What generation Tottenham are you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All UK family trace back to East End, within Bow bells then slowly moved east a few miles each gen.
So, its the 'ammers geez.
Except me as a 1st Gen. and then came along 1 cousin (F), 2 cousin-in-laws (M) who are season ticket holders (or were), and when Dad last got back to the UK he went to TFS within about a month or two of the first home games, so we may of converted him?!? I know he enjoyed the experience and the beer.

Dad was glaswegian of irish parents ..came down to london with his brother for work in the early 50s..both catholic mad celtic fans and pissheads..
Settled with my mum in hoxton / bethnal green..he took me and my brothers to spurs one week and them cunts down the road the next & sometimes over the orient ..saturdays then was albout the match
..all 4 boys became yids without much pressure..my first game was in 1968 v burnley .
Last game was v hitler youth last week.

In between i dare say myself and those who know me personelly on here of my generation together could spend quite a few hours reliving expieriences good, bad and ugly following this lifelong passion thats called thfc.

My lad is a yid too but his passion is not as strong and has more pressing leisure interests elsewhere..
2 brothers spread over the world,one in south africa..one in u.s...if you watch the paddy power football ads with peter crouch my eldest brother is the actor with the flat cap and jack russel dog.

Last edited:
It’s like Braveheart without the kilts, Baz.

Hold

Hold

Hold

Animated GIF

I get the feeling that's a VERY common story in Ireland.
Liverpool are by far the worst supporters. Insufferable.
Utd then but nowhere near the dippers.
Most others including woolwich, spam, chavs actually arent too bad Believe it or not. Can laugh at themselves when things not going well for them. Any city fan i kmow are long term so appreciate what they have and in fact 1 one said he sort of misses the old rollercoaster days

hundred percent.

Most here are glory following plastics. United if like me you were born between 1980-1999 or Liverpool if you're older just following the glory.

They can support who they like and they're some decent ones of course but they don't understand their supporter journey is different to mine, winning a trophy means less than it would to us!

What's also sad (and tbh quite common) is when people use the club they support to show ugly personality traits like arrogance or rudeness people who sacrafise morals and defend the indefensible for a club they just fucking chose but wave their dicks around like that makes them better than you

it's a mad world man.
At the end of the day for me my gaa club trumps all else. Ive had some success with them. Some of the greatest days ive had.

As for my county gaa team well kildare are the spurs of gaa. So im fucked

Both called lillywhites surprisingly enough

When you dig far back enough isn't there also some form of religous and/or immigration relationship between Ireland & Liverpool?

My mum is from Liverpool and her dad is from Ireland although most of it was 19th century emigration. The Liverpool accent is basically Lancashire combined with Irish, although there was a lot of Welsh and Glaswegian movement to Liverpool.

My mum growing up saw Orangeman Protestant marchers, so even some of the sectarianism came over. Most pubs in Liverpool are o’Connells or O’Leary’s and the schools are often ‘’Our Lady of Good Help’’.

Merseyside has 1.5m people but feels like a small town in mentality, everyone knows everyone.

Firstly Eli , what a great thread, I've enjoyed reading everyone's story (I'm so nosy!).
As I may have mentioned before, dad was Chavs, I watched '67 Cup Final with him, and because we won, declared myself a Spurs fan. Went to my first game in 1969 and have been hooked since.
I don't have children, but persuaded sister, brother, nephew, cousins, their kids and various friends to be Yids. They probably curse me for inflicting this on them. But I think it's character building, you can't be a wuss supporting Spurs.
There are times that I wished I'd taking up knitting or tiddlywinks instead of Spurs (especially after Wednesday night), but I can't imagine that I will ever give it up while I'm still able to afford it. TTID

Second , my dad ( god bless his soul ) took me to see his beloved Spurs in 1961 , when I was 7 . Been hooked ever since . All my kids and grandchildren have followed suit . Spurs will always be very special to me

Back
Top Bottom