West Ham United VS Tottenham Hotspur - Wednesday 31th August, London Stadium 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't really been near this thread

Is anyone talking about Rice's challenge on PEH?
The pundits seemed to miss entirely how he stuck his knee into PEH to make sure it hurt. They focussed on the boot but not how he clearly used his knee on the inside of Hojbergs

It was a strong tackle but nothing really wrong with it. Sometimes the physics are just unfortunate.

By the way, this “west ham” were unlucky not to win narrative (the funniest version of which was spouted in his usual half baked cockney babble by Joe Cole as “spurs ave got away wiv one ere”) is total bollocks.

Overall we dominated the ball (61%), for the most part they did the Moyes bus park shuffle, and their XG (1.52) only looked better than our (0.72) because the almost 0.9 chance Son would have had was stuck in his own net by Kehrer and gave us a 0.0 chance.

For the most part it was just a pretty meh game from two pretty meh looking teams, with us as meh+.

Last edited:
100% agree. It must have deliberate. As he dropped soon as 2nd half started. Thus completely diruptiong the start of the 2nd half. He then goes down a few minutes later for his boots. This was premeditated I think to waste time. He then never got subbed even with skipp warming up. Typically Italian dark arts. We didn’t look interested in playing football or scoring a 2nd goal.
If we were playing a team like that everyone would be up in arms. Everyone if their honest with themselves would feel the same. We hate when the oppo waste time or disrupt the game. So we can’t have it both ways!
It wasn’t premeditated. His boot was torn. Agree it was disruptive though.

Problems - look at that big fat arrow between Sanchez and Dier and then look at those arrows from Dier to Bissouma/Hojbjerg 😃

Fucking so obvious where the problems lie here, Romero Bentancur in and a competent RWB who everyone trust to give the ball to.

Sanchez is such a drop off from Romero in terms of playing out from the back, and Emerson can't provide any cover.

Combine this with the ineffectiveness in midfield and Fulham would be insane not to emply the same strategy.

Morning Gazzapen, haven't seen you for ages
Hallo there. I decided to keep it low key and allow all the Levy apologists time to see that our "Great Window" was actually not so 'Great'. I was being slated for suggesting we got Lucky in the Bargain Bin. People truly believed there was 150 million quid to dish out. Surprise, surprise, same old Sh1t, just a different window.

Same high priced tickets, same high priced jerseys, same bullshit José had to face and the same old "Anti-Football" (as some anti Jose folk termed it. I honestly don't see any improvement on where we were with him, other than a few better players. I'm not optimistic at all.

Hallo there. I decided to keep it low key and allow all the Levy apologists time to see that our "Great Window" was actually not so 'Great'. I was being slated for suggesting we got Lucky in the Bargain Bin. People truly believed there was 150 million quid to dish out. Surprise, surprise, same old Sh1t, just a different window.

Same high priced tickets, same high priced jerseys, same bullshit José had to face and the same old "Anti-Football" (as some anti Jose folk termed it. I honestly don't see any improvement on where we were with him, other than a few better players. I'm not optimistic at all.
Jerseys ??

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

....... same old "Anti-Football" (as some anti Jose folk termed it. I honestly don't see any improvement on where we were with him, other than a few better players.

LOL....

Since Jose:

"A 'few' better players" (Romero, Kulu, Bentancur, Perisic, Richarlison, Bissouma + a bunch of others)
4th placed finish (compared to 7th).
Amongst the best defenses since Conte arrived.
Amongst the highest scorers since Conte arrived.
Currently 3rd.

"No improvement" though. 💩🤡

Mug.

If PEH hadn't fucked about for so long with his boot, and caused a distraction/loss of focus, I think we would've been more switched on for the WH goal, and possibly prevented it. I can't stand his theatrics, and bloody pointing when he messes up.

He seemed to be more interested in arguing with the referee rather than picking up Soucek

The fact that he got caught out with this numerous times is what did my head in. You can make that mistake once, but it kept happening over and over again in the second half.

He also seems too frightened to try and catch the ball from a shot instead electing to punch it virtually every time

Apart from the opening game we have been limited and poor in every game so far in fact I can't believe we have not lost two games by now.
We are riding our luck and if this doesn't improve it will all come tumbling down quite quickly.
Watches us play is a chore the team doesn't know what it is or even doing and not addressing key areas of the team will hurt us come may.
Agree totally! Look back at the threads from last season how many kept banging on about give conte a preseason with his players. Looks to me as if they don’t nothing on how we play. It’s the sane as last year basically no idea what to do when we have the ball. We got through last more by som and Kane banging them in with useful cameo by kulu. Now that has almost disappeared this season we look clueless. God knows what a conte pre season was supposed to give!

You seem to be making progress Maureen.

Previously, you'd only whine like this when we lost a game, you're now trying it out when we draw a game and seem to be making a good fist of it.

Pretty soon you can move up to whining when we are winning games, and your full Pokémon evolution will be complete.

Happy Ash Ketchum GIF
Lol

It wasn’t premeditated. His boot was torn. Agree it was disruptive though.
The going down after 5 seconds of the 2nd half starting. Surely either he was injured and not to come out or he was play acting. They had HT to sort him out and he came back 9on. Only to then start waving when we didn’t even have the ball to say he was injured.

A trip to the old Boelyn ground was always a good away day and eventful. Last night was my 4th visit and it's probably my last. Nothing about it is good.
I was in the top tier and it's just not worth it. The view is the worst at any stadium anywhere and the atmosphere is non existant.
This is their biggest game and all they sang was that pathetic song about pretty bubbles at the start of each half and stand up if you hate tottenham, which is just woolwich level of patheticness,

Absolute shit place to go from start to finish and the fuckin idiots charged £6.60 for a pint of watered down gnats piss.

Has there ever been a worse decision in business or sport...?

I remember going on KUMB around the time it happened and pissing myself at their deluded fans saying things like

“Watch us go now”

“Look at the amount of players we’ll be able to attract “

“What an astute business woman Karen Brady is”

:harrylol:

Agree totally! Look back at the threads from last season how many kept banging on about give conte a preseason with his players. Looks to me as if they don’t nothing on how we play. It’s the sane as last year basically no idea what to do when we have the ball. We got through last more by som and Kane banging them in with useful cameo by kulu. Now that has almost disappeared this season we look clueless. God knows what a conte pre season was supposed to give!
Useful cameo 😅😅
Imagine a team depending on 1 or 2 players.
Do the dippers look the same without mane. Or thiago.
Take out haaland would city be flying.
Take benzema out of madrid would they have won champuons league last year.
Every team depends on a couple of players of the highest quality.
Every team suffers a little if theyre not firing

You may be right. Apart from when we score a break away goal his almost motionless. Doesn’t seem to inspire the players either. Exactly where are his team talks?
I guess at some point even the world's best Managers have to give up trying to convince an owner he knows less about football than what they do.

No matter what Conte tells them, the players in all honesty are simply not good enough. Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Emerson, Doherty, Sessegnon, Spence are unfortunately not League winning material. No amount of team talking will change that.

There is a reason why Woolwich is honestly improved by 500%. They bought the right players. We always want to go bargain hunting. Doesn't win you leagues. Much as we see the news saying how happy Conte is, I have a feeling he'll be happier walking away.

Back
Top Bottom