Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dunno why there is much outrage at taking Defoe off for Ade. Defoe was completely ineffective for the whole game. Playing a 4-4-2 doesn't automatically mean you get more chances, Redknapp used to get slated for going 4-4-2.

Having an effective loan striker pulls your attacking midfielders into the game. The reaction from our fans was so over the top. Makes me ashamed to get tarred with the same brush.

Do you not think that its unfair to Blame Defoe for being ineffective when he was supplied with so little ball? He seemed to be running his arse off looking for it, and yet I remember 2 or 3 occasions where balls to him were intercepted and wasted by Dempsey.

Defoe has shown this season that he has the energy and desire to go looking for the ball, I'm sure that in a 442 he could be coached to drop back and supplement the midfield when the opposition start to gain some possessional supremacy.

In a moment of terminal boredom I watched Dorchester v Plymouth yesterday, I heard much more noise than I did in the Wigan game. I watched our game on a feed that had no commentary as well, so any crowd noise was heard quite clearly, as was the calling of the players and coaching staff.

I think I actually heard a toilet flush in the first half.

Booing at half time or full time is poor but far more understandable than booing a substitution.

I was embarrassed and ashamed to be a Spurs fan on Saturday for pretty much the first time ever........we've become everything that we used to mock Woolwich fans for being - the one thing we had over them during years of mediocrity was that we could be proud of our unflinching support of the team, that's gone now and can never fully be restored.

In a moment of terminal boredom I watched Dorchester v Plymouth yesterday, I heard much more noise than I did in the Wigan game. I watched our game on a feed that had no commentary as well, so any crowd noise was heard quite clearly, as was the calling of the players and coaching staff.

I think I actually heard a toilet flush in the first half.

I watched that stream for a bit and switched to another where the crowd noise was A LOT more noticeable. Audio levels on recordings dont help sometimes.

Dont forget there are a lot of people who will have watched us concede 4 at home to Chelsea, a terrible performance away at Maribor, a good start but woeful 2nd half at Southampton, a poor performance at Norwich and then possibly the worst performance for a long time at home against Wigan.

You just have to accept there are people out there who will have just got a little frustrated with the team over the last few games.

When did Spurs fans become such fucking moaning pathetic plastic cunts??
Don't tell me that one season in the CL has spoiled an entire generation of support... we're better than that, surely...?

Theres a good debate on this in the Modern Tottenham thread...I think a couple things we need to remember are that this problem is not exclusive to us.

And the atmosphere was better before overall, but we havent gone from 90 minute carnival type support to library levels.

Both ends of the spectrum are being a little exaggerated imo

When did Spurs fans become such fucking moaning pathetic plastic cunts??
Don't tell me that one season in the CL has spoiled an entire generation of support... we're better than that, surely...?

Our support used to be a source of pride, Sunday was such an embarrassment it was upsetting.

groundhogday7.gif

Back
Top Bottom