Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

f80d77445eac66a20f7598bf08bf5e6f1ddb063c51ed60c97780102894759fd5.gif

Can someone remind me the next time we draw, to go on that clubs forum, open an account and shout about it from the roof tops.. I just want to know what it's like to be a West Ham fan for a day :dembelelol:

Can someone remind me the next time we draw, to go on that clubs forum, open an account and shout about it from the roof tops.. I just want to know what it's like to be a West Ham fan for a day :dembelelol:

I laughed.... But it was more if a nervous chuckle that sent a icey chill down my spine.

Thatโ€™s comical and club PR bullshit. There is no way on earth the project would spiral like that in costs. If it did. Well frankly it would prove Levy to be a huge fool, which I am sure he is not.....

And why should the team suffer for the stadium ? We have had austerity under Sugar, austerity under ENIC and then more austerity under ENIC. The money to buy the bulls cross centre, the money to buy the land around the stadium, those houses....all came from the Austerity pot ! We are not a small club. We are actually massive, the con trick is that we are painted as plucky Spurs. We donโ€™t overachieve, we underachieve. Thatโ€™s the fact. We got how much to finish second ? And spent how much out on player investment ?

We drew with West Ham tonight as we were not better than West Ham. Fact. I hate saying it. But I equally hate the lies that everyone hides behind.

Fair enough but the cost of the new stadium should be taken into account in any transfer dealings

Likes of us will probably never find out the true cost

Disagree completely there mate. Aurier played well but for some unknown reason Sissoko was taking up LW and overlapping Aurier rather than vice versa. I try not to criticise Sissoko too much but I have no idea what position he was trying to play tonight.

Take him out of the way and Aurier would have had a good game imo.

Ok fair enough but what about the other flank?

I thought Davies shite
About Div 1 level
Gives 100% but not good enough for us

He does indeed.

You lose so much when one of them is missing.

That's why I'm such a big advocate for the signing of Sessegnon and wanting to give Walker-Peters a go. KWP has completed more take-ons this season in the Premier League than Trippier (He has played 1 game), do you know how embarrassing that is!?

Spot on

I thought he played well against Newcastle despite them targeting him and have been disappointed not to see more of him

As a West Ham fan and football fan I read this and other forums with a sense of humour. Rarely needing to comment if I'm honest. However there are some on here that regardless of the result would never give the opposition any credit whatsoever. Yes you're undoubtedly a better team (currently)and we'd love to have some of your players. Saying that, we had to play to the only strength we've currently got 'some form of organised defence at last'. It's not down to us to come to your gaff and play your expansive football so you can march on through us; it's down to you and your coach to work that one out for yourselves. Free flowing football, we'd love that too and I'm sure in time it'll come when we're eventually sold to a bored 'Arab/Chinese billionaire'. In the meantime enjoy the rest of your season... Apparently we've had our cup final so I suppose it'll be all down hill for us paupers from here on in...
Fair post IMO. It's not West Ham/Moyes's job to entertain, it's their job to try and keep their team in the league just like Brighton/West Brom/Bournemouth/Palace/Stoke etc and their best way of doing that is to park the bus when they play us at Wembley or WHL, and to try and win their home games against other struggling sides. It does make you lot sound a bit hypocritical though when you go on about "the West Ham way".

File under "He gets forward"

See also "Electrician wiring plug correctly", "Photographer taking photo in focus" or "Translator choosing correct word"

These last two are my areas, I've been known to be Sissoko-esque

:lamelaaghh:

No file under he works hard and gets back and covers

Some of the reasons Poch picks him

Oh come on, Assou-Ekotto during the 2009-10 season was incredible.

Never rated him Iโ€™m afraid

Bad attitude and I used to tear my hair out watching him amble back without a care in the world after going forward and losing possession while the rest of our side were busting a gut to cover for him

Ok fair enough but what about the other flank?

I thought Davies shite
About Div 1 level
Gives 100% but not good enough for us

Fucking harsh.

Ben PROVED to be good enough for us over and over during Rose's absence.

Honestly, why is it literally all but a few here (and beyond) who can't wait to stick the boot into our players????

...Fucking tiresome!

Back
Top Bottom