Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | 6 Nov 2022 | KO 16:30 | Second Half Match Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're potentially down to proper bare bones for this. Bentancur and Hojbjerg were fucked come the final whistle, Son won't be available if it was a concussion, and I don't think we'll see Romero, Deki or Richarlison this side of the World Cup.

No Lucas please. Would rather move Perisic forward.
He’s so bad at football. Rarely looks in control of the ball and his simple passes are always rushed and rarely perfect. The basics simply aren’t there, I don’t want no footballers like this div, plus Royal, Sanchez anywhere near our squad. Much rather have an academy player that’s perhaps less athletic that can augment our world class players with basic ability as opposed to haphazard unpredictability

No Lucas please. Would rather move Perisic forward.
I'm all for giving Bryan Gil a start alongside Kane. He couldn't do any worse than Moura and maybe Kane will score the next penalty he wins for us.

Emerson and Perisic for the wing-back slots and a 3 man midfield with Skipp instead of Bissouma. IMO Skipp should be ahead of Bissouma now because he does more to impose himself on the game.

I'll let Conte decide the back three.

I was sure that Gil would not start in crutial game yesterday.

But now, it is not like we have many alternatives....
So let's pull the wild card against Pool!

---------Lloris---------
--Dier--Lenglet-Davies-
Doherty--------Perisic--
-----Skippy-Bissouma---
----------PEH-----------
-------Kane---Gil--------

Would be a real experiment.
If Gil not trusted, then please Perisic, I would not like to see Moura there.

Sessegnon will shit the bed against Liverpool. TAA will be happy coming up against him. He offers nothing defensively and less going forward. ( I know he scored at Bournemouth),
Royal is shit going forward but can defend ( as long as Sanchez isn’t next to him) and is not afraid of putting his body on the line. How many 50/50 has sessegnon lost . Nope not for me.

Sessegnon will shit the bed against Liverpool. TAA will be happy coming up against him. He offers nothing defensively and less going forward. ( I know he scored at Bournemouth),
Royal is shit going forward but can defend ( as long as Sanchez isn’t next to him) and is not afraid of putting his body on the line. How many 50/50 has sessegnon lost . Nope not for me.
He actually played well in the match at Anfield at the end of last season. I was very apprehensive about him playing at the time and he proved me wrong.

I would still prefer Emerson and Perisic for Sunday's game, though.

For all of his shortcomings, Sess was man of the match both times we played Liverpool last season. He completely nullified Salah. He should be given the chance on this one. Perisic won't be able to keep up with their wingers.

We're potentially down to proper bare bones for this. Bentancur and Hojbjerg were fucked come the final whistle, Son won't be available if it was a concussion, and I don't think we'll see Romero, Deki or Richarlison this side of the World Cup.

For once we have a clear 3 days.

The players just need to rest and then we will see.

Get 4 points and at worst 3 from our last 2 games and get past Forest and it's got to be considered Happy Days.

Ehhhhhhhh......

We know how we are going to start this game so based on that I'd go with 3 forwards and 2 defensive wing backs.

Hugo
Emerson dier lenglet Sanchez Davies
Hojbjerg Bentancur
Lucas kane Perisic
That back 5 makes me want to vomit. No thanks…..

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

The Office Reaction GIF

I’ve decided to be a good boy for this one and not moan about the inevitable dire first half.

We’re a second half team it seems, which is very annoying & frustrating but hey .. it gets some wins.

Son doesn't look good. Hopefully just concussion - if it had been a cracked eye socket or something like that, I think he'd be under doctor's care shortly after coming off.

Sadly not sure he'll make either half for Liverpool.

Question will be are Richarlison and/or Kulusevski fit enough ?

Could still be a cracked orbital bone. But like with most injuries they have to wait until the swelling goes down to make a analysis unless it is super obvious.

Even then, the league concussion protocol demands that he takes at minimum six days off. So he won't play in this one.

That back 5 makes me want to vomit. No thanks…..
It's practically all we have anyway. Only one of those players probably doesn't play and that's sanchez the rest will be starting. I don't fancy perisic vs salah and think a more defensive approach there in Davies and perisic with his quality up front is the best way to go imo.

Back
Top Bottom