Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we didn't lose because Kane and Eriksen missed sitters - we lost because 35-year old Moutinho destroyed our midfield in the last 25 minutes of the game and Sissoko, Winks and co. had no answer.

If you still don't understand why people are calling for a quality CM - I suggest rewatch eh game

If the Fab Four took advantage of the 67% possession the rest of the team provided for them, the game would have been dead at half time.

VVD improved them massively - fact. So did Fabinho and Keita - Henderson has been bench all season

If you honestly believe a quality CM won't improve us - you're beyond help
I will go back to discussing the topic with the poster who asked me to explain my stance if he wants to respond.

Feel free to think what you want

Oh I can assure you I'm fucking devastated with the result, my man. So you can push your false congratulations back up you're sorry fucking arse.
Football (soccer) passion is clearly not something you're familiar with. Win, lose or draw will never affect you in the way it does some of us.. And thank your lucky stars for that

Haha I am so surprised about you even having "football passion" in your vocabulary.

You never even write or reflect about what happens on the grass. Never offer your perspective. All you do is throw shit onto the management and repeat your worn out agenda.
In every time of the year.
In every possible topic.
In every possible context.

But specially after something does not go well.
This is your feast that gets you through the times where we do well (like generally the first round / 19 games where we achieved the best amount of points in EPL era - yea, whatta fcking tossers are in the management, they have fcked us over so bad, am I right?)

And such a donkey talks about football passion.
Come on.

Exactly what needed to be proved :)
When anyone calls you out, you dissapear.

You have absolutely nothing to say about footballing side of it.
You only have one agenda - to shit all over our current club structure.
You are not a fan, just a poison and a whiner.

One trick pony one might say (explains the avatar)
But luckly most here have found you out.

Guess we just have to wait for the first trophy. After that I'd assume you would be gone for ages, as you have no one to blame and no one to whine about.

Much too painful to rematch that match back and therefore commentating on just seeing it once and missing Wolves first goal. We were in control in the first half but at half time I had fears and posted we neede a 2nd. We seemed to allow Wolves to take control, could not mount a serious goal attempt and it was the lack of control that lost us the game and not breakaway goals. It certainly looked like tiredness but some argue against. In the last 2 matches our best attempts at goal went in yesterday they did not and we only had 1 goal advantage. It was almost as if once the collective mindset of trying to play deep and hold what we had, that it was impossible to change. As someone else stated this has been seen before with us losing a lead and several goals quickly. Not having a vocal home support to really get them going was part of the problem, with the other being lack of leadership on the field to get them going. I agreed with Moura for Dele who probably was never going to play 90 mins. Now we did not have an attacking sub left but we needed an injection of energy and Poch should have made the other 2 subs. Wolves have also played a lot over Xmas and this should favour us as we are used to playing twice a week.

Yes I think this squad is good enough to win the league. If Leicester and Chelsea did it, then I 100% believe we have the quality, but not the luck, mentality, experience, consistency or application.

The star players are the ones that make biggest impact.
We can win games if Davies or Winks have a shocker.
If Eriksen, Dele and Kane play shit, it doesn’t really matter how well Trippier or Sissoko played. Our chances are dramatically reduced, and for me that was the case v Wolves.

People blame the squad, but how many times have we lost a game because of Davies or Dier?
How many times have we lost a game because we had 95 shots and only scored one though?
Clearly not the service is it.
( I’m fully aware Wolves was an anomaly where we registered just 4 shots on goal all game)

Replacing Davies with Sessegnon won’t make Son stop being a player you flip a coin on whether he’s going to put one in the top corner, or tamely tap it at the keepers shins.

NDombele won’t make Dele pass the ball forward quicker.

My point is that when our key players play shit, it’s not because of those less talented players around them.
Dier could do everything right in a match, but if we lose due to Kane missing sitters or Eriksen giving the ball away, the only thing said will be “we need a new DM”.

Of course we could improve Trippier. We could improve Dele though.
Do people think we’d be better off with Walker back, or keep Trippier and replacing
Dele with Dybala or Sane?

Point being, I expect more from a world class player, than I do Trippier, so if Trippier “isn’t good enough” he isn’t necessarily playing five levels below his capabilities.

It’s not unreasonable if people take into account the fact City spent a billion and Leicester won the league.
Or that this Fab Four that I’m not allowed to criticise, that are so revered beyond reproach cost a combined 40M for all of them.

Too often overlooked by people falsley claiming the only way is to spend big.

It’s different because we are a ten times better team to 5 years ago.
The likes of Chadli won’t improve us anymore.
The stadium will bring in more revenue and we will eventually be able to sign players that can improve the squad.
Some people demand players they’ve never seen play. Some people would have been happy to spend 60M on Zaha.

To me that says it all. It’s not about the club, it’s something to appease their own cravings. I wouldn’t want Zaha here as he would not make us better and that’s the only point in signing a player.

