Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko didn't have a good game - it was probably his worst performance of the season to be honest. Considering he's probably been a 7/10 this season, his performance today was about a 4/10. Passing was very slow, didn't make any of his runs but his defensive work was once again good.

I just wonder if Poch could turn him into a holding midfielder who simply doesn't move away from the half way line and stays within a triangle of the centre halves. Don't run forward, don't take any more than 2 touches on the ball, simply win it back with strength and pass it to a better player. His defensive work is the best part of his game. Only issue is that he has Dier and Wanyama ahead of him.
Sissoko 7/10 this season, sorry what? He is fucking useless week in week out. Any game he makes a few passes that find a white shirt people have a wank about it and go on about how good he was, when in reality Sissokos 'good' performances are still worse than any other squad members bad ones. The guy is just a waste of a shirt number and needs to be replaced.

7 out of 10 this season I've heard.

Not that any any evidence whatsoever has been provided for this.

7/10 for the season would be someone like Aurier (maybe MotM tonight), Winks, Dele. How on earth anyone can rate Sissoko at this level, without giving any indication of where he shone so bright, or even the one thing he did well, completely escapes me

It's beyond me too. I'm not one to just slam a player, but the Sissoko apologists truly baffle me. He's a shockingly poor player for his supposed talents. Can't control a ball, terrible touch, always plays it sideways never forwards, rarely takes a man on, has missed a series of one-on-one chances this season, etc, etc.

Agree about Aurier. Thought he was decent tonight and needs to play more instead of Tripps now.

Last edited:
BBC call it a "West Ham defensive masterclass"

I'd call it the death of a football team.

_99472088_averagepositions.png

I am being critical so for some that will always translate into either being a troll or an Woolwich supporter. This failing was blatantly obvious to most. I stated 20 minutes before our goals that we should be varying it up, that we should be shooting from distance, that the likes of Son, Kane and Erkisen have the ability to score with this approach. This isn’t rocket science.

We did way too much tippy tally bullshit around the box in central areas looking for passes that just weren't there, Lamela would just have done even more of that. In games like this you to get shots off and quality crosses in. We didn't do enough of that, and neither are things Lamela excels at.

Shooting from range into a packed box is a very low percentage option. Nearly always blocked by the first man. As is putting crosses in to a lone striker, being marked by about 6 players.

DSujnjgX4AAB5tF.jpg

You are relying on mistakes or deflections.

The whole aim of passing the ball about, switching play from wing to wing, playing one twos - is to force oposition players out of position and to lose runners, and some of our best chances came when this happened.

What we failed to do last night, as we have a lot of the time at home against teams that refuse to leave their half, was move the ball quick enough. We need to have the confidence to move the ball quicker without fear of losing possession. Predict runs and movement before they happen, and have the assurance to not need a second touch. When we did catch them on the break the times they did push up we didnt get the ball forward anywhere near quick enough. Son, as our quickest player, had a very average game until his goal.

I also agree that there was probably no need to start two holding midfielders in this fixture. Although in Poch's defense in our previous meetings when they were under Bilic their game plan was to press the shit out of us and stop us from playing the ball with their physicality. So perhaps he was preparing for that and wanted a little bit of muscle in the middle. Still if Poch has seen anything of Moyes's West Ham this year he should have known that they would be more pragmatic than that.

Moyes has got a very average West Ham team with alot of injuries organised and disciplined and before last night they had already beaten Chelsea, drawn with Woolwich and very nearly got a result against City.

As a West Ham fan and football fan I read this and other forums with a sense of humour. Rarely needing to comment if I'm honest. However there are some on here that regardless of the result would never give the opposition any credit whatsoever. Yes you're undoubtedly a better team (currently)and we'd love to have some of your players. Saying that, we had to play to the only strength we've currently got 'some form of organised defence at last'. It's not down to us to come to your gaff and play your expansive football so you can march on through us; it's down to you and your coach to work that one out for yourselves. Free flowing football, we'd love that too and I'm sure in time it'll come when we're eventually sold to a bored 'Arab/Chinese billionaire'. In the meantime enjoy the rest of your season... Apparently we've had our cup final so I suppose it'll be all down hill for us paupers from here on in...
You're right fella, well done for an amazing game, you showed the world what can be achieved, what they witnessed last night has sent shockwaves right the way around the Word, even an unknown team of part-time farmers call Astra Goo Goo are talking about the stunning draw you pulled off, truly phenomenal football, new style emerges from the East End, Moyes is God, Moyes should be knighted for his style of play, a football revolution is happening in the Lea Valley Leisure Palace. I've heard Pep and the gang have asked for private coaching lessons to learn to play this new style of the game that Moyes is inventing. Congratulations, I'm looking forward to the Biography's and the sounds of coaching manuals being ripped up around the world.

