Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | 6 Nov 2022 | KO 16:30 | Second Half Match Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walking wounded XI....

Lloris
Doherty - Romero? Dier - Davies -Perisic
Bentancur? Hoijberg?
Son?
Kulu/Richi? mighthavetobeMoura
Kane

Son doesn't look good. Hopefully just concussion - if it had been a cracked eye socket or something like that, I think he'd be under doctor's care shortly after coming off.

Sadly not sure he'll make either half for Liverpool.

Question will be are Richarlison and/or Kulusevski fit enough ?

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Doherty --------------- Perisic
Biss
Hojberg -- Skipp
Lucas -- Kane
Not sure why the hell Sess started at RWB - I assume Doc wasn't fully fit?

Hopefully he is for Sunday but I have a worrying feeling it will be Emerson after his decent cameo.

Sunday 16.30 gives us a welcome almost 5 days (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday plus 16 hours on Sunday and maybe 2 hours tonight) recovery time.

Despite a tough match tonight, I think those that played tonight (other than Son) should be ok for Sunday, although a few players (such as Hojbjerg with bleeding elbows) might need a bit of patching up, Just hope Bentancur came off before his hamstring went.

Just a word on Bentancur and Hojbjerg, it seems to me that both have been playing a little further forward in a few recent games, and they've threatened the opposition goal.

As we seem to be short of forwards, I think we need to get Skipp playing as the deep lying DM/play maker with the other two slightly further forward and supporting whichever two forwards are fit, and I think we have the basis of a team.

Assuming Son & Bentancur are missing.....
Hugo
Rom / Dier / Davies
Doh ------ Skipp------Sess
Biss------PEH
Kane / Perisic

As ropey as the scousers have been, if we play in the first half like we did against Marseille, chances are they will be home and hosed. We can’t keep being so passive game after game until we fall behind. The better teams don’t give up leads so easily.

We know how we are going to start this game so based on that I'd go with 3 forwards and 2 defensive wing backs.

Hugo
Emerson dier lenglet Sanchez Davies
Hojbjerg Bentancur
Lucas kane Perisic

As ropey as the scousers have been, if we play in the first half like we did against Marseille, chances are they will be home and hosed. We can’t keep being so passive game after game until we fall behind. The better teams don’t give up leads so easily.

It's compelling.... Liverpool are the co-kings of giving away first half leads atm too.

IMO, the biggest thing we've been missing this season is confidence and the general improvement in quality that goes with it.

Hopefully the last couple of games will play a part in getting us flowing again.

After the ending against OM who knows how this Jekyll and Hyde team will play against Liverpool

but damn it I'm in
Meme Dis Gonna B Gud GIF

COYS

After the ending against OM who knows how this Jekyll and Hyde team will play against Liverpool

but damn it I'm in
Meme Dis Gonna B Gud GIF

COYS
Can't agree with this sentiment, happy as I am with the win last night it did nothing to excite me for the weekend.

We were beyond dreadful first half, even worse than other games of late which I didn't think was possible. Then in the second with the way Marseille were pushing on we should've been able to pick them off with relative ease much earlier, the last kick of the game again masking a deeply flawed performance.

If we play as badly at the weekend we will get a right twatting and make Liverpool look like the team they were 2 years ago.

Dreading it.

If we went for their jugular, we'd kill them.

However, it's more likely that this ends up being Liverpools best performance of the season.

After the game last night I paid a visit to the Fountain Of Hope, for another drink.

giphy.gif

It was only a partial success.

If we continue our pattern of only playing in the second half, think I'll stay in the Shelf Bar until then!
Worried about our growing injury list, and also how the players going to the World Cup are going to play. I'll wait and see what the team is before making any comment on formation/tactics............ as if! ;)

Can't agree with this sentiment, happy as I am with the win last night it did nothing to excite me for the weekend.

We were beyond dreadful first half, even worse than other games of late which I didn't think was possible. Then in the second with the way Marseille were pushing on we should've been able to pick them off with relative ease much earlier, the last kick of the game again masking a deeply flawed performance.

If we play as badly at the weekend we will get a right twatting and make Liverpool look like the team they were 2 years ago.

Dreading it.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

Back
Top Bottom