Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be honest mate I came her for interest and stayed with anger due to the implied generalisation of small time and stupidy but I bid you farewell

In our defence...... It was neither implied or generalised....

Hope you enjoyed your stay. Whoever you've got next is in for a real treat... Enjoy your juvenile attempts to get a rise out of the next forum you go onto....

Wolverhampton.......

:dembelelol:

Some expected a battering yesterday....some expected a difficult nervy win.
But everyone expected a win, or a performance.

Lose and we’re knackered. I don’t get it.
I bet we destroy Cardiff..are we still knackered then?

We hammered Bournemouth but could easily have let in a few goals which may have lead to a different outcome, we were not great that game despite what the final score says.

Fatigue takes it's toll mentally and physically , no question.

I hope to fuck we beat Cardiff , but I don't expect to see our players frolicking about like spring lambs full of the joys of spring !

And there’s those somewhere in between who rate the squad, support the players, the manager, the chairman, the transfer policy, the academy, the financial situation, and love our style of play, but still think yesterday was a fucking disgrace and a bottle job.

Who rage at the fact Dele can go from world class for a month to believing that now his aura is so strong the Wolves players will just stand and watch in awe as he destroys counter attack after counter attack by standing on the ball, doing a sailor salute, then trying to rabona an 80 yard cross field pass to the flanks.

Or that Son, world class for a month decides to whack on a pair of clown boots so every first touch bounces two meters to the nearest Wolves player.

Or Kane scores a world class goal then retreats back into spirit of Rasiak

Or that Eriksen goes from Barca to Bogna

Or that Lloris, bored decides to play charades....guess who?? BOBBY MIMMS!!!!

Fuck that, these players are a joke sometimes.
SOMETIMES.

And I won’t hide from pointing it out especially not at the time it’s happening or straight after the game.

They are not my friends.

These are people we all fear jumping ship and leaving us in the shit to “get the trophies they deserve” at Utd or City, yet we’re expected to show them undying sympathy and stroke their egos for underachieving.

We are not punching above our weight.....this squad is good enough to win a cup, and our manager is supposedly good enough to get any gig on the planet.
It was just a bad day. A very bad day. In bygone seasons (oddly enough probably until we started competing in the top 4) you could rely on teams at the top dropping points - even City have gifted some, very recently, this season.
Everyone is gutted about this result, but it’s a blip. It’s come at a very bad time, but it could be much worse. We are still going into the new year involved in every competition. We can only hope that everything reverts to type quickly, & the dippers start losing points. They mauled their opponents yesterday, but it was only Woolwich.
I still think there are some twists and turns in this season. The players who had a torrid time yesterday will be hurting from that performance & desperate to put it right.
What is it with teams beginning with W though?
WBA, Watford & now Wolves. Wankers.

And there’s those somewhere in between who rate the squad, support the players, the manager, the chairman, the transfer policy, the academy, the financial situation, and love our style of play, but still think yesterday was a fucking disgrace and a bottle job.

Who rage at the fact Dele can go from world class for a month to believing that now his aura is so strong the Wolves players will just stand and watch in awe as he destroys counter attack after counter attack by standing on the ball, doing a sailor salute, then trying to rabona an 80 yard cross field pass to the flanks.

Or that Son, world class for a month decides to whack on a pair of clown boots so every first touch bounces two meters to the nearest Wolves player.

SOMETIMES.

And I won’t hide from pointing it out especially not at the time it’s happening or straight after the game.

They are not my friends.

These are people we all fear jumping ship and leaving us in the shit to “get the trophies they deserve” at Utd or City, yet we’re expected to show them undying sympathy and stroke their egos for underachieving.

We are not punching above our weight.....this squad is good enough to win a cup, and our manager is supposedly good enough to get any gig on the planet.

I think we all know by now that you think you're a great supporter of the club Sammy.
Relatively few people seem to agree with you though, doesn't that give cause for reflection?

I think we all know by now that you think you're a great supporter of the club Sammy.
Relatively few people seem to agree with you though, doesn't that give cause for reflection?

