Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thinktank

Listen to thinky
oK8NxAM.jpg

Hugo, Doherty, Perisic, Sanchez, Davies, Tanganga, Bissouma, Winks, White

---------------forster-------------
----sanchez---dier----davies
spence---sarr---biss-----sess
------gil-----kane----son

shame cant rest kane, maybe conte will and play white like he did in the friendlies. maybe just use kane second half if we arent winning.

Forster
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Spence - Bissouma - Sarr - Sessegnon
Gil - Kane - Son
Keep that back three and front three. Important they get as many minutes together as possible in my opinion.

Would love to see Spence start. I don't think he will though. Sarr rewarded a start for recent fine cameos and Bissouma comes straight back in.

2-0

Not sure why we're changing the keeper. Lloris has just had a rest and I don't see any point in playing Forster just for the sake of it.

Personally, the only player I think we should rest is Perisic so Sessegnon is the only change I would make. We need an FA Cup.

Save Perisic and Davies for the NLD. I'm hoping Conte might surprise us with the return of Kulu or Bentancur and is keeping stumm about it for a psychological advantage against the scum.

Not sure why we're changing the keeper. Lloris has just had a rest and I don't see any point in playing Forster just for the sake of it.

Personally, the only player I think we should rest is Perisic so Sessegnon is the only change I would make. We need an FA Cup.

Save Perisic and Davies for the NLD. I'm hoping Conte might surprise us with the return of Kulu or Bentancur and is keeping stumm about it for a psychological advantage against the scum.
I reckon both Deki and Bentancur will be back for the derby.

I'd love Richarlison to be, but they said a month, which is annoying.

Imagine if we got a couple of new signings in the net fortnight!?

Not sure where you're going with that one. You've got a more or less first string back three with three unknowns in the midfield and one of our back-up centre-backs in the left forward position (?).
Get the back 3 settled ahead of Goons.

Put some your and energy into the middle in a low risk game….

Sanchez is one of our best and most skilful players and should be played where he can most impact the game

League one opposition, potencial banana but still, Spence? Hoping to see more of White and Sarr too, at some stage of the game

Forster
Emerson Romero Dier Davies Sess
Skipp Sarr
Spence Son Gil

Rest Kane. Please. Sarr needs to start. Skipp or Bissouma with him. Tanganga over Romero is an option but I preferred solidity at the back since the midfield and forwards are very young besides Son.
Could also have lenglet central and dier on for Romero to rest him.

Spence at RW means you can get him time and don’t have to worry about him costing us a goal.

Go strong.....

1. We have to build momentum for the NLD and have a full week to recover anyway.
2. Best chance of a cup this year.... Get the job done and then tweak.

- You'd want Kulu & B'cur to at least get some minutes into their legs before the NLD; even if they don't start.
- Bit torn in MF tbh... Went with Skipp & Biss as both need to play up, but would seek to give Sarr game-time too.
- Need Sonny to start to see if he can build off of his goal and final 20min against CP.
- Spence? ......Ya'll dreamin'!

Hugo
Romero / Dier / Davies
Doherty / Skipp / Biss / Perisic
Gil / Kane / Son

who was it last year that we embarrassingly wen't behind to before subbing on Lucas and Kane and Ndomebele off to save us?

Was it Morcombe? think they even went ahead and all!

who was it last year that we embarrassingly wen't behind to before subbing on Lucas and Kane and Ndomebele off to save us?

Was it Morcombe? think they even went ahead and all!

Yep.

3-1

Back
Top Bottom