Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can Ndombele play 45 minutes? Because his dribbling ability could bait some second yellow cards for their players.
D8EWPKO.gif

This has nothing to do with Kane and Son, if you think it has you clearly haven’t watched a Jose team in a while. We play deep by design, counter by design, long ball by design.
Son, maybe not, but Kane is the best target man in the squad and that would be very useful in this game (and, indeed, any other long ball game).

If Sanchez would be in his FA Cup Southampton form, we would've been trailing by 4 goals tonight. Thankfully, he's been playing very very well.

Clear game plan to play deep and narrow. We aren’t creating anything but neither are they (couple of chances for Werner aside)

I expect them them to gas out second half and we’ll come into it. Think everyone is playing fine at the moment, Winks can maybe be a bit braver on the ball but we’re doing ok

This is the kind of match where under Poch’s style of play I probably would’ve struggled to see where a goal would come from but with Jose ball I really feel like we could score at any moment - no doubt we were slightly dominated in that half they are quite a scary team - so fast and direct, I thought my stream was on 0.2x fast forward they were zipping the ball about so quick.

Winks passes 27 @ 74% (highest for us)

Gedson 9 @ 55%

We've been terrorised as a team, but there are players doing a fuck of a lot less than Winks.

He gets shat on for being in the hardest position on the pitch, out of position, and doing an above average performance of it.

I love what Jose has got him doing. Far more forward thinking. It was clear that Poch wanted him to be more conservative.

He has had a couple recent beautiful lofted through balls from central positions that we haven't seen in a long time.

I’m here at the game so haven’t followed the thread obviously. But I would imagine there’s a lot of “how are we not winning this” and “we need to take our chances” comments?

from the Leipzig fans

Back
Top Bottom