Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | 6 Nov 2022 | KO 16:30 | Second Half Match Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't exciting football. We were ok. We were mostly reactive to what the opponent's were doing (we're still dreadful in possession and can't create to save our lives, so reliant on transitions and not on any kind of clever, combination play or unlocking defences) but at least in those games we tried to keep the football a bit.

But yes, the fact we keep playing this reactive football requiring little to no mistakes with players making big mistakes regularly is very silly, you're right. Conte should do something about that, like not play Emerson Royal.

I haven't said we didn't deserve more vs Liverpool so why would I mention it? They were crap, we were a bit above our usual standards but still meh. Two not very good teams this season clashed and we were slightly better as the home side but still lost because we have clowns in the team. Big woop.

"Reactive football" isn't a "fact" of those 2 games..... It's just you using an oversized brush and an excessive amount of tar.

"Excitement", "Big Woop" and strawman.....

Mate, if that's all this is gonna whittle such a discussion down to; then I guess were done here.

To repeat a comment from my last post......

"The point here wasn't to herald a wonderful [see "exciting"] performance."

What ex professional referees said it wasn't a red card?

It was a controversial decision. It certainly wasn't 'oh nobody but gooners thought it was a red' though, was it? Because people on here did, ex refs did, pundits did. Every pundit I saw talk about it at the time (Jenas, Fletcher, Keown) thought it was a crazy tackle and a red. But of course Conte still plays this useless, shit player for some reason.

Oh and Peter Walton also thought it was a red. So that's two ex-refs, the ref at the time and the VAR officials .. but only gooners right? Those white tinted glasses are class.

Walton said: “I don’t think Tottenham or Emerson Royal will have any complaints about this tackle at all. The challenge completely out of context, the actual challenge itself going down the side of the shin - with force - and that’s the main thing.

"Force equals a sending-off offence. It was serious foul play, Anthony Taylor took his time because I don’t think he realised what happened straight in front of him, he’s looked at it and it’s a red card offence."
Jesus fucking christ.

I don't actually give a fuck mate because it's way, way off-topic. In fact, it was never part of the topic.

What has this got to do with how Conte has us playing? Nothing.

Don't worry. Look who the new owner might be.....

Former UFC champion Conor McGregor says he has requested information about buying Liverpool. (Mail
NINTCHDBPICT000685184506.jpg

Wearing his Man U shirt.

Back
Top Bottom