West Ham United VS Tottenham Hotspur - Wednesday 31th August, London Stadium 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Davies is fine defensively but rarely cuts up anyone with his passing. Against top level opposition his forward forays look fairly ineffective. Lenglet to get a start vs Fulham is a great shout.
His average at best and has a tendency to go barging into back of players. Really isn’t the quality we need. Him and diers shitness have been camouflaged by playing in a 3, 2 CM holders and the team sitting back.

His average at best and has a tendency to go barging into back of players. Really isn’t the quality we need. Him and diers shitness have been camouflaged by playing in a 3, 2 CM holders and the team sitting back.
Agree. I'm eager to see what Lenglet can bring in comparison. Would be nice to see some better long passing from his position.

If he wasn’t left footed, he’d have been binned off.

Now I like Davies and he’s been an excellent squad player that’s been happy to wait his turn, but if he’s an automatic starter then we aren’t a top team.

If PEH hadn't fucked about for so long with his boot, and caused a distraction/loss of focus, I think we would've been more switched on for the WH goal, and possibly prevented it. I can't stand his theatrics, and bloody pointing when he messes up.
Yeah he wound me up in the start of 2nd half. Was just an unnecessary distraction that could have been avoided either by him getting on with it or Conte hooking him

Yip. I'm awaiting the crit. I consciously made the choice to not post anything for a while now and give "This Brilliant Window" time to pass. I was right in every way. We have more players on loan than real substitutes on the bench. No one is willing to purchase any of our so called 'Spurs Aces'. We have 80 percent of Mourinho's squad still on the park. Some believe we are playing better football, I seem to be watching Reruns. We back to hearing how "Spursy" we are. To me, it appears Conté will be lining his pockets and moving on soon. I don't see him hanging around to coach Dier, Davies, Sanchez.....Hell make it the whole squad less two or three.
You may be right. Apart from when we score a break away goal his almost motionless. Doesn’t seem to inspire the players either. Exactly where are his team talks?

It really is that straightforward, the team is still gelling and developing we can’t be disappointed so far this season.
Gelling it’s basically been the sane starting 11 from last season. Other teams seam to have integrated new players. Why some on here make excuses all the time?

Gelling it’s basically been the sane starting 11 from last season. Other teams seam to have integrated new players. Why some on here make excuses all the time?
I’m not making excuses, we’re unbeaten and 3rd in the league after a tricky opening.

I really don’t know where you expect us to be

agree mostly somewhat, We look solid at most points during games. It's just we look a bit ropey on the ball, bordering on clueless at times, and Woolwich having the brilliant start they've had albeit playing nothing but Jnr league fixtures so far, doesn't help
Apart from chavs away who have we played that our world beaters? I’m fact we struggled in all our ganes and given up plenty of chances and create little apart from in the counter.

We’d be better off switching perisic and Davies when we are in possession. Or letting perisic drop deep when Sanchez/dier are just endlessly passing back and forth before going long.He wasn’t afraid to play one between the lines.

A trip to the old Boelyn ground was always a good away day and eventful. Last night was my 4th visit and it's probably my last. Nothing about it is good.
I was in the top tier and it's just not worth it. The view is the worst at any stadium anywhere and the atmosphere is non existant.
This is their biggest game and all they sang was that pathetic song about pretty bubbles at the start of each half and stand up if you hate tottenham, which is just woolwich level of patheticness,

Absolute shit place to go from start to finish and the fuckin idiots charged £6.60 for a pint of watered down gnats piss.

Has there ever been a worse decision in business or sport...?

Poor performance across the entire team.

1st half possession slow and ponderous, sideways and backwards passing is becoming a disease.

Low intensity and a lack of desire to win or should I say not to lose.

I cannot understand how a World Cup winning keeper can be so poor with a ball at his feet.

Or how fans continue to look for excuses that these results and performances lay at the feet of this player or that player. That performance was through the entire team and what’s more we made a single substitution the entire game!
And the player that was displaced was one of the few that seemed to actually give a fuck!

