Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really can't see how you blame Hugo for all 3 goals.
1) A header from 7 yards into the corner = bad marking/blocking/defending. (Maybe,just maybe, he could of came for)
2) A shot from the edge of the box which goes through Toby's legs and sneaks in the very corner of the goal.
3) We get caught on the break, terrible defending by Winks, who didn't know whether to stick or twist and ended up doing neither, leaving a one on one situation which 70% of the time the forward will always score.
Even on MOTD I saw this big heavyweight Wolves player hitting the floor in the replays they showed and Shearer ignored or stated Spurs fouled him.

Tottenham cannot win the league with all the refs and media against them, while Liverpool get 3 pens in 2 matches. There were good appeals for Spurs today, none given. Plus a lowly team like Wolves can travel to your home ground, dive and get free kicks, while Spurs players get booked even if they ARE fouled.

It's a really a joke, and Lloris is playing for his French counterparts these days, Gazza is FAR better.

The meltdowns in this forum is quite a sight. Get some perspective you melts. We lost a game. How were you feeling when we scored 11 in 2 games. People don't remember the mid nineties it seems.

there's nothing about mendes you can tell me that I don't know and most of it scares the shit out of me just hope our owners are stronger than that .. Couldn't help the "behave" comment though could you... Go behave little club .. I'm sure there's plenty clubs say that about you every time you bottle it... One thing I hate about the prem... Big Time Charlie's at least us "championship clubs" win lose and draw with a bit of grace
When did you come up from the Championship? I only ever look at Sky's top 5 table so I had no idea you were in the league until yesterday

The meltdowns in this forum is quite a sight. Get some perspective you melts. We lost a game. How were you feeling when we scored 11 in 2 games. People don't remember the mid nineties it seems.
It's a curious psychological phenomenon: the better we get the more negative the forum gets. You would think the reaction to a loss after 5 straight wins would be milder, but some seem to store up their anger and resentment with every victory and then just unleash the fury when we eventually lose

One thing I hate about the prem... Big Time Charlie's at least us "championship clubs" win lose and draw with a bit of grace

That's HIGHLY debatable.

You've been the best of an otherwise shit bunch of Wolves posting here today that reflect the standard shit stirring oppo forum visitor... C'est la vie, but you're on our veritable 'turf' - Don't complain about finding ones self greeted by footy tribalism and coarse banter.

Meanwhile, still here posting tho, I see...

It's a curious psychological phenomenon: the better we get the more negative the forum gets. You would think the reaction to a loss after 5 straight wins would be milder, but some seem to store up their anger and resentment with every victory and then just unleash the fury when we eventually lose

It's cos a lot of the cunts in question (their agendas, more accurately) are frustrated by said victories.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just old-skool but I find it utterly dismaying that I spend more time/energy defending our club against other alleged Spurs fans that I do most oppo and neutrals come accross away from t'interweb....

Last edited:
It's cos a lot of the cunts in question (their agendas, more accurately) are frustrated by said victories.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just old-skool but I find it utterly dismaying that I spend more time/energy defending our club against other alleged Spurs fans that I do most oppo and neutrals I come away from t'interweb....
I think there are a multiple of psychological reasons for why so many people would call our most successful ever premier league squad 'bottlers', 'lightweights' 'disgraces' etc. I'm thinking of writing a book on it: Chapter One - Being John Thomas

Nah, it is not that.
I personally was more hit by the fashion under which circumstances we lost.

0 shot attempts in 2nd half against a newcomer in the league.
Unfortunately we did not even look like we could somehow react after they scored an equalizer.

And ofc there is factor of higher expectations.
Getting to 2nd place already started to tickle some hope in me that said "damn, we are 2nd", could we... despite everything... it is not that much, as Pool will have to play against Woolwich.

... just a really high fall...
Ofc things are decent still - we are in last 16 in CL. We are in EFL semis. And we will finish this round on 2nd/3rd place.

I think there are a multiple of psychological reasons for why so many people would call our most successful ever premier league squad 'bottlers', 'lightweights' 'disgraces' etc. I'm thinking of writing a book on it: Chapter One - Being John Thomas

Also, I have not read through all the reactions here, and I would not want to use a noun like "bottlers" or "disgraces" about who we are. But when we talk about what we did IN THIS ONE HALF then there is little room to argue - in these 45 minutes during this half we played disgraceful football and bottled the result badly. And I mean badly-badly, this kind of badly that makes abuse coming from other team supporters kind of justified.

And this hurt quite a lot tbh.

Also, I have not read through all the reactions here, and I would not want to use a noun like "bottlers" or "disgraces" about who we are. But when we talk about what we did IN THIS ONE HALF then there is little room to argue - in these 45 minutes during this half we played disgraceful football and bottled the result badly. And I mean badly-badly, this kind of badly that makes abuse coming from other team supporters kind of justified.

It hurts us all the same, some of us just see this as our team and are proud of what they've done so far, some take any excuse to abuse and belittle them.
You should really read the thread before commenting. I think the third goal goes in around p. 38, have a look from there. The worst set of comments I've seen since we lost the semi-final, and I could understand the reaction to that a lot more than losing our first game out of 4 games in 10 days

Last edited:

For semantics sake, the "result" by definition would be a bi-product of any said "bottling", no? ...So how exactly does one "bottle a result" badly or otherwise?

...Would using a funnel help perhaps? :allitongue:

Last edited:
This game reminded me of that home loss against Juventus in the CL. When one from behind Allegri put on Asamoah and Lichsteiner to stretch Spurs final third. Poch was too slow to react and Spurs conceded two in a very short amount of time.