I don’t think I’m a great supporter.
I just don’t tend to polarise my opinions.

What kind of great supporter calls Kane Rasiak or calls for Dele to be dropped?

Remember? I’m the shit fan who goes to one game a year, and who wants Poch replaced with Klopp and hates Eriksen.
Isn’t that the mantra?

What kind of person who thinks he’s a great fan would actually type all the stuff in the post you just quoted?

And if you have been here long enough to “know” what I think I am, surely you should know that I couldn’t give two fucks what you or anyone thinks about me or my support levels.

I don’t post to garner likes from strange men, and I’m not a Grade A Happy Clapper.
Cunt maybe, but happy clapper, never.

When it’s good, it’s good.
When it’s bad it’s bad.

I don’t have an agenda either side of the coin.

It was just a bad day. A very bad day. In bygone seasons (oddly enough probably until we started competing in the top 4) you could rely on teams at the top dropping points - even City have gifted some, very recently, this season.
Everyone is gutted about this result, but it’s a blip. It’s come at a very bad time, but it could be much worse. We are still going into the new year involved in every competition. We can only hope that everything reverts to type quickly, & the dippers start losing points. They mauled their opponents yesterday, but it was only Woolwich.
I still think there are some twists and turns in this season. The players who had a torrid time yesterday will be hurting from that performance & desperate to put it right.
What is it with teams beginning with W though?
WBA, Watford & now Wolves. Wankers.
Great post.

Let's not forget that it's because City lost twice unexpectedly we then had a chance, but we lost.

Liverpool are on fire. Let's hope they slip up too. There are a lot games left to play.

SOMETIMES.

They are not my friends.

Yep, you qualify.
You didn't need to file an application though.
:):):)

What the hell has that got to do with fatigue or otherwise....?

This is PRO football; mistakes get punished by lesser players than Messi too y'now.

What kind of non-point is that... 20mins in we score a worldy and that's somehow a reflection of us having a shit attitude?

Second time in a day and I hate to quote myself but: "clueless"

Wow you really need things spelling out to you. The opposition makes complete difference. Being a bit tired even if that is an excuse against newly promoted team means we should still have enough to beat that quality of opposition. That's a fact. Mentality and attitude was to blame and thinking we could stop trying second half and leave with the win. The kind we had 5 up against Bournemouth. At 1-0 there's still a game to be won. Yes it took a goal like that just to get ahead, we only tested their keeper from long range. Understand now?

Clueless would something you should quote more often. Maybe register it alongside your name

Even on MOTD I saw this big heavyweight Wolves player hitting the floor in the replays they showed and Shearer ignored or stated Spurs fouled him.

Tottenham cannot win the league with all the refs and media against them, while Liverpool get 3 pens in 2 matches. There were good appeals for Spurs today, none given. Plus a lowly team like Wolves can travel to your home ground, dive and get free kicks, while Spurs players get booked even if they ARE fouled.

It's a really a joke, and Lloris is playing for his French counterparts these days, Gazza is FAR better.

Feels like excuses but a lot of truth in it. Kane Vs Salah's 'dive' eriksen Vs Salah' 'foul in the box'. Who the fuck dives near the corner flag anyway?? Agree on gazza. Always has a great game everytime he plays. Lloris on that second goal wow. Just stood there.

Interesting view of a great supporter?
I always thought that a great supporter was one who attended games, got stuck behind the team, club and players - no matter what and continued singing their praise even when they were losing?

I don't really see that with Sammy - or that metaphorical sticking the knife in, really qualifies as a great supporter.

You either support all the time, or you're just an interested observer/critic/massive hypocrite?

I think Lloris is off the boil and should be benched for Gazzaniga, but I'm not going to post a 5,000 word rant about how he is shite and how he's ruined the team.
He's done too much good and I have no professional experience or qualifications to slate the guy. He's a class act and needs a rest and a shake up IMV.
Compare and contrast with the bilious ridicule that he and most of the rest of the team are getting. Not much of it looks like support to me.

