's quite interesting to note that van dyke got away with a far worse challenge against Everton....the ref that day Anthony Taylor
No wonder fans feel hard done by and get a feeling of perceived bias.
We just want consistency and fairness
Exactly - if you're going to be crap, be consistently crap!!

You're enjoying wallowing in misery far too much to be healthy.

Perhaps Manchester City might be more to your tastes? They have Very Good Players and they frequently Win Things.

Or maybe football isn't really the hobby for you?
How is changing teams the answer?
Our team isn't very good and clearly you yourself don't know the answer.
So if we don't know, and the manager doesn't know the future isn't bright is it.

Back
Top Bottom