Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is it a small club mentality?

I'm essentially saying we should be good enough regardless.

It's a small club mentality because they are our opposition. In no way should we in any way consider doing anything that could potentially help them (regardless of their standard or likelihood of winning).

No concessions, no mercy!

:contefists:

A pretty sobering thought that our mid table third tier opponents in the 3rd round tomorrow have won the FA Cup 17 years more recently than we have.

I’d love to win the FA Cup. I’ve such great memories of going to all the finals in the 1980’s and 1991. It’s an insane wait of 32 years for Number 9.

Last edited:
A pretty sobering thought that our mid table third tier opponents in the 3rd round have won the FA Cup 17 years more recently than we have.

I’d love to win the FA Cup. I’ve such great memories of going to all the finals in the 1980’s and 1991. It’s an insane wait of 32 years for Number 9.

It’s a stain on the club that we haven’t won it since 1991. An embarrassment.

A pretty sobering thought that our mid table third tier opponents in the 3rd round have won the FA Cup 17 years more recently than we have.

Especially when you consider that our 1991 win was a record 8th triumph and how much we were seen as a "cup team".

Underlines just how far we fell behind in the next 15-20 years.

I blame Joe Bloggs*
...we were never quite the same after that publicity stunt!

* if you know, you know!
I don't remember the stunt in question but I googled Joe Bloggs Tottenham and got this...

Nice clobber!

00C185A000000190-5326329-image-a-22_1517248885554.jpg

Apologies as haven’t had time to read back through the thread yet. Job done IMHO. Would have loved more goals but we did what we had to before a very intense period. Was my youngest’s first game today and the first time I’ve taken both kids. Huge thank you to the lovely STHs around me who enabled us to (a) shuffle tickets on the exchange to sit together and (b) enjoy the 1882 facilities and refreshments. Spurs fans are amazing. Far from perfect on the pitch but I loved the fact that Gil and Sarr are being given opportunities to get crucial PL experience. Both could be immense for us. On the flip side, anyone started a just giving page to send Sessegnon back to Fulham… and Royal to some other career as he’s a hideous attempt at a footballer… respectively?!

:mourweird:

Back
Top Bottom