Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Based on form you have to say Sarr as DM and Bentancur would be our best midfield in a two.

Hojbjerg, Skipp and Bissouma could have problems.

Not a good performance, although I find that the FA Cup third round is usually always a bit of a slog, even if we destroy a team it feels like a friendly. Doesn’t get good for another round or 2.
Yep, it's just getting through that counts, games like this are the norm, scrappy, disjointed, seen so many matches like this over the years. I remember us struggling to get past Notts County and Blackpool in '91. Anyone remember the Portsmouth semi under Redknapp?

The crowd and players aren't as up for it as much because of expectations and the opposition raise their game because it's their cup final. People suggesting Portsmouth should've gone for it more don't seem to realize we didn't let them, we weren't inspiring but we were professional, organized and hard working and didn't give em a sniff.

In the hat, no embarrassing exit or energy sapping replay, this was a pretty standard cup tie, the type of game we've seen hundreds of times before.

Gotta be honest...... Wasn't a dazzling performance, but seeing the young lads do their bits and us getting the win = I enjoyed that.

COYS :)

Agree Sarr was good although Gil shaded it for me and assuming Kula is back next week, could well keep his spot ahead of Son. Really did not want to go into the last 10 mins with only a goal lead but no real scares other than Tanganda's defending but fortunately always someone else to help him out. We really should have scored more to allow Kane to come off.
Job done and into the next round but lets stop this talk about playing weak teams.

Back
Top Bottom