Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How could anyone with eyes see how utterly shit Sissoko was? Its not just all the things I said before, cant shoot, cant pass, cant defend cand find or see space and so on. Even his short passes half the time are hit badly - too hard, too short, behind, in front of the target. So the next man has to check or stretch or whatever.

Believe me, I wish I didn't dislike him so much but he brings absolutely nothing to the team. Saying he gets forward or tries hard is nowhere near enough., Raziak got forward. Andy Booth tried hard. It's like praising an electrician whose wiring burned your house down for wiring the plug properly.
paulinho was much better

Your attempts and being antagonistic are getting a bit tired now.

Not being antagonistic mate, just showing that you're talking shite. I have a feeling you do this a lot, you're very good at it.

Do you think the PL will give us more more points for playing better or having more possession than West Ham? No, of course they won't. All that matters is the result. West Ham played to a game plan, sooner you understand that not every game can be like watching Brazil of the 1970s the better...

But I say the same thing every week. In fact, on the 55th minute today, I even said in this very thread that we'd be making a sub in 20 minutes time. Low and behold, 20 minutes later (once we were losing), he finally made a change. Not sure how it's fickle. It's a criticism of Pochettino's game management, which is probably the worst part of his game. Praising him for other facets of his game isn't fickle so don't tell me it is.

Like fuck do you bitch about it after a positive result (of which we have far more than dissapointing ones).

I don't think I've ever once said Davies is better than Rose. I don't think Davies has the ability to ever be better than Rose unfortunately. Too slow, not intelligent enough and doesn't have the aggression with the ball. He's a decent left back but wing back he is not.

Meh... Next time Ben plays a blinder you'll be all over his dick again... Bit like your 'sideways passing Winks' comments.

F.I.C.K.L.E.

Sissoko is good when:
  • He is coming off the bench, and
  • We are up and trying to kill a game off and he can run at pace against their back line
He is generally bad starting. He’s very limited on what he can do for Spurs.

I haven't got anything against Lamela per se he just isn't the game changer we lack.

Too much like Eriksen to be fair, and in my opinion no where near as good. Can we imagine if we has Zaha (or similar) in that side tonight, a Mahrez? I am not familiar with a lot of European players that sit behind a striker but i don't believe that there isn't one out their that wouldn't mind playing for a top PL side and fancy his hand at CL footie?

Same old, same old, rinsing and repeating isn't working and in fairness may have cost us a title a couple of seasons ago. We offer no surprise element, give teams far too much time to settle their defence when we get the ball to the extent that even Stevie Wonder could spot out next pass.

Like fuck do you bitch about it after a positive result (of which we have far more than dissapointing ones).

Meh... Next time Ben plays a blinder you'll be all over his dick again... Bit like your 'sideways passing Winks' comments.

F.I.C.K.L.E.

No, next time Ben Davies plays a 'blinder' - I will praise his performance. He hasn't got the ability of a Danny Rose or even an Assou-Ekotto, but if he performs well enough I will praise him. I've always said he's a steady player, probably best suited to being a left sided centre back where he excels for Wales but as a wing back, in a Pochettino team, he does not and will never be good enough as a long term solution.

Again, not sure how that's fickle and if it is, then every one on this forum could be labelled with the exact same word.

Too much like Eriksen to be fair, and in my opinion no where near as good. Can we imagine if we has Zaha (or similar) in that side tonight, a Mahrez? I am not familiar with a lot of European players that sit behind a striker but i don't believe that there isn't one out their that wouldn't mind playing for a top PL side and fancy his hand at CL footie?

Same old, same old, rinsing and repeating isn't working and in fairness may have cost us a title a couple of seasons ago. We offer no surprise element, give teams far too much time to settle their defence when we get the ball to the extent that even Stevie Wonder could spot out next pass.

Good point.... One that has been all but forgetten by most since his time out injured.

BBC:
  • In four London derbies in all competitions under David Moyes, West Ham have managed just three shots on target. However, they've scored two of them, and have lost just once (W1 D2).
  • Son Heung-min has been directly involved in 12 goals in his last nine home games for Tottenham in all competition (seven goals, five assists).
  • Spurs have never lost a Premier League game on a Thursday (P11 W6 D5 L0) - it is the highest number of games played
  • Harry Kane has scored just three goals in his last 10 Premier League London derby matches, failing to find the net on eight occasions in that run.
    by a team on a specific day without defeat in the Premier League era.

But if we had a Zaha in the side tonight - he'd have been knocked off the ball numerous times and we wouldn't have been given any decisions. I also don't see what Zaha would have added that Son didn't. They both like to attack their full backs, yet Son is more productive at doing so.

I do however agree with Mahrez, then again we've been dying out for a player like Mahrez for years. Someone with low centre of gravity, ability to either take on his man or cut inside and provide a moment of magic. It's why I wouldn't be against having Edwards on the bench for games like this. Gotta be better than having 3 central midfielders on the bench!?

No, next time Ben Davies plays a 'blinder' - I will praise his performance. He hasn't got the ability of a Danny Rose or even an Assou-Ekotto, but if he performs well enough I will praise him. I've always said he's a steady player, probably best suited to being a left sided centre back where he excels for Wales but as a wing back, in a Pochettino team, he does not and will never be good enough as a long term solution.

Again, not sure how that's fickle and if it is, then every one on this forum could be labelled with the exact same word.

Assou Ekotto ? Do fuck off

It was fine margins and ifs and buts. Should have won, could have won. Out played them. Its easy to defend/spoil but much hard to create/attack. they dont deserve any credit.

Lets move on . COYS

Not being antagonistic mate, just showing that you're talking shite. I have a feeling you do this a lot, you're very good at it.

Do you think the PL will give us more more points for playing better or having more possession than West Ham? No, of course they won't. All that matters is the result. West Ham played to a game plan, sooner you understand that not every game can be like watching Brazil of the 1970s the better...
This is where we differ.

And again with the condescending tone. “Sooner you understand that”. Do me a favour. I’m well aware of the concept of winning ugly but I’d never want to see us take it to that extent.

You’re just contradicting yourself now. This started with you moaning that the game was boring yet now ur saying not every game can be like watching Brazil. Either ur praising West Ham for having an “anti Brazil” game plan to get a result, which is fine if u admire that, or ur criticising us for making it a boring game for the way we played.

My point was they made it a boring game not us. If they showed any ambition to play us it would have been a more open entertaining game. I don’t really see how ur arguing the toss on that other than digging ur heels in for the sake of it.

Jesus Christ.

Where to start?

After all is said and done there is only 1 factor that stopped us winning that game.

Guillem and his book.
(And maybe the Wembley curse).

So glad West Ham have an Academy of Football.
Absolute joy to watch them play the beautiful game in the style and verve of 1966.

If we played Sissoko as a ball playing CB his first touch would be a decent clearance

#tactics

Just back - nothing much to add to the last few pages except to add my voice to the chorus. I don't like saying it, but I have not got the faintest idea what Poch continues to see in Sissoko. He is terrible on the ball, terrible off the ball, positionally inept and he just keeps on getting worse, week after week. But he does keep picking him..... So a big welcome back for Vic, and hurry up Toby.

Wham were complete shite, Bobby Moore would be ashamed - so fair play to the away fans for actually paying and travelling to watch that crap every week. Sadly though, their chants of "score in the morning" were depressingly apposite.

Back
Top Bottom