Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope they have been shit as much as the rest of the atmosphere. Sat in the east stand and barring the first 5 mins heard nothing from that “constantly” singing section
I was in it, was good for the first 15 mins. Fair play for the person who initiated it though, probably the worst game to trial it though.
I've. Not gone back and read the previous posts buts was a singing section today?
Personally best thing was seeing Paul whitehouse today the game was crap.

Which block is it? Can you remind me? I'd already booked to be beside a ST mate but I'd always prefer to meet up with him before and after and spend the 90 minutes singing and not be looked at like I'm some sort of harmful eccentric who needs to be sectioned
Hope this helps for future games mate.

Applications for the reserved area v Portsmouth are now closed, but you can still be involved by simply buying tickets next to this area;
Blocks 250, 251 and 252 (Lower Tier, safe standing, Rows 2-25).

Best bit about winning the early game yesterday and getting it out of the way, is that we get to sit back and enjoy the rest of FA Cup 3rd Round weekend!!

Let everyone else sweat it out....

Apologies if mentioned in earlier posts but using the unreliable talent spotting tool for one match wonders and applying it to our search for a decent RWB I must say I was impressed with the performance of (Swanson?) theirs.....worth a punt for the price of vanful of deer burgers and I'd be be prepared to forget the fact about the parentage of his former club.

Only just looked at our goal again. Worth watching Kanes movement. He actually sprints back to come and get the ball to set the play up. Exposing our chronic lack of creativity and being able to play the ball forward. We don’t really want him doing this as he is our best at finishing but until Conte starts playing a system and players that can unlock a defence this is what will keep happening

For quite a period back then, it seemed we had some of the best & worst players in the division. Really odd mix & bunch.
Not too dissimilar to now! I was thinking that yesterday we just be weird to play against with that kind of line up. Kane and last seasons Son absolutel world beaters. Tanganga, Sess, Royal, Skipp et al were very much league 1 level

Not too dissimilar to now! I was thinking that yesterday we just be weird to play against with that kind of line up. Kane and last seasons Son absolutel world beaters. Tanganga, Sess, Royal, Skipp et al were very much league 1 level

League 1 level?

......Have a word.

I wouldn't say Skipp did....the others maybe...
I’m not sure what Skipp contributed that we can get that excited about. First touch leaves a lot to be desired and that sky over the bar! Sure he’s only been back a handful of games so there is an element of grace but Sarr gave us so much more. He can’t pick out a forward pass and is a walking yellow.

Went to this yesterday with the boy and a mate and his girlfriend.

Pompey were LOUD, they had the biggest seat allocation I've seen tho, but wow.

Although I think my favourite away fans are the Frankfurt ones with their coordinated scarf waving and cheering. Ze German efficiency ja?

Game wasn't great tbh, but happy seeing Gil get loads of minutes. I don't get how Spence is making a case for himself although apparently it's a 'mature' approach to just pass it straight back. Glad to get the result tho, shocker for Newcastle.

Only just looked at our goal again. Worth watching Kanes movement. He actually sprints back to come and get the ball to set the play up. Exposing our chronic lack of creativity and being able to play the ball forward. We don’t really want him doing this as he is our best at finishing but until Conte starts playing a system and players that can unlock a defence this is what will keep happening

I think Conte does play a system that can unlock defences.
On the attack we play with 5 forwards.
Trouble is there's a problem with 4 of them.

Son seems to have lost all his ability over the summer.

Kulu Is always injured

Emerson/Doherty arent great attackers, the former especially.

Persic can't play every game and his understudy is arguably worse than Emerson.

These things really need correcting for the football to improve

Back
Top Bottom