Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With this in mind, I'd go for:

Lloris
Walker Caulker Verts Naughton
Lennon Sandro Thudd Bale
Defoe Ade

Simple 442 ... plus we can bring on Dempsey, Siggs, or Falque if needed

What, you can't boo the team for a shit performance after the match, or do you think everyone should have applauded the team off the field for a stellar effort?
You're telling me that a cunt who sits there the entire game and does not sing or get behind his team than has the right to boo when the outcome isn't what he wants?

You want the right to boo don't just pay your money SUPPORT YOUR FUCKING TEAM.

This idea that footballers are paid a large amount means that they somehow owe us one and must perform to the very highest standard in every single game is, to me, absolute horseshit.

If you go to the theatre or the cinema you expect a product of a certain standard. If you do not get what you pay for you have a right to complain and criticise. But football is different. It is a sport.

It is a conjecture by some that if we have a slow game like yesterday then it must mean that the players are all just putting their feet up and having a laugh. Unfortuately football is not like that. It is a sport. Simply because one team has better players than the other it does not mean that tactically the other team may be better on the day and our team may be struggling to find form. It has happened before and it will happen again. Hell, Chelscum, who are arguably a much better side than they were last year, and in much improved form, coud only scrape a draw yesterday against Swansea. It just happens sometimes because it is SPORT, not a product.

When you buy a ticket for a match you are fully aware that it is a sport, that said sport is played by human beings and that we may not win or play well for the day. Nobody has forced you to buy the ticket. You should support your team whether you've paid out or not. If we are floating around the relegation zone I can just about see the argument for being silent or booing, since a team's place in the league could be in jeopardy. But when you are a top six team aand have just come off of a string of league wins it is absolutely preposterous for some spoiled baby fans to declare that they have the right to behave in whatever way they see fit because they have handed over their money. Tired of seeing the players look tired and not get to grips with a particular team? Support them anyway, they're playing much better football in toto than what we used to see at WHL and the very fact that they have just come off of a string of league wins means that they have earned the right to be supported by their fans and for that 12th man to help them get back into the game.

Fuck anyone who operates with a sense of entitlement just because they hand over their money. It stinks of a combination of jealousy over footballer's wages and the detestable "I come first" attitude that so pervades 21st Century culture.

This not booing thing is getting pretty sanctimonious now. Some of the negativity on here is no better than booing and thinking it is, is blinkered at best. The podcast of this very forum referred to one of our players as a "prick" this week. I'd never do such a thing, don't understand anyone who would, but realise each is entitled to their opinion.

I won't tell anyone how to support their team, all I ask is nobody tries to tell me either. I don't boo, but feel very entitled to vent my spleen at the gutless shite that was served up yesterday.

If Dembele is out for more than a few weeks holy fuck. That potential Moutinho transfer would have been huge. I have generally applauded AVB so far, but he relies on Defoe too much for my liking. Sure he puts in goals from time to time but his selfishness doesn't make others better around him. Adebayor needs to start a few. Also, christ can we get Friedel out now and move Vertonghen back to central defense.

I am guessing that Thursday night with the 1882 crowd singing their hearts out for the team even if they play like warm soft poo, will be a good measure of whether the crowd can influence the game, and we all know they can. I am looking forward to Thursday way way more than any premier league game so far this season, especially games like yesterday.

I appreciate some can't bring themselves to sing gleefully when we're playing dire, but I don't expect a rendition of "by far the greatest team..." during these moments, it's not appropriate....it'd be fucking delusional! What would be appropriate would be a chorus of "Come on you Spurs!", something that says we want improvement, we want better, but in a positive manner. It's encouragement, it's driving the team on, it's support...from supporters.

Flowing%20stream.gif

Today was my first Spurs game, been trying to get to see them for years, but I have to say the people sitting around me should be embarrassed, was sitting in the Shelf Side and fuck all people near me made any effort to sing, I found myself singing alone with the Park Lane, and then after that they all boo and moan, it's honestly a disgrace, there was such a negative vibe in the air. If you don't want to actually support the team why bother?

But I really don't understand this booing, it's embarrassing and does no good, and fuck those people who say oh I paid ex amount so I'm entitled to blah blah.. shut the fuck up. I spent a lot of money I don't really have to spend and it didn't even cross my mind to boo the team.
/rant

tl;dr

Sing for the shirt or fuck off :avbscream:

Today was my first Spurs game, been trying to get to see them for years, but I have to say the people sitting around me should be embarrassed, was sitting in the Shelf Side and fuck all people near me made any effort to sing, I found myself singing alone with the Park Lane, and then after that they all boo and moan, it's honestly a disgrace, there was such a negative vibe in the air. If you don't want to actually support the team why bother?

But I really don't understand this booing, it's embarrassing and does no good, and fuck those people who say oh I paid ex amount so I'm entitled to blah blah.. shut the fuck up. I spent a lot of money I don't really have to spend and it didn't even cross my mind to boo the team.
/rant

tl;dr

Sing for the shirt or fuck off :avbscream:
Sorry you had to experience that on your first Spurs game. It never used to be like that... when we finished mid table! In my eyes today was a typical Spurs game, I've long learnt to deal with it and look forward to the next game.
It seems that since we've been doing a bit well of late, all the cunts have come out of the woodwork (well off cunts who haven't been to games for ages / ever) and demand to be entertained!

I actually found this site by googling "why are spurs fans booing and being cunts". I hope the whole 1882 thing kicks off!

Back
Top Bottom