The argument about fatigue.....

So, apparently fatigue doesn’t happen in one game without it happening in a previous one? Like marathon runners don’t feel more tired at mile 26 than they do at mile 1? We played well and had high spirits for Everton and Bournemouth, but it’s impossible to understand we were then knackered for Wolves? The main argument being we might batter Cradiff in a game we havent played yet?

So it can’t be fatigue as that’s impossible to happen in one match but not another. However it is possible for Son to be on fire for those two matches but be shit in the third?

Once again, utter shit.

It's likely more inconsistency than fatigue, mixed in with not living up to expectation following hype put on us following City's shock defeats.

It's likely our players WERE tired. Sissoko and Winks especially have played a lot of games. When you factor in Winks' supposed ankle injury which needs to be carefully managed and Eriksen who has a "chronic" stomach injury, it can take it's toll.

The issue now is we have another game coming up in 2 days time. So if it WAS fatigue, the performance levels should be the same again. If those three were to start again, I would expect a similar performance. If not? Then I would imagine it's just inconsistency in their games and we'll be back on a long run in no time.

TL;DR - It's likely our players are tired, but it's likely we are just more inconsistent than tired. I think fatigue is a lazy excuse for poor performance. Just like Kane being tired earlier in the season was an easy excuse. (despite having no rest since, yet suddenly now performing)

Last edited:
Interesting view of a great supporter?
I always thought that a great supporter was one who attended games, got stuck behind the team, club and players - no matter what and continued singing their praise even when they were losing?

I don't really see that with Sammy - or that metaphorical sticking the knife in, really qualifies as a great supporter.

You either support all the time, or you're just an interested observer/critic/massive hypocrite?

I think Lloris is off the boil and should be benched for Gazzaniga, but I'm not going to post a 5,000 word rant about how he is shite and how he's ruined the team.
He's done too much good and I have no professional experience or qualifications to slate the guy. He's a class act and needs a rest and a shake up IMV.
Compare and contrast with the bilious ridicule that he and most of the rest of the team are getting. Not much of it looks like support to me.

No I don’t support all the time.
I didn’t support AVB at the end.

Some didn’t support Harry. Some dont support Levy. Some don’t support Sissoko....eh Mick?
What was that about through thick and thin?
You didn’t praise him for two years or back him but now your mounting the high horse because the Fab Four!!!! get called into question.

I support the club. Always.
If Dele Alli or Kane play like a pair of cunts, that doesn’t change my support for THFC.

It just means that some fans favorites have been shite in a game and instead of blaming Trippier for it, I’ll blame them.

Last edited:
The argument about fatigue.....

So, apparently fatigue doesn’t happen in one game without it happening in a previous one? Like marathon runners don’t feel more tired at mile 26 than they do at mile 1? We played well and had high spirits for Everton and Bournemouth, but it’s impossible to understand we were then knackered for Wolves? The main argument being we might batter Cradiff in a game we havent played yet?

So it can’t be fatigue as that’s impossible to happen in one match but not another. However it is possible for Son to be on fire for those two matches but be shit in the third?

Once again, utter shit.

But no ones complaining about fatigue unless we lose.
How convenient.

Win 6-2 I didn’t hear anyone say we looked fatigued. Funny that.
Only a moron thinks fatigue disappears and comes back randomly from week to week.

But no ones complaining about fatigue unless we lose.
How convenient.

Win 6-2 I didn’t hear anyone say we looked fatigued. Funny that.
Only a moron thinks fatigue disappears and comes back randomly from week to week.
And nobody was complaining about “the Fab Four” just walking about unless we lose.
How convenient.

And nobody was complaining about “the Fab Four” just walking about unless we lose.
How convenient.

But when they play well, we usually win.
Why would I complain about them walking about, when they aren’t walking about.

Why would I complain about them against Everton? They were world class.

Yesterday they were toilet and didn’t want it

Back
Top Bottom