It’s not irrelevant but it proves there is another way.
On the flip side, people claim Leicester doing it is irrelevant because it doesn’t fit the mantra that you have to spend massive amounts to compete.
So we pretend teams were letting them win and refs gifted them the title.
You know when they won the league?
0-1 Huth at WHL..hardly a game the oppo bent over for them eh.
It was a game where Kane missed several
one on ones and we couldn’t score from some 26 shots. Sound familiar?

In some key games absolutely this

Whilst I agree with your for the most part, I do think there is something to be said for a club does making obvious attempts to improve by bringing in talent. ( Please dont mistake this as me clamoring for new signings and what have you, I only aim to make a point ) What I mean is, if we realize that certain players are not on par with a level we are striving for, no doubt the team does as well. Do you not think that this plays into the psyche at least a little? You're right, NDombele won't make Dele move the ball quicker, but I bet there is a certain level of attitude adjustment that comes with adding such a player to a squad. An area that I think most of us could agree needs improvement. I just dont know if an attitude adjustment is worth 50+ Million....

I had a bad feeling before this game.
After smashing chavs and beating inter we fell short against the scum with the 3rd game in a week.
Had a nagging doubt it would be a similar struggle.

The fact that Bournemouth had so many chances against us I believe shows signs of fatigue, it's just we were deadly that day and scored plenty. Of course no one links this to fatigue because we smashed them, it's a moot point, but signs were there.

I don't believe there is any chance we took Wolves lightly, they are a decent team and the previous game they did cause a lot of problems last 20 mins.

It was our 3rd game, and we just ran out if steam, perhaps we could have been more aggressive first half to get more goals though. What really hurt us was not having Lamela available and instead swapping Dele for Lucas. Lucas is great but not what we needed then, Lamela might have helped keep some control in midfield.
109 times we gave away possession, now to me that seems more than just a bad game, its tiredness, mentally.
We have had bad games and won but not given away the ball that much. Look at all the games we won earlier in the season.
They are not machines, well, apart from Sissoko who is half Terminator lol.

Despite this loss we are in great shape all things considered.

No I don’t support all the time.
I didn’t support AVB at the end.

Some didn’t support Harry. Some dont support Levy. Some don’t support Sissoko....eh Mick?
What was that about through thick and thin?
You didn’t praise him for two years or back him but now your mounting the high horse because the Fab Four!!!! get called into question.

I support the club. Always.
If Dele Alli or Kane play like a pair of cunts, that doesn’t change my support for THFC.

It just means that some fans favorites have been shite in a game and instead of blaming Trippier for it, I’ll blame them.
I love this stick that you and Baz like to beat me with, that I don't support Sissoko, like I want him to fail. I have no problems with the fact that I made jokes about his woeful passing, shooting and how he liked to stand on the ball when he got excited, plus after his first two seasons I was happy for him to leave. He was consistently way below the quality of the rest of the team, and he stood out as such. Am I delighted that he's got his shit wired right? You bet I am.
Did I deride him and call him names, accuse him of not caring or being lazy - no. He hadn't banked the kind of performances or set the standards of the the other team members. Now he has.
The team had an off day, the opposition hit a peak in their performance cycle, and the combination made the result what it was. But I'm not going to come on here and shitmouth the individuals because of my loyalty to what they have shown they are capable of delivering.
If I am happy to dance to the good times then I'll just tap my feet to the bad ones.
I'm not going to go public deriding them individually or collectively just because we lost.
IMV good supporters don't do that, and the ones that do are the ones that are "playing shite"

I love this stick that you and Baz like to beat me with, that I don't support Sissoko, like I want him to fail. I have no problems with the fact that I made jokes about his woeful passing, shooting and how he liked to stand on the ball when he got excited, plus after his first two seasons I was happy for him to leave. He was consistently way below the quality of the rest of the team, and he stood out as such. Am I delighted that he's got his shit wired right? You bet I am.
Did I deride him and call him names, accuse him of not caring or being lazy - no. He hadn't banked the kind of performances or set the standards of the the other team members. Now he has.
The team had an off day, the opposition hit a peak in their performance cycle, and the combination made the result what it was. But I'm not going to come on here and shitmouth the individuals because of my loyalty to what they have shown they are capable of delivering.
If I am happy to dance to the good times then I'll just tap my feet to the bad ones.
I'm not going to go public deriding them individually or collectively just because we lost.
IMV good supporters don't do that, and the ones that do are the ones that are "playing shite"

But you did shit mouth Sissoko Mick.

So stop trying to make out that you berating an individual for two years and saying he doesn’t even slightly resemble a footballer is better than me saying Dele or Son play shit sometimes.

No one would question my support if I was cunting off Dier or Trippier every single fucking day of the week.
Because it’s fine with a popular target.

