What generation Tottenham are you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First gen, my Irish Dad followed (kept an eye on) Forest games as he liked Brian Clough.

Our next door neighbours in Wembley were manic Spurs fans (Mum/Dad ere Irish, the kids were all born in the states), took me to my first game late 70s.

Daughter no1 has a ST next to me at the ground now, daughter No2 is interested in Spurs, but not really that bothered. My son couldn't care less about any type of sport.

First gen, my Irish Dad followed (kept an eye on) Forest games as he liked Brian Clough.

Our next door neighbours in Wembley were manic Spurs fans (Mum/Dad ere Irish, the kids were all born in the states), took me to my first game late 70s.

Daughter no1 has a ST next to me at the ground now, daughter No2 is interested in Spurs, but not really that bothered. My son couldn't care less about any type of sport.
Your son feels like the winner there. Especially this week.

Obviously first. I got used to be laughed at when people ask who do I support. Gloryhunters everywhere. In my 15+ years of being a Spurs fan I never met one. Imagine how sad that is๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚
Thatโ€™s why I like TFC forum and podcast. Have a feeling of being more connected.

Dad was glaswegian of irish parents ..came down to london with his brother for work in the early 50s..both catholic mad celtic fans and pissheads..
Settled with my mum in hoxton / bethnal green..he took me and my brothers to spurs one week and them cunts down the road the next & sometimes over the orient ..saturdays then was albout the match
..all 4 boys became yids without much pressure..my first game was in 1968 v burnley .
Last game was v hitler youth last week.

In between i dare say myself and those who know me personelly on here of my generation together could spend quite a few hours reliving expieriences good, bad and ugly following this lifelong passion thats called thfc.

My lad is a yid too but his passion is not as strong and has more pressing leisure interests elsewhere..
2 brothers spread over the world,one in south africa..one in u.s...if you watch the paddy power football ads with peter crouch my eldest brother is the actor with the flat cap and jack russel dog.

My brother lives in Sweden and is a Dipper so obviously I got the brains in my family!

Went to my first game on Boxing Day 1962 as a 7 year old, beat Ipswich 5-0. it snowed on Christmas Eve and was the start of the Arctic winter of 63. Got the train from Cambridge Heath and from Bruce Grove, got my first sight of the colossal floodlight pylons highlighting the falling snow on a grey day.
Walked up the steps in the Paxton, saw a white pitch with the lines swept and an orange ball. I stood at the top of the stars and physically could not move. It was like Narnia, a magical place.
I saw Sir Jim get a hat trick and men in white shirts pass to men in white shirts. It was poetic, the roar of the crowd, the smells of matchday and a programme.
Got the train home in a trance in time to watch Dr. Who do battle with the Daleks. I had no fear of them now.
I had an army.

Since that far off day the needle has been in the vein, and whilst our relationship has been occasionally abusive, I cannot bear to leave them.

Soul of a poet, me.

Your son feels like the winner there. Especially this week.
He won't feel the lows like we do but, then again, he won't feel the highs either.

It's not until you've experienced the lows that you can truly experience the highs. They may seem fleeting, but they're all the sweeter for it.

Went to my first game on Boxing Day 1962 as a 7 year old, beat Ipswich 5-0. it snowed on Christmas Eve and was the start of the Arctic winter of 63. Got the train from Cambridge Heath and from Bruce Grove, got my first sight of the colossal floodlight pylons highlighting the falling snow on a grey day.
Walked up the steps in the Paxton, saw a white pitch with the lines swept and an orange ball. I stood at the top of the stars and physically could not move. It was like Narnia, a magical place.
I saw Sir Jim get a hat trick and men in white shirts pass to men in white shirts. It was poetic, the roar of the crowd, the smells of matchday and a programme.
Got the train home in a trance in time to watch Dr. Who do battle with the Daleks. I had no fear of them now.
I had an army.

Since that far off day the needle has been in the vein, and whilst our relationship has been occasionally abusive, I cannot bear to leave them.

Soul of a poet, me.
Wonderful . reading that gave me goosebumps. Thank you

First team I have any memory of is us under Redknapp.
You must be young? Whozhh a little baby. You . Yeshh you are .

I started following spurs since mid 90s. The team was quite shit then, but we won a league cup. Also as good a winger as Son can be, there was just something about Ginola that cant be replicated. From those days I think 3 players could get in our current team and improve it. Ginola, Teddy and he who shall not be named.

I started following spurs since mid 90s. The team was quite shit then, but we won a league cup. Also as good a winger as Son can be, there was just something about Ginola that cant be replicated. From those days I think 3 players could get in our current team and improve it. Ginola, Teddy and he who shall not be named.

Pretty young, yeah.

Ginola had flair, no? As effective as Son has always been I donโ€™t think heโ€™s ever been all that exciting for a winger. Obviously scored worldies (that one vs Burnley!!) but more functional than fun.

I had an army.

Soul of a poet, me.
Season 1 Episode 6 GIF by America's Got Talent

1st gen for me. My old man hated football, mum's a glory hunting Liverpool fan (from the East End - the shame of it).

I started supporting Spurs in 80/81 season. I got one of those league wall charts where you'd move the teams up and down each week after the results. I saw the name 'Tottenham Hotspur,' and it just stuck with me - I thought it was the most magical name for a football team.

My only football influence really was from my uncle, who's a gooner - but to be fair to him, he never tried to sway me. In fact he even took me to my first Spurs match in 1987 when I was twelve. I've never had so many butterflies in my stomach as that day getting to go to White Hart Lane. The memory will stay with me forever.

1st Gen here.
Was a schoolkid glory hunting Liverpool fan (in Norfolk obviously). Favourite player was Ray Clemence, and when he came to Spurs so did I. At 9 years old I'm not sure whether I was really allowed to change allegience?

Dad was / is nominally a West Ham fan I believe, brother chose United and stuck. He's had plenty of good times. 1st game was against them at the Lane. Back row on the wooden benches of the Shelf.

Both sons are Liverpool fans (more gloryhunting) but daughters are Spurs ( well daughter 1 is, daughter 2 couldn't really give a monkeys but likes a day out at the stadium once in a while).

Last edited:
1st gen for me. My old man hated football, mum's a glory hunting Liverpool fan (from the East End - the shame of it).

I started supporting Spurs in 80/81 season. I got one of those league wall charts where you'd move the teams up and down each week after the results. I saw the name 'Tottenham Hotspur,' and it just stuck with me - I thought it was the most magical name for a football team.

My only football influence really was from my uncle, who's a gooner - but to be fair to him, he never tried to sway me. In fact he even took me to my first Spurs match in 1987 when I was twelve. I've never had so many butterflies in my stomach as that day getting to go to White Hart Lane. The memory will stay with me forever.
Cool innit?

That feeling of wonder never really left me in all the years I went to WHL. I always made a point of getting there early. After smashing down a couple of quarter pounders, I'd go into the ground and that feeling of wonder would hit every time I got to the top of the stairs and saw the pitch. It was even better for evening games, the floodlights lighting up that Green carpet, hearing the buzz grow louder as the ground gradually filled, cheering the names of the players as they were read out, then feeling the excitement build as kick off approached.

Every single time it felt like my first time, not quite believing that I was there and excited for what was to come.

It's the only place I've ever been to as an adult, that made me feel like a kid again.

For a while in the 90s Ginola was the only reason to watch us

Must have met a wonderful lady to move to such a place.

She is a teacher who taught Swedish here and English there

The locals think that heโ€™s Norwegian because of his accent as he speaks fluent Swedish

Ex Navy submariner

Back
Top Bottom