Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've. Not gone back and read the previous posts buts was a singing section today?
Personally best thing was seeing Paul whitehouse today the game was crap.

Well , through to the next round , rested some players , no new injuries , all that matters at the end of the day really . We move on to more important things next week . I’m happy with that . COYS
I think the same. Job done no injuries no over exertion. Positives in Sarr and Gil. Confirmation some players are not up to it ie Sess and Royal.

Agree Sarr was good although Gil shaded it for me and assuming Kula is back next week, could well keep his spot ahead of Son. Really did not want to go into the last 10 mins with only a goal lead but no real scares other than Tanganda's defending but fortunately always someone else to help him out. We really should have scored more to allow Kane to come off.
Job done and into the next round but lets stop this talk about playing weak teams.
No chance Gil plays ahead of Son if Kulu is fit next week. Just can’t see Conte dropping Son for a NLD

Moving this to the right thread!

Competent performance but not a lot to warm us up. Had a few Pompey fans behind me in the premium seats, think they enjoyed the game more than me. Positives were clean sheet, Sarre and Gil's performances and Harry's goal.
Was nervous for the last 15 minutes when we couldn't add to our goal tally , TBH. But we're through to next round without the need of a replay, so happy enough.
Lovely to see mummy mummy and his beautiful daughter before the game (must take after her mum! ;) ).

I likened Spurs' task today to getting one of those brazil nuts at christmas - you know, the ones that stubbornly refuse to crack open.

Portsmouth offered nothing, packed the defence (even after they went one down) and deserved precisely nothing from the fixture, which thankfully is exactly what they got. Bunch of dullards.

Fair play to Spurs for sticking to their unenviable task for the full 90 minutes. Emerson was poop again.

A bit of a grind to sit through that, and they had the Pompey fans sat right next to us today.

But it's not all bad, Sarr and Gil have the potential to blossom into something really special. I'm so worried that we've reached the end of Sons road though, it's sad to see him like this.

Less said about Royal the better. I can't see what Conte thinks is to be gained by persisting with him now. He needs to swallow his pride and start Spence.
Think I would be rather have been sat next to them than where I ended up (ST seat taken by Pompey).
My "standing" section seat was some sort of Selfie/Mum doing the snacks run/Bored child/"Can I have your 💩 please?" area.

Just got back from the game: I thought it was one of those games where a poor opposition pulls your performance down. A dullish game which we were always in charge of. Could have easily been 2 or 3 nil.
Fairly sober atmosphere in the stadium but I would say a positive atmosphere and of course, a Win.
Sonny put in a good effort but still not firing on all cylinders, Bryan gets better with each minute he gets, Royal just isn’t good enough, Davies put in a good shift as he always does, Kane superb.
We need to start faster and move up the pitch quicker, need better short passing and less dithering.

Back
Top Bottom