Mug.

Oh don't worry fella, we too have loved the last 2.5 years. Trust me you haven'g laughed as much as we did over the same period trust me.... You sound a little bit bitter though, can't think why that would be, not unless you blame us for totally fucking up your season on a regular basis!
You didn't/haven't fucked up our season though.

We dropped 2 points last night, how does that translate to your claim? We've taken 4 points from you this season, you've picked up 1 against us. Now maths might not be my strong point but given your current situation 2 points off the relegation zone I think we've got a stronger claim to absolutely stuffing your chances of staying up.

If we had beaten you last year we still wouldn't have won the league, so tell me how you fucked up our season, I'm missing something clearly and can't wait for you to educate me on what I'm missing.

Oh, let's also just throw into the mix Bilic, the hopeless twat that has given us much entertainment during his time Managing you lot, were it not for his and your best performance all year he would have been sacked, but seeing as he gave you a win, the only thing that matters more than staying up it seems, he kept his job. Think of it this way, WE DID THAT. We are the reason you didn't fire him, we are the reason why you are still odds on to go down, damage already done.

Last edited:
Davies our worst player? Are you mad? He is probably our most consistent full back now that Walker is gone - Rose still has to prove himself back from his long time out, Aurier has shown very good moments but also very bad moments, Trippier is not good enough defensively but can put in a good offensive performance when given the space to play.

Davies on the other hand is always one of our best defensive players, very rarely gets beaten for pace which is a miracle for a bloke who isn't exactly lightning. Puts in last ditch tackles and covers CBs excellently. Going forward he is aware of his limitations and doesn't push himself to try and take people on down the outside so plays to his strengths and does inside overlaps where he influences the game and lets Son take an outside position to get one on ones. His crossing against WHam wasn't one of his best nights but he is actually very technically sound and can hit a good delivery - not to mention he gets into the box more and has more shots on goal than any of our other full backs.

Davies doesn't get his due because he isn't a fashionable player that produces the spectacular and the media don't put his name up in lights , the fanboys just struggle to relate to him. Took years for a lot of people to realise how great a player Dennis Irwin was for similar reasons.

We're all shitting it because some crap team beat us in the Carabou.
We haven't forgotten that, we are on a role, and we are going to put the cunts back in the relegation zone where they belong.

I'm not even bothered, let them "turn up".....they're fucking shit

Just read the Spurs v WHU rivalry thread on KUMB. Most amusing.

Some of them have gone to extremely long lengths to explain we how we are not a rival they just hate us.

How we have never won anything (coming from a WHU fan - just LULZ). We are not part of the elite (possibly but we have at least averaged 4.25 place over the last decade) and they are the same size as us (honestly I read it!).
How Levy is just bring small minded making the new place 61k.
One of them even said Glenn Hoddle is the most over rated player ever. And there was me thinking they were the academy of football.
They are all having a wonderful love in about Woolwich and Chelsea because they all hate Spurs.
What was it Groucho Marx said? I wouldn't want to be part of a club that would have me as a member?

KUMB - the gift that keeps on giving. Have a read if you need a laugh.

That's the problem with West Ham, they would rather lose a game than Spurs win a game. They would take relegation over us winning the title.

A proper sad fanbase with nothing left to love, so they wallow in hate and envy

All that coming from a club that have a stand in their rented stadium called the 1966 stand! Claiming a title they didn’t win in a stadium they don’t even own! They are such a tin pot, nothing Club.
Obviously named after one of their finest seasons, where they came 12th and lost to West Bromwich in the league cup final.
Their young fans wistfully send in their crayon drawings of the first team squad photo and wish they could have been around in those halcyon days.

Something about Sissoko "getting forward" or his "engine".

Useless in defence, midfield and attack. Cant pass, can't control the ball, can't make space for himself, can't shoot, can't tackle, can't see the wider game, can't hold the ball up, can't beat a man.

Can't.

But he gets forward. Sometimes. Sort of.

Honestly don’t think we were that bad. West Ham... that was the most pathetic, negative, boring, shower of shit, disgraceful, terrible load of bollocks I have ever seen. Embarrassment to football.

Still only 3 points off top four.. keep the faith!

Back
Top Bottom