Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies as haven’t had time to read back through the thread yet. Job done IMHO. Would have loved more goals but we did what we had to before a very intense period. Was my youngest’s first game today and the first time I’ve taken both kids. Huge thank you to the lovely STHs around me who enabled us to (a) shuffle tickets on the exchange to sit together and (b) enjoy the 1882 facilities and refreshments. Spurs fans are amazing. Far from perfect on the pitch but I loved the fact that Gil and Sarr are being given opportunities to get crucial PL experience. Both could be immense for us. On the flip side, anyone started a just giving page to send Sessegnon back to Fulham… and Royal to some other career as he’s a hideous attempt at a footballer… respectively?!

:mourweird:

Yeah…I’ve already said i think ENIC have taken us as far as they can,

Guess what though. I’d fucking appreciate it if you didn’t bring them up in every goddamn post you make.

We’re talking about the FA Cup. There’s a thread for Levy/ENIC. Go talk that shit in there. I’ll take no lectures from you about them.

Back on topic - no we should not be playing an entire team of fringe players. We’re Tottenham Hotspur and we should be taking the FA Cup seriously.

End.
Hey? Spursmalc brought up enic & levy not me. I just posted I would test the key men & play the fringe & youngsters. Spursmalc brought up levy & enic & said I want spurs to lose today so I can criticise enic & levy!
So Spursmalc asked me to start talking about levy & enic.

Gazza carried us that year. What an fa cup run it was.
A team of journeymen with Gazza and linekar providing some world class finishing and out of this world ability.

Although some on here will tell you we were aiming to be the “best” club. Finished mid table in the league of course…..

Off to find my rose tinted glasses to fit in with the (not so) cool kids.
For quite a period back then, it seemed we had some of the best & worst players in the division. Really odd mix & bunch.

Got news for you mate.....

Our 1991 FA cup win was 32 years ago........

:pochcry:

I remember it like it was yesterday

:contefacepalm2:
So long ago! Jumpers for goalposts. Those were the days. We lost to Woolwich in the semi finