Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at liverpool penalty bobby madLey would have given us at least 2.2 tackles on ali were penos. Out of 4 to 5 possible penalties we get none.some consistency would be nice

May I ask:
Is it the actual criticism of the players you dislike? Or is it the amount of criticism/way it is done that worries you most? Friendly question as am intrigued.

Me too as I’ve nothing against Ben but simply think he’s not good enough

Looking at liverpool penalty bobby madLey would have given us at least 2.2 tackles on ali were penos. Out of 4 to 5 possible penalties we get none.some consistency would be nice

Never a penalty on Lallana tonight

Couldn’t believe it

Madley deffo a red

It’s definitely subjective. I am probably ungracious to many opinions with my views. I understand that. I’d accept league placing has been consistent ( 2 and 3rd is very good ) but the trophy count over 15 years is poor compared to 50’s / 60’s / 70’s and 80’s. Even in the 90’s we won 2 Trophies. We have won 1 in almost 19 years now and 1 this century.

But we’ve had two decent challenges for the title

Poch should be knighted for that alone given his resources

- The manner of the criticism and the lengths peeps are prepared to go to validate it.
- The degree of the criticism (and the apparent glee taken in doing so).
- The fickle nature of much of it.
- The baffling agendas often lurking beneath.
- The scapegoating that seemingly gets used as a vehicle to get over petulant dissapointment of certain outcomes (results, transfers and so on).
- The name-calling of out of favour players.

I thought my criticism was a fair call
I take no glee in criticising any of our players
I am not fickle
I have no agendas other than supporting Spurs
I do not scapegoat as I call what I see fairly and objectively
I am not name calling merely expressing an opinion

Calm down ffs as you’re usually a good poster

Still shaking my head in disbelief that we did not win this game, so frustrating to watch. But if we don't score early, then these teams that park the double deckers are always likely to have one lucky shot.
I thought Serge had a good game, Sonny too. I don't like slagging off individual players, as none of them are brilliant all the time, but Sissoko was pretty poor, IMO. Harry obviously hasn't fully recovered from the 'flu, and think we would have been better served, if we had used him as a sub, as we had done at Swansea.
Such a shame that we didn't take the chance of getting a bit closer to the teams above us, the Spammers will probably bring out a DVD saying they stopped us getting 4th place!
Wembley looked sparse, attendance of 50,000 pretty poor for a London derby - you can't tell me that the late schedule change and playing a league game on a Thursday night didn't affect the number.
Ah well, onwards and upwards!

But we’ve had two decent challenges for the title

Poch should be knighted for that alone given his resources
Agree. Except then the question is why the lack of resources ? 3rd then 2nd means he got the team to the cusp of a title. The next logical step is 1st. Did the business done in the summer show real intent to make that final step ?

In no way am I criticising Poch. I am Levy though.

Still shaking my head in disbelief that we did not win this game, so frustrating to watch. But if we don't score early, then these teams that park the double deckers are always likely to have one lucky shot.
I thought Serge had a good game, Sonny too. I don't like slagging off individual players, as none of them are brilliant all the time, but Sissoko was pretty poor, IMO. Harry obviously hasn't fully recovered from the 'flu, and think we would have been better served, if we had used him as a sub, as we had done at Swansea.
Such a shame that we didn't take the chance of getting a bit closer to the teams above us, the Spammers will probably bring out a DVD saying they stopped us getting 4th place!
Wembley looked sparse, attendance of 50,000 pretty poor for a London derby - you can't tell me that the late schedule change and playing a league game on a Thursday night didn't affect the number.
Ah well, onwards and upwards!

Agree with most of that Mrs P but I thought Sissoko was ok

Our worst player was Davies but then he didn’t have a lot to do as a defender because the Pikeys barely tried to attack so I’m just judging on his ability to go past players and crossing, hence my rating

Davies our worst player? Are you mad? He is probably our most consistent full back now that Walker is gone - Rose still has to prove himself back from his long time out, Aurier has shown very good moments but also very bad moments, Trippier is not good enough defensively but can put in a good offensive performance when given the space to play.

Davies on the other hand is always one of our best defensive players, very rarely gets beaten for pace which is a miracle for a bloke who isn't exactly lightning. Puts in last ditch tackles and covers CBs excellently. Going forward he is aware of his limitations and doesn't push himself to try and take people on down the outside so plays to his strengths and does inside overlaps where he influences the game and lets Son take an outside position to get one on ones. His crossing against WHam wasn't one of his best nights but he is actually very technically sound and can hit a good delivery - not to mention he gets into the box more and has more shots on goal than any of our other full backs.

Davies our worst player? Are you mad? He is probably our most consistent full back now that Walker is gone - Rose still has to prove himself back from his long time out, Aurier has shown very good moments but also very bad moments, Trippier is not good enough defensively but can put in a good offensive performance when given the space to play.

Davies on the other hand is always one of our best defensive players, very rarely gets beaten for pace which is a miracle for a bloke who isn't exactly lightning. Puts in last ditch tackles and covers CBs excellently. Going forward he is aware of his limitations and doesn't push himself to try and take people on down the outside so plays to his strengths and does inside overlaps where he influences the game and lets Son take an outside position to get one on ones. His crossing against WHam wasn't one of his best nights but he is actually very technically sound and can hit a good delivery - not to mention he gets into the box more and has more shots on goal than any of our other full backs.
He rarely gets any help covering his side of the pitch either. He has to work up and down the whole sideline.

Back
Top Bottom