I find it tedious that people who want 3 or 4 players to be replaced in a few weeks harping on about how someone else should back the players unconditionally.

Last edited:
No I didn't, he was poor when he came to us and only played inferior opponents and short subs appearances. Thankfully Porch got to see what he can do in training (which funnily enough I can't) and stuck with him.
You pour derision, scorn and foul mouthed obscenities at our players, which I don't, and that's the difference.
You seem to think your approach of being some hard nosed foul mouthed internet hard arse is your "right" (they're not my friends) and don't give a shit that it rankles with the majority in here.
If you are happy to take the bans and not care about your boorish approach to supporting the club, then good for you.
For a lot of people on here it's unpleasant and unnecessary.
I try to learn from the mistakes I make on here and moderate my approach, you just carry on pissing people off shitting the team, management, chairman and anyone else who gets your goat, because it doesn't seem to dawn on you that we are all sore and hurting, and having you poke the wound with your shit stick just makes everything worse.
Do everyone a favour, just don't post for 48 hours (after a loss) until you can be pleasant and talk rationally.

No I didn't, he was poor when he came to us and only played inferior opponents and short subs appearances. Thankfully Porch got to see what he can do in training (which funnily enough I can't) and stuck with him.
You pour derision, scorn and foul mouthed obscenities at our players, which I don't, and that's the difference.
You seem to think your approach of being some hard nosed foul mouthed internet hard arse is your "right" (they're not my friends) and don't give a shit that it rankles with the majority in here.
If you are happy to take the bans and not care about your boorish approach to supporting the club, then good for you.
For a lot of people on here it's unpleasant and unnecessary.
I try to learn from the mistakes I make on here and moderate my approach, you just carry on pissing people off shitting the team, management, chairman and anyone else who gets your goat, because it doesn't seem to dawn on you that we are all sore and hurting, and having you poke the wound with your shit stick just makes everything worse.
Do everyone a favour, just don't post for 48 hours (after a loss) until you can be pleasant and talk rationally.

You’re trying to rewrite history Mick. You did not in any way shape or form take a balanced reasonable stance towards Sissoko. You were derogatory and borderline abusive towards his abilities so it’s embarrassing to see you trying to act like a cheerleader and throwing around comments about my “foul mouthed obscenities” towards our players.
What, like “big fat slug”?
Fucking LOL.....
considering you describe your two year campaign against Sissoko as “jokes about his ability”.
But me saying Kane played like Rasiak or a slug is deadly serious and vile abuse and raw hatred.
Jesus Christ, talk about self absorbed.

Show me where I’ve ever said something bad about Levy. Fucking liar.

I bad mouth Poch when he makes mistakes like Christian Gross.
I praise him when manages like Bill Nic though.

And your still speaking for the forum as “us” and “we”.
Stop trying to rally the troops all the time in some bizarre effort to isolate your opponent from the popular belief.

The most popular belief is that this squad isn’t good enough and needs a major overhaul in midfield and defence.

Now again, tell me who is the one person on here who thinks the squad is good enough and doesn’t need anyone replaced and the only thing that’s needed is more application.

Oh yes, that would be me.

So who’s supporting “the players” Mick.
And who isn’t?

I don’t want Berger or NDombele.
I love Eric Dier, and Eric Dier loves me.

Last edited:
After his motm performance against Bournemouth, and a great performance everytime he plays and probably one of the least used players in our squad, why wasn't kwp used. Trippier is been disappointing this season and probably had his worst game of the season. Lloris also needs rotating with gazza who also has a great game everytime. These big boys need reminding that if they drop their level, then there's as good if not better replacements.

If the Fab Four took advantage of the 67% possession the rest of the team provided for them, the game would have been dead at half time.

We can talk about missed chances but there wasn't many of them. Long range shots and a great one from Harry, but conceding 3 in ten mins in any game least of all against wolves, is downright unacceptable. If we weren't all there in an attacking sense then play keep ball when you're under the kosh, waste a bit of time, win some free kicks. Kill the momentum. Can't be flying and smashing teams every game. But we couldn't even hold on to it. Countered with very poor balls out or hoofed it away and back it came. We played exactly like burnley did against us only didn't defend as well as they did!

It was a bit like the England cricket team. Every now and then they have a batting collapse. It is like what went on before affects how a player plays and some make inexplicable mistakes. We have seen it several times now when the game changes and we seem unable to stem the flow and we concede 2/3 goals in quick succession. Poch did not have a lot of options on the Bench but why did he not say bring on Skipp and Rose into the midfield to energise it. But Mentality has to be a part of it as the number of misplaced passes increased.
In some ways this was different to the defeats we suffered at home in the past when we lost to a wonder goal or breakaway against the flow. We were being overrun and seemed unable to get into the game.

Back
Top Bottom