Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let him get a hat-trick at the NLD instead!
why-not-both.gif

If it wasn't for the run in after this game, I'd agree. The prospect of losing more players to injury before a double header of scum and City is pretty grim, I'd rather avoid.
8 days to the next match and we lose more than enough players to injury in training. No we play a team to win and in the absence of Richie & Kula that means Kane.

Kane will want to play. He will see an easy(ish) chance to catch Greavsie.
yea course hell want an easy few goals but its not a charity case. be stupid risking him in the FA cup against a league 1 side when rich is out. we have no ST backup. have to be wise in these situations.

i remember poch brought him on in the Fa cup on a shit pitch a few years ago when there was just no need. he didnt get injured in that game but got injured the game after and was our only striker. said he brought him on our of respect for the opposition fans cos they wanted to see kane.....about as unprofessional as it gets

Stellini is in charge of the press conference today. It seems like he is carted out more often than not for cup games.

Which should tell us just how much Conte rates the cups.

yea course hell want an easy few goals but its not a charity case. be stupid risking him in the FA cup against a league 1 side when rich is out. we have no ST backup. have to be wise in these situations.

i remember poch brought him on in the Fa cup on a shit pitch a few years ago when there was just no need. he didnt get injured in that game but got injured the game after and was our only striker. said he brought him on our of respect for the opposition fans cos they wanted to see kane.....about as unprofessional as it gets
Who else from watching recent matches do you think will score for us? Gil? Son? No point in WB's as any crosses will never get to GIL or Son. White is a utility player and not a goal scorer and Scarlet & Parrott on loan. We have no choice. I will get excited by a Cup final but not yet another top 4 chase.

Tranmere I think and the reason given was so the local fans could see him!!!

:pochserious:

Who else from watching recent matches do you think will score for us? Gil? Son? No point in WB's as any crosses will never get to GIL or Son. White is a utility player and not a goal scorer and Scarlet & Parrott on loan. We have no choice. I will get excited by a Cup final but not yet another top 4 chase.
its a league 1 side..... you know how shit league 1 is? i fancy gil to get a goal yea. id fancy son to get a couple as well even as poor as he is right now.

its a league 1 side..... you know how shit league 1 is? i fancy gil to get a goal yea. id fancy son to get a couple as well even as poor as he is right now.
Not playing Kane is like saying we do not care about not winning trophies. GIL & Son can only score if someone bigger than them paves the way. With our injuries we only have Kane. Perisic being older needs a rest more than Kane and I would agree with that but if Conte picks a weak team and we struggle or lose then the stick the fans will give him will be justified.

Not playing Kane is like saying we do not care about not winning trophies. GIL & Son can only score if someone bigger than them paves the way. With our injuries we only have Kane. Perisic being older needs a rest more than Kane and I would agree with that but if Conte picks a weak team and we struggle or lose then the stick the fans will give him will be justified.
youd have kane on the bench for second half if it is looking in the balance. but he shouldnt be needed because they are a league 1 side. if kulu is fit hed probably play as hell need some minutes. we will have more than enough.

if kane starts against a side in league 1 and gets injured with NLD a week away we are well and truly fucked, and might as well give the scum the title on a plate. that would be as spursy as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom