Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leipzigs 3 CB options for this game are Halstenberg, a recognised LB by trade, Klostermann, a recognised RB by trade and Ampadu, the kid on loan from Chelsea

Well we have no centre forward, so it only seems fair.

ERKMzVwXsAkAU2Y

I’m here at the game so haven’t followed the thread obviously. But I would imagine there’s a lot of “how are we not winning this” and “we need to take our chances” comments?

from the Leipzig fans

Crikey. Some overreactions on here.

For all of RB's chances, we didn't concede a goal from open play; and for all the chances they had; how many of them were 'half chances'. Both Spurs and RB had 5 shots on target each.

To all the comments 'they could have scored 5 in the first half'. Well, they didn't and its fair to see had we conceded; the tactics and formation would have switched to suit. 5 chances don't mean they should be 5-0 up.

1-0 is not the end of the world. 90 minutes still to play.

In all honesty, with no Kane or Son did or does anyone expect any different to us dropping no out against one of the best perfmroning teams in Germany at the moment?

I look past the Mourinho record of recent times and look at our circumstances. No striker it's a killer blow to lose Kane and Sonny. Can't get irate about what's in the lap of the gods

I'm struggling to see the heroic honour in that to be honest.

Their back 3/goalie cost about 5m total inc loan fees. Their midfield 4 cost 24m. the strikers cost 14m and a 650k loan fee.

Their whole starting 11 cost about 5m more than we paid fore one of our CB's. And they were missing some first choice players too. Their manager has about a 20th of the experience of ours.

Not having our main striker is not ideal, but that's not why we were comprehensively out played and couldn't string three passes together for an hour.

I'm not saying all is lost in this tie, or that Mourinho doesn't deserve some time etc, but I'm just struggling with the whole "poor us" thing.

Back
Top Bottom