Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | 6 Nov 2022 | KO 16:30 | Second Half Match Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay maybe I was being a bit aggressive. So apologies for that,

But it didnt include both the goals from yesterday, it only counts the header he fucked up as an error. When he went to no mans land for the first goal, the stat doesnt count that as an error.

So its stupid to say , hes only made 7 mistakes in his career. It just 7 really really really bad mistakes where he gave the ball direct to the opposition that lead to goals that are picked by that stat.

The other times where he fucks up with his poor defending and ends up on the floor, stands lazily with his arm up and lets people through, or misses a header, or loses the player hes supposed to be marking etc are not counted in that stat.

It did include the header though. And however valid the stat is (I hate assist stats for the same reason) it's surprised many people (talking to others away from here) when I've mentioned it.

EVERY player makes mistakes in EVERY game. And *almost every goal scored can be traced to what is deemed a mistake, for instance, why was Kane or Perisc not standing on Alisson when he hoofed it to Salah? (Harsh, but had one of them done this that ball might not have been played as accurately).

I could go through the entire team yesterday (not really going to) and I bet I could spot at least 4 mistakes per player (both sides).

(One of the worst culprits in our defence is Romero, but his game is all about playing in the face of the oppo, he over-commits and/or gets drawn out of position probably at least a couple of times a game but even doing this there is a positive aspect he brings to our game state (aggressive in our defensive third). Dier tends to do a lot of his mopping up, I believe this is the trade-off and part of the accepted risk and it's part of the partnership) but however you choose to analyse Romero's game it is littered with mistakes every single game some of them more recently have led to goals against us.

Dier's mistake yesterday was horrendous and arguably cost us the game but he's genuinely not the issue that he's made out to be, just the go-to fall guy, he was bloody good in the second half and became our creative outlet for large positions of it (just as he was in the same role against Bournemouth).

Actually I know why we dont press and its contes game plan. The same fn game plan he has played for fn years.. No pressure on the ball, dms in tight to 3 ch no space in between the lines and hit on the break.

Our back 5, for that is what it is when we don't have the ball is not that slow, it's maybe not the fastest but it should be able to position itself correctly.

Everytime we lose the fucking ball Conte has us retreat into his defensive formation, while other teams try to win it back up the park we surrender territory and procession in a 1980s Italian style... . Today when contes plan failed again we had to head over the halfway line and press and badabing badaboom we took control of the midfield.... Still next game it will be the same old shit again....
There's a word for this style :

Contenaccio

Please give Conte what he wants. He has something here.
No he needs to changevtemhe tactics first and approach in ganes. No cowardice approach. With the players we have we have proved we can attack and play some level of intensity of an ave PL side. We play like we are Qatar summer time.
More players isn’t a guarantee he would change tactics. We can all see how w play and of course he can. However persist with it until his hand is forced and I guess the players also put in that extra bit of effort like winning 2nd balls. There is just no reason to keep play sess and royal when they can’t cross. In fact dier was better out wide early 2nd half as he can cross better than royal. At first I thought it may have been a tactical switch as we improved no end down the right. However they switched back.
Finally do we attack in spite of conte or is it his forced to do it against his will bcos we are 2 down?

Did Graeme Souness get charged 80 odd quid to watch that shite yesterday?

Does Graeme Souness get hounded every summer by a football club trying to shift them an ST at 1.5k for 19 games of football?

Does Graeme Souness get charged over hundred quid to put his kid in a replica kit?

When you as a club willingly refer to to fans as 'customers', do not be surprised when those same 'customers' express dissatisfaction at your sub-standard product. The football is absolute shite, has been all season, will continue to be after the World Cup, and I respect anybody's right to let that shower of shit know how they feel, whether that be half time, full time, whenever they like.....
19 games?

Not quite. More like 19 halves of games.

Going be writing a letter to Mr Levy asking for 50% of my money back.

Absolute nonsense.

Support the team instead of getting on their backs. Please tell me what good booing does? Please.
Booing can be a wake-up call for a player and if I was the manager I'd definitely use it during my half time team talk, to get more out of the players. Nobody likes being booed, so it can be motivational.

Leaving that aside, what are you, The Boo Police?

We've lost to Utd/Arse away, and Newcastle/Liverpool at home...
Those are games we need to win (or at least not lose) if we have TRUE top 4 aspirations.

Even our last minute draw at Chelsea was put into stark perspective after the Arse's win there!!!!

It got Nuno the sack and Conte in.

Most of this board and the fan base would say that was a positive repercussion.

Do you not think it makes more sense to specifically chant "Nuno-OUT" or "Levy-OUT" depending on the sentiment rather than just engage in generic booing which can serve to disrupt others that aren't your intended target???

Andy Goldstein:

"As good as Liverpool were; Spurs weren't at the races and there was booing at the final whistle...... Now there's question marks over Conte's future"

a) Liverpool were shit for the most part.
b) We were decent and at least worth a point on the balance of play.
c) Booing at HT, but I didn't notice significant discontent at the end?
d) Question marks according to who? .......TS shit-stirrers perhaps?

