Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

7 out of 10 this season I've heard.

Not that any any evidence whatsoever has been provided for this.

7/10 for the season would be someone like Aurier (maybe MotM tonight), Winks, Dele. How on earth anyone can rate Sissoko at this level, without giving any indication of where he shone so bright, or even the one thing he did well, completely escapes me

It's beyond me too. I'm not one to just slam a player, but the Sissoko apologists truly baffle me. He's a shockingly poor player for his supposed talents. Can't control a ball, terrible touch, always plays it sideways never forwards, rarely takes a man on, has missed a series of one-on-one chances this season, etc, etc.

Agree about Aurier. Thought he was decent tonight and needs to play more instead of Tripps now.

Last edited:
Lol you are joking. Dembele struggled with fitness but with one leg is still better then sissoko. Making 2 yard passes successfully may be great for statto but is fuck all use to us.
He has 2 goals and 2 assists this season.

Dier, Winks, Dembele and Wanyama have 1 assist between them.

Stats aren't the be all and end all - but he's been a lot more productive than those players this season. That doesn't mean he's a better footballer than them - but it wouldn't surprise me that's why Pochettino (yes, our manager) has trusted Sissoko over the likes of Winks and Dembele at times in central midfield as well as bringing him on in games over some other players.

Average back up has cost us a few points to be honest.

I always hear how so and so isn't good enough for Spurs or for a team competing at the top. Davies and Trippier are simply not good enough for consistently start for a team aiming to compete with a manager who's made a name for himself by using powerful attacking wing backs.

Aurier is finally showing us what we've been missing. He was great tonight. Solid defensively. Powerful running forward. Some decent crosses (also some poor ones) but most importantly, PROVIDED WIDTH.

And aggression going forward not turning around and passing backwards like Davies

Will improve under Poch too

2 points dropped.

Nothing you could do about Obiangs goal, he could try that again 100 times and not score it.

Changes should have been made earlier, Sissoko should never have started. Son frustrating but a good goal, Davies had a poor game.

Must get into a pacey winger in January for games like this.

What can a pacey winger do about winger do in matches where clubs come to sit deep in their own territory and defend like dull cunts? Speed does fuck all if there's no space to run - in that match Zaha would be in row Q before he got beyond a marker.

This obsession with pace and idea that it's a cure all for our ailments is ridiculous. You need technically proficient players for matches like that - we need Lamela at his best or another of his ilk. Even with just Eriksen as a technical creator we managed nearly[edit: over] 30 shots. We simply need to be more ruthless in finishing chances - too many poor efforts made it simpler for them, and even still we were unlucky to draw.

It's tactics that hurt us today. Dier should have been pulled for Lamela on 60 minutes when it was clear they intended to do fuck all in attack.

And aggression going forward not turning around and passing backwards like Davies

Will improve under Poch too

Imagine Aurier with a full pre-season under Pochettino? I cannot wait.

Love the fact that Aurier isn't afraid to beat his man, sometimes it doesn't come off but he never gives up with it. Absolutely sick of full backs passing backwards or even being clever and trying quick one two's to beat a man. Aurier does this incredibly well.

There was a moment in the first half where Aurier was in the opposing penalty area following a long ball from our CENTRE HALF - we've missed that.

The reality is, we're only 6 points behind United in 2nd. Disappointing not to win, but we've got plenty of games left to play, and we've been at our best in this early New Year period for the last two seasons.

And they have to come to us

Plenty to play for

One of the Melts said earlier season over

:pochunimpressed:

Oh pls fuck off.... Not in the mood for your "I know better" shit tonight...

"Every week"....?

10/12 points this xmas.

We win more often than not since Poch arrived...

Take the rough with the smooth or go and suckle up to your sweatheart, Pep you cunt!

Not wanting to get into a pissing match here with anyone, but we don't win enough when we absolutely need to, tonight was one of those "need to" wins i'm afraid.

10/12 points is all very good and well, but we weren't playing anyone of any significance now were we? I mean how many points did you seriously expect 6? Saints, Burnley, Swansea and West Ham are hardly stiff tests of the quality we have in this team.

He has 2 goals and 2 assists this season.

Dier, Winks, Dembele and Wanyama have 1 assist between them.

Stats aren't the be all and end all - but he's been a lot more productive than those players this season. That doesn't mean he's a better footballer than them - but it wouldn't surprise me that's why Pochettino (yes, our manager) has trusted Sissoko over the likes of Winks and Dembele at times in central midfield as well as bringing him on in games over some other players.
How has he been more productive and dont tell me he has a high pass completion rate or some bollocks, because every single pass he makes is backwards and not even to the feet of our centre backs

Imagine Aurier with a full pre-season under Pochettino? I cannot wait.

Love the fact that Aurier isn't afraid to beat his man, sometimes it doesn't come off but he never gives up with it. Absolutely sick of full backs passing backwards or even being clever and trying quick one two's to beat a man. Aurier does this incredibly well.

There was a moment in the first half where Aurier was in the opposing penalty area following a long ball from our CENTRE HALF - we've missed that.

A fit Rose provides the same

How has he been more productive and dont tell me he has a high pass completion rate or some bollocks, because every single pass he makes is backwards and not even to the feet of our centre backs

By scoring and assisting more than every other single player who has played in his position this season. I'd say that was pretty productive.

Pass completion means nothing to me. He had a higher pass completion than Eriksen and Dele Alli this evening and passes backwards/sideways no more or less than Winks and Dembele do.

If we've been playing Sissoko most the season to recoup just 10m of the 30m I'll accept it. If I managed in th Championship I wouldn't offer 500k for him.

On one of their rare attacks he was the last man in defence who broke it up fortunately for us
File under "He gets forward"

See also "Electrician wiring plug correctly", "Photographer taking photo in focus" or "Translator choosing correct word"

These last two are my areas, I've been known to be Sissoko-esque

:lamelaaghh:

A fit Rose provides the same

He does indeed.

You lose so much when one of them is missing.

That's why I'm such a big advocate for the signing of Sessegnon and wanting to give Walker-Peters a go. KWP has completed more take-ons this season in the Premier League than Trippier (He has played 1 game), do you know how embarrassing that is!?

I'm not sure you know the difference between being fickle and criticising a performance.

"Its the same every week".

....Your words i believe.

10/12 points.

:dembelefingers:

p.s. Let me know when you've finally decided whether Davies is shit or better than Rose.

FM, wannabe-analyst twat.

We’re missing Walker and a fit Rose

Especially in a game like tonight’s
Disagree completely there mate. Aurier played well but for some unknown reason Sissoko was taking up LW and overlapping Aurier rather than vice versa. I try not to criticise Sissoko too much but I have no idea what position he was trying to play tonight.

Take him out of the way and Aurier would have had a good game imo.

Back
Top Bottom