Today Wolves did something similar in the second half and it very quickly weaken Tottenham's high press. Poch did change it to 3 at the back after the equaliser but it looked like the players had no idea how to defend in wide open space. Tackle too early, not blocking the pass lanes, etc.

This game reminded me of that home loss against Juventus in the CL. When one from behind Allegri put on Asamoah and Lichsteiner to stretch Spurs final third. Poch was too slow to react and Spurs conceded two in a very short amount of time.

Today Wolves did something similar in the second half and it very quickly weaken Tottenham's high press. Poch did change it to 3 at the back after the equaliser but it looked like the players had no idea how to defend in wide open space. Tackle too early, not blocking the pass lanes, etc.

Pretty spot on. Moutinho really changed their shape and ate up the middle of the park. Our counter was no longer once they decided to press and take the game to us.

there's nothing about mendes you can tell me that I don't know and most of it scares the shit out of me just hope our owners are stronger than that .. Couldn't help the "behave" comment though could you... Go behave little club .. I'm sure there's plenty clubs say that about you every time you bottle it... One thing I hate about the prem... Big Time Charlie's at least us "championship clubs" win lose and draw with a bit of grace
Like coming on an opponents forum to gloat-not-gloat? Grace indeed. It is the actions of an infantile prick and not gracious ie acting like you've been there before. It is why most sites do not allow posting in the match thread until you prove you are not an infantile prick. Now, were you a member previously and had suffered the good-natured slings and arrows prior to the match only to come out victorious then I would assume most on here would have been ok with your presence. But you are here today and will be gone tomorrow like a cowardly WUM.

And you hope your owners are strong enough? FFS there is ample evidence of shady shit already with Jorge 'definitely no longer an agent' Mendes engineering all the transfers into your friggin club. And your majority owner's have a stake in Gestifute FFS. Take all that away and it would be a fan-fucking-tastic story due to its organic growth. But it is not, it is tainted with the stench of Mendes. Or maybe it isnt and all those nice Iberian lads have spent the entirety of their lives looking forward to living in Wolverhampton. Makes sense as we all do.

Good night sir. I shan't reply to you again.

Last edited:

EDIT: Maybe I'm just old-skool but I find it utterly dismaying that I spend more time/energy defending our club against other alleged Spurs fans that I do most oppo and neutrals come accross away from t'interweb....
I used to as well.
After a while you realise that it just isn't worth while, some people support the club no matter what it does, and the cockwombles behave like they are owed something, as if this was being done to spite them personally.
I can only assume they are a reflection of what us older people refer to as snowflakes, spineless whiners that melt at the first sign of anguish in their selfish little lives.
It's sad and dispiriting to witness on a human level.
Made worse when the fuckers tell me that they are better supporters because it means more to them - without ever taking the time to consider their behaviour, or having the capacity to realise that it hurts just as much but that we deal with it without needing psychiatric support or councelling

I used to as well.
After a while you realise that it just isn't worth while, some people support the club no matter what it does, and the cockwombles behave like they are owed something, as if this was being done to spite them personally.
I can only assume they are a reflection of what us older people refer to as snowflakes, spineless whiners that melt at the first sign of anguish in their selfish little lives.
It's sad and dispiriting to witness on a human level.
Made worse when the fuckers tell me that they are better supporters because it means more to them - without ever taking the time to consider their behaviour, or having the capacity to realise that it hurts just as much but that we deal with it without needing psychiatric support or councelling

And there’s those somewhere in between who rate the squad, support the players, the manager, the chairman, the transfer policy, the academy, the financial situation, and love our style of play, but still think yesterday was a fucking disgrace and a bottle job.

Who rage at the fact Dele can go from world class for a month to believing that now his aura is so strong the Wolves players will just stand and watch in awe as he destroys counter attack after counter attack by standing on the ball, doing a sailor salute, then trying to rabona an 80 yard cross field pass to the flanks.

Or that Son, world class for a month decides to whack on a pair of clown boots so every first touch bounces two meters to the nearest Wolves player.

Or Kane scores a world class goal then retreats back into spirit of Rasiak

Or that Eriksen goes from Barca to Bogna

Or that Lloris, bored decides to play charades....guess who?? BOBBY MIMMS!!!!

Fuck that, these players are a joke sometimes.
SOMETIMES.

And I won’t hide from pointing it out especially not at the time it’s happening or straight after the game.

They are not my friends.

These are people we all fear jumping ship and leaving us in the shit to “get the trophies they deserve” at Utd or City, yet we’re expected to show them undying sympathy and stroke their egos for underachieving.

We are not punching above our weight.....this squad is good enough to win a cup, and our manager is supposedly good enough to get any gig on the planet.

Last edited:
Surely we all knew that us and Everton had the worst fixture congestion this Xmas period thanks to Sky, and I'm not at all surprised it's bitten us on the arse.

As Poch says, the players aren't fucking robots and it's a disgrace we have to play on such an unlevel field.

Surely we all knew that us and Everton had the worst fixture congestion this Xmas period thanks to Sky, and I'm not at all surprised it's bitten us on the arse.

As Poch says, the players aren't fucking robots and it's a disgrace we have to play on such an unlevel field.

Some expected a battering yesterday....some expected a difficult nervy win.
But everyone expected a win, or a performance.

Lose and we’re knackered. I don’t get it.
I bet we destroy Cardiff..are we still knackered then?

Back
Top Bottom