Do you not think it makes more sense to specifically chant "Nuno-OUT" or "Levy-OUT" depending on the sentiment rather than just engage in generic booing which can serve to disrupt others that aren't your intended target???
That's the nature of booing. Its broad spectrum. You could go into the psychology of it all I would find that interesting, whether booing or chanting is more effective means of communicating a message. Part of the reason I think fans boo is exactly because it's broad spectrum. They can hide behind, they can say I was booing the players, or the staff or the manager, or the referee or the other team's players.

I don't think when fans boo they really have an intended target. They are just expressing their disgruntled feelings. As someone else said its an emotive response in the heat of the moment.

I wonder if people would boo as much of we were paying the same price as the away fans (£30). I don't think so. I was at the United away game. If ever a performance deserved a boo then that was it.

But not a pip squeak from the travelling lot. Most of just pissed off after the final whistle. I normally stay behind and none of the players really bothered to come over and clap the away support. Same happened at Lisbon away. Both ended in losses and so everyone is disappointed but I think the booing is dependent on the circumstances.

Home fans at most stadiums boo more than away, partly because expectations are different but I can see why people boo.
If you think of fans as paying customers then they will boo if the product they pay for is not up to standard. This now goes back to the whole point of elite football being a commodity rather than what it was many years ago which is Sport.

Can’t say I was happy, but pleased after that 2nd half. Even though we lost, we played good, we saw urgency and enegry. That made me feel positice and if I can say more positive than after some winning performances.

At the moment, I don’t think we have the ability to beat any Top 7/8 side. Certainly not away from home and not likely at the Lane either.

I think we’re one dimensional and have been found out. UTD demonstrated what you need to do. Press and we crumble.

I think we’ll pick up points against the minnows but likely finish around 6th or 7th.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Andy Goldstein:

"As good as Liverpool were; Spurs weren't at the races and there was booing at the final whistle...... Now there's question marks over Conte's future"

a) Liverpool were shit for the most part.
b) We were decent and at least worth a point on the balance of play.
c) Booing at HT, but I didn't notice significant discontent at the end?
d) Question marks according to who? .......TS shit-stirrers perhaps?

Only boos second half where at Royal

The shit stirring has started already Sky last night where a joke with it saying we where boring and fans don't like the style

We scored the most goals over a 12 month period

Styles been poor 3 months now also coinciding with the huge injury lost to the forward line and Sons AWOL form.

I'm not concerned about style or Conte the only thing that gets me is the constant picking off certain individuals who clearly ain't up to snuff and the refusal to use Spence and Gill

That wasn't the point at all. The point is we're predictably shit, as much as you and others don't want to admit it.

Chelsea have a new coach and new ownership, what's our excuse having had such a world class summer and Conte having been settled at the club?
Your trying to tell a fella, who dismissed Woolwich earlier on, even though a few of us said they looked good.
Instead we got told that we would finish above them, yet they are almost 10/11 points clear of us. They have also got results against rivals, something that we are incapable of achieving.
We laugh at the gooners, but they are going to have the last laugh as usual at our expense.
Most of the pundits all know how shit we are, and will fuck up sooner rather than later.
Tottenham are the laughing stock of English football, and the owners have ensured that legacy is long lasting.

At the moment, I don’t think we have the ability to beat any Top 7/8 side. Certainly not away from home and not likely at the Lane either.

I think we’re one dimensional and have been found out. UTD demonstrated what you need to do. Press and we crumble.

I think we’ll pick up points against the minnows but likely finish around 6th or 7th.

Happy to be proved wrong.

We're a low risk side with players who don't have the concentration to do it. And now we don't have an in form, lethal Son scoring every half chance we get to put us up in games. And this is the result of that.

We were able to do it over a short period last season but Davies, Dier etc were never keeping up that level long term.

We are lacking confidence and aside from a constantly good Hjojberg and Bentancur and mostly good Kane and Perisic we are not hitting the individual heights.

Bissouma beginning to bloom which is a positive. Others aren't where they can be.

We can dissect until the cows come home but our squad is easily in the top 5 best and we sit 4th.

Add 2 players in January and find higher consistency and I think we would be fine.

And despite all that, yesterday we should have avoided defeat.

We need to beat Leeds though and preferably Forrest as well.

Last edited:
Your trying to tell a fella, who dismissed Woolwich earlier on, even though a few of us said they looked good.
Instead we got told that we would finish above them, yet they are almost 10/11 points clear of us. They have also got results against rivals, something that we are incapable of achieving.
We laugh at the gooners, but they are going to have the last laugh as usual at our expense.
Most of the pundits all know how shit we are, and will fuck up sooner rather than later.
Tottenham are the laughing stock of English football, and the owners have ensured that legacy is long lasting.
Now this here this is an overreaction. Plot fully lost...

Back
Top Bottom