Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought hood made a really valid point. We all know how certain teams will play at Wembley so is there honestly not a plan for this? Think 2 defensive mids was too much tbh...

I am being critical so for some that will always translate into either being a troll or an Woolwich supporter. This failing was blatantly obvious to most. I stated 20 minutes before our goals that we should be varying it up, that we should be shooting from distance, that the likes of Son, Kane and Erkisen have the ability to score with this approach. This isn’t rocket science.

I nearly laughed when Alan Smith proclaimed West Spam scoring was good for the neutral, good for the neutral, he stressed again.
Ofc Alan Smith is a neutral who Sky have on virtually every Spurs game, and he probably says the same thing in his tiny brain every game if the opponents of Spurs take the lead.
That and Dean's refusal to award Spurs a penalty are the main reasons to be displeased about.
BTW, I knew first shot on target Lloris would let it in before it happened.

that must be your attempt at irony
Sissoko was utterly dreadful in that game, you could fill a training manual with the things he did wrong and how to learn from them.

so please feel free to wedge your advice, with its pathetic ageist crap, wherever causes you the most discomfort
I posted earlier that Poch has worked wonders getting what he has out of this squad...
You replied with 3 words. Just Fuck off
You may be getting on in years, I really couldnt care. But you post like a spoilt 12 year old sometimes

I nearly laughed when Alan Smith proclaimed West Spam scoring was good for the neutral, good for the neutral, he stressed again.
Ofc Alan Smith is a neutral who Sky have on virtually every Spurs game, and he probably says the same thing in his tiny brain every game if the opponents of Spurs take the lead.
That and Dean's refusal to award Spurs a penalty are the main reasons to be displeased about.
BTW, I knew first shot on target Lloris would let it in before it happened.

Can't stand Alan Smith and he's always on sky FFS!

Waste a sub in the 20th minute? Nah

I agree perhaps at the start of the second half we put Winks on but 20th minute no way.

I never said make a sub on the 20th minute - I just said it was clear by the 20th minute that things weren't working, so a half time change wouldn't have been a bad move.

It’s not draw that grates, it’s our predictability and hesitancy to change. Poch really needs to raise his game with this.

I think that point is very true indeed. To keep sending out Dele, Son and Eriksen week in week out irrespective of the opposition clearly shows most teams what they are about to face. Too predictable, one dimensional and very much rinse and repeat.

Two DM's against teams like West Ham who predominantly play defensive,

Though he won't possibly figure this season i'd get Barkley in and go all in on Zaha or Mahrwz if not then be prepared for the worse come season end.

Winks is more a water carrier, no?

Sissoko would be just a ball winning midfielder.
Winks could be an excellent water carrier. But I’d like to see him play further up the park until his legs start to go and then he can drop back. Winks should be in front of the water carrier and in a central midfield role that allows him to go forward as the plays does

I posted earlier that Poch has worked wonders getting what he has out of this squad...
You replied with 3 words. Just Fuck off
You may be getting on in years, I really couldnt care. But you post like a spoilt 12 year old sometimes
you post like a brain damaged 12 year old permanently.
Your post was not a eulogy to Poch, it was yet another condemnation of the team/club
Think yourself lucky I restrained myself

Ahhh I though that was the exact reason Sissoko was shit.....guess it's ok for Dier though
Sissoko has been shit since he arrived here and shows no sign of improvement, every time he gets the ball he takes 5 seconds to get it under control allowing the opposing side to get into position, when he does pass its usually behind his man, slowing the game down even more. Yeah it is ok for dier because he's been quality for 3 seasons I can forgive a few misplaced passes in the first half.

I never said make a sub on the 20th minute - I just said it was clear by the 20th minute that things weren't working, so a half time change wouldn't have been a bad move.

Is it a waste if it is based on what's going on on the pitch. Some managers would make the change.

I hate this fixture. Never too confident of it. Even less so considering the schedule and squad state.
and after about 20 mins feared where it was heading. Like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.
I honestly thought they just talked thier way through the door and robbed us whilst we weren’t looking. Thought it’d be over before we realised the laptop wasn’t there.
We obviously are a bit leggy and the concentration dropped.
Yet you have to give them all credit. They tried. Especially Lamela and Son. Maybe we should think of shooting from distance more often in these type of games and train for it.
Maybe we do, but it doesn’t look like it.
Kane is obviously still recovering. Such is our depth we can’t afford to let him have a week off.

In a nutshell a point isn’t so bad. We deserved 3 but that’s not how it works.
They had exactly the same schedule as us over this period, but I think the trip to Swansea, the conditions and heavy pitch took its toll slightly more. Not only in the body but mentally.
We lacked a bit of spark sometimes and like a demon succubus they sucked the life from us, sent us to sleep and then raped us.
The FA cup is a problem, going to be a physical game. We have a week to recover from it but tired players tend to pick up injuries so it's intersting to see how he goes.

Onwards an upwards
We can still go level on points with Liverpool and hope the v City.
Hopefully go above them on GD.

Winks could be an excellent water carrier. But I’d like to see him play further up the park until his legs start to go and then he can drop back. Winks should be in front of the water carrier and in a central midfield role that allows him to go forward as the plays does

I don't think he's creative enough to be further forward to be honest - people always said he was an Iniesta or a Xavi but I only ever see comparisons to Busquets in his game. Not creative enough to be a Xavi or Iniesta but equally important due to his ability to read the game and taking opponents out with passing

Back
Top Bottom