Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | 6 Nov 2022 | KO 16:30 | Second Half Match Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably the best we've played all season, just didn't get the rub of the green. Bissouma was outstanding.
Definitely deserved something out of that, Scousers were playing like Newcastle the second half. Bet we don't get any credit for that performance though.
Newcastle scored 4 today...be afraid....be very afraid.....

So much negativity surrounding Spurs tactics. Pundits, fans basically everyone, its driving me mad!

Did you watch the second half? Wasn't it exciting football to watch during the second half? The way we controlled the play, now imagine that but with better players! A new LWB and RWB. I thought we played extremely well considering our injuries and lack of squad depth.

My prediction: we'll make top 4 this season and start playing more consistently like we did in the second half vs Liverpool. Some people need to start seeing all the positives surrounding this club.

So much negativity surrounding Spurs tactics. Pundits, fans basically everyone, its driving me mad!

Did you watch the second half? Wasn't it exciting football to watch during the second half? The way we controlled the play, now imagine that but with better players! A new LWB and RWB. I thought we played extremely well considering our injuries and lack of squad depth.

My prediction: we'll make top 4 this season and start playing more consistently like we did in the second half vs Liverpool. Some people need to start seeing all the positives surrounding this club.

It’s really not hard to control the play or play attacking football when you’re 2-0 down at home against an out of form team who ended up simply trying to protect their lead.

We were 2-0 down mate, as we have been for the past few games.
There is nothing positive about the shit state of the team and or it's set up.
Liverpool took their foot of as it was all a bit too easy against a team that shows very little until it's too late.

Should've won that, second half was among the best of the season. Hit the post at least twice, referee refusing to give us anything.
Bissouma was great.

Urgently need two CB upgrades, a new RWB and a creative midfielder. Tired of Dier's routine 1 mistake per match.
Dier has made just 7 mistakes across 9 seasons that have led to a goal.

The rest of your post I agree with.

Did Graeme Souness get charged 80 odd quid to watch that shite yesterday?

Does Graeme Souness get hounded every summer by a football club trying to shift them an ST at 1.5k for 19 games of football?

Does Graeme Souness get charged over hundred quid to put his kid in a replica kit?

When you as a club willingly refer to to fans as 'customers', do not be surprised when those same 'customers' express dissatisfaction at your sub-standard product. The football is absolute shite, has been all season, will continue to be after the World Cup, and I respect anybody's right to let that shower of shit know how they feel, whether that be half time, full time, whenever they like.....

It’s the fourth league game in a row we’ve found ourselves 2-0 down and it’s largely been down to the zombie like, low energy, not wanting the ball style of play, Conte favours. 2-0 down to top sides like Man U, Liverpool and now Newcastle, you’re not coming back. We can’t play Bournemouth every week.

Girl in front of us in the SE corner (Asian, Son shirt, you get the gist) permanently on her phone the whole game uploading selfies for her inevitable TwatTok channel.... Not giving one single shit about the game.... I'm sure she'd already paid for her ticket before Son's unfortunate injury.,.. but it didn't stop her updating all her "followers/stalkers" on TwitTwat.,..

At what point is it ok to tell her to fuck off, and shove her fucking selfie stick up her arse...... or has she paid her money and entitled to 'suppprt' the club in any weird way she wants....?

Either way, she was nowhere near as pissed off at FT as I was, and that's quite telling!

The future is bleak people....
Don’t see a problem with that if I’m honest. Rather that than knuckle dragging oafs who only care about fighting.

We’re getting more revenue from a wider audience. The concern should be how we’re spending it

If we must lose to any team on any occasion it should always be that the team we face have been brilliant.

Not the case yesterday.

Not a Liverpool team to fear, Salah apart or if you give Arnold and Robertson space and time.

It’s really not hard to control the play or play attacking football when you’re 2-0 down at home against an out of form team who ended up simply trying to protect their lead.
Exactly, people should be worried by our second halves not encouraged, because these performances are coming from tactics going out the window, not any kind of instruction or plan.

If they were capable of playing like that intentionally then we would occasionally see some of that during the first half of games, these signs of life are only coming when the horse has already bolted, the opposition are already in a lead and sitting back, and our players have got nothing to lose and so are chasing the game.

The better sides, and an on form Liverpool, would be putting us to the sword when we go at it like we did second half yesterday.

Expect exactly the same against Leeds next week, and Emerson starting yet again.

Dier has made just 7 mistakes across 9 seasons that have led to a goal.

The rest of your post I agree with.
Interesting.

Taking the above at face value, his lack of defensive mindset may not directly lead to a goal, but one / two plays thereafter does.

I feel that he does not have that automatic defender attribute to deal with a situation without thinking about it. He takes 2 secs to think about and deal with a situation, whereas an out and out defender does the same / similar but automatically and in half the time . Fine margins, and all that.

Back
Top Bottom