Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh ffs, why does he insist on starting friedel?! I know he's not really done much wrong so far, but we've all seen that Lloris is the better player...

:coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys:
Almost Spurs time! Excited as fuck, woooooooooooooooo. COYS!
01MHJ.jpg

i hope this is our wake up call that we need to be starting every game like how we started playing after 60 minutes. i don't think it will though and the next game against mediocre opposition, we'll play as if we have a 10 goal lead until we concede

Nothing less than we deserved really. Shite performance first half and pretty negative subs second half. It's not enough to only raise your game in the last 20 minutes. It's because we have loads of injured players but honestly Huddlestone looks like he's actually got worse. I love his silky passing game and his goals are sublime when they go in but there's no verve to his playing at the moment he just looks like a clunker with not enough pace to press the ball and sustain pressure on the opposition and no incisiveness to his passing. Sigurdsson again was woeful. Dempsey looked like he was trying and so he should after his last performance but he doesn't look like a goalscorer. The kicker for me was to play Defoe alone against three massive really physical centre backs. I absolutely love him but how is he meant to pick up a pass and make a chance when we're playing like that? I hope Sandro isn't seriously injured because without him, Parker and Dembele we're a total walkover in central midfield. I keep going on about this but Rafa is worth more than Sigurdsson and Dempsey combined. It's starting to show now that the squad is stretched that it was mental to sell him. He's a born match winner. Gutted. Hopefully we'll improve next time. Love on yas all. COYS.

Lacking ideas, creativity...a midfield. Honestly, if AVB is telling Hudd to sit so deep, we need a formation that doesn't have wingers. With Bale and Lennon wide and Hudd deep, the middle of the park is unguarded, Wigan walked straight through the middle time and time again.

Though not suggesting Friedel cost us the game entirely, but I agree with Kayal, that ball needed to go over the bar...that's goalkeeping basics!

What, you can't boo the team for a shit performance after the match, or do you think everyone should have applauded the team off the field for a stellar effort?
I don't agree with booing. I think the entire stadium should chant, "You've let me down, you've let the club down, but worst of all you've let yourself down." Until everyone cries.

On my way back from that incredibly poor performance, at least Brad has admitted as much in interview.

But there were some incredible knee-jerking melters there today - in the bogs at half time one bloke actually said "I've been coming here since 1970 and this is the worst team I've ever seen and AVB is the worst manager we've ever had." Incredibly, 3 or 4 people agreed with him but at least the majority were laughing at the negativity.

Yes, it was very poor today. But FFS I swear I'm gonna swing at some of these people one day. And the weird thing was today was that it was an older crowd saying these things, fans who had quite obviously sat through the 90's.

Not one player deserved any applause or even a pat on the back today. But no one who supports this club should ever boo a player. Anyone who boo's their team is a complete and utter thundercunt.

Too many wankers attend the Lane, sterotyping, it's mainly older middle class males. They can afford to pay £40-61 for a Shelf Side ticket, they bring their son or daughter along and give horrible looks to anyone who dares sing or show any emotion except hate towards OUR football club.

I missed today thankfully but I think it's a little unfair to say that it's just 'well off' people that boo the team and don't sing. Trust me there are plenty of salt of the earth cockerny 'working class' guys sat round me in block 32 and plenty of them don't have the bottle to sing up for the shirt unless we're playing well. And plenty of them hurl abuse at our own players too. So disappointing

Seems theres an awful lot of "arent our fans shit" from the "redknapp is a wanker" brigade..... what if you got it really wrong?

My assessment now!

Get it out of my system, my fiancé has had enough of me moping about the house!

I also took my Bristol rovers mate as I'd gone to see afc Wimbledon v the gas last Tuesday which he described as the worst he'd seen rovers. He was buzzing for today's game and expecting a footballing lesson after watching league 2 crap! Ah well, he said he wants to come back to the lane!

I was initially so pissed off with avb that I wouldn't have minded seeing the headlines when I got home that he'd been let go...but my anger calmed down and now I'm glad he's still our boss!

He has annoyed me that he a) took Defoe off, b) played friedel c) didn't bring falque on

But that's about it. We had a VERY bad day at the office, worst I've seen for a while.

Ok, so we lost at home to Wigan, we always have one of those results every season, if its not the latics, it's stoke or similar?!

This has to be the last though, we need to step it up, rest players like walker and bale and Lennon, am sure we will have enough quality to beat Maribor by playing falque and sig from the start.

Still beind avb and Freund! Coys....never boo or jeer!!!!

The "I payed lots of money for the ticket and therefore I have the right to boo" argument is a weird one. There are thousands of fans around you who payed the same amount, who have the right not to have their visit to WHL being ruined by miserable ***** too.

Like smoked salmon said, your money buys you a seat and the chance to watch two teams play football. It doesn't guarantee a good performance or result.

Look, it's easy to be objective on a forum. I've been a ST holder for several years and have felt those feelings of frustration and anger many times. However, it's much easier to get over a shot game of you come away thinking the atmosphere was top notch and at least YOU had a good time even if the players were cack.

Far too many people base their enjoyment of the match day experience on how spurs get on on the pitch and that's where it all falls down. If winning is the be all and end all of a good day out at football, why is it that when we beat Peterborough 4-0 in the cup a few years ago it was one of the dullest games ever?

Back
Top Bottom