I love Spurs, and I love Conte but there is no fucking excuse for that performance and getting a point does not change that. The Chelsea game was poor and they battered us all 1st half and for periods of the second but last night we were way off the pace. Sloppy, negative football and allowed a bang average underperforming West Ham to make us look like shit. Son was shit again and played 90, PEH injured and played 90. Bissouma can’t get 5 minutes in the previous 4 games and is forced to play 90 while clearly not up to it yet AND on a (stupid) early yellow.

I can accept a draw or a loss when the team works and at least looks like they care but that was a shower of shit.

I could go on and on but I won’t.

Stop blaming the refs because that handball was not a penalty under the current laws. Stop blaming anything but our Team, from the Manager on down to every player on that pitch last night because they were all poor and were lucky to get a point against a team that were there for the taking…..anyone here seeing positives in that performance have me completely baffled

Put it behind and get it sorted Conte.

Poor performance across the entire team.

1st half possession slow and ponderous, sideways and backwards passing is becoming a disease.

Low intensity and a lack of desire to win or should I say not to lose.

I cannot understand how a World Cup winning keeper can be so poor with a ball at his feet.

Or how fans continue to look for excuses that these results and performances lay at the feet of this player or that player. That performance was through the entire team and what’s more we made a single substitution the entire game!
And the player that was displaced was one of the few that seemed to actually give a fuck!

I love Spurs, and I love Conte but there is no fucking excuse for that performance and getting a point does not change that. The Chelsea game was poor and they battered us all 1st half and for periods of the second but last night we were way off the pace. Sloppy, negative football and allowed a bang average underperforming West Ham to make us look like shit. Son was shit again and played 90, PEH injured and played 90. Bissouma can’t get 5 minutes in the previous 4 games and is forced to play 90 while clearly not up to it yet AND on a (stupid) early yellow.

I can accept a draw or a loss when the team works and at least looks like they care but that was a shower of shit.

I could go on and on but I won’t.

Stop blaming the refs because that handball was not a penalty under the current laws. Stop blaming anything but our Team, from the Manager on down to every player on that pitch last night because they were all poor and were lucky to get a point against a team that were there for the taking…..anyone here seeing positives in that performance have me completely baffled

Put it behind and get it sorted Conte.
Apart from the opening game we have been limited and poor in every game so far in fact I can't believe we have not lost two games by now.
We are riding our luck and if this doesn't improve it will all come tumbling down quite quickly.
Watches us play is a chore the team doesn't know what it is or even doing and not addressing key areas of the team will hurt us come may.

A trip to the old Boelyn ground was always a good away day and eventful. Last night was my 4th visit and it's probably my last. Nothing about it is good.
I was in the top tier and it's just not worth it. The view is the worst at any stadium anywhere and the atmosphere is non existant.
This is their biggest game and all they sang was that pathetic song about pretty bubbles at the start of each half and stand up if you hate tottenham, which is just woolwich level of patheticness,

Absolute shit place to go from start to finish and the fuckin idiots charged £6.60 for a pint of watered down gnats piss.

Has there ever been a worse decision in business or sport...?
100% it's terrible.
I almost feel sorry for there fans then remember how much I hate them:akabusi:
As for the welcoming committee we get now 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

100% agree. It must have deliberate. As he dropped soon as 2nd half started. Thus completely diruptiong the start of the 2nd half. He then goes down a few minutes later for his boots. This was premeditated I think to waste time. He then never got subbed even with skipp warming up. Typically Italian dark arts. We didn’t look interested in playing football or scoring a 2nd goal.
If we were playing a team like that everyone would be up in arms. Everyone if their honest with themselves would feel the same. We hate when the oppo waste time or disrupt the game. So we can’t have it both ways!
You seem to be making progress Maureen.

Previously, you'd only whine like this when we lost a game, you're now trying it out when we draw a game and seem to be making a good fist of it.

Pretty soon you can move up to whining when we are winning games, and your full Pokémon evolution will be complete.

Happy Ash Ketchum GIF

This place and the hemmorates are the worst away days out of the whole PL. Awful grounds. Awful atmosphere. Can’t see shit. I don’t look forward to them at all. And we keep chucking in rotten performances too. Chavs away is still fun. But these two grounds are pointless.

Back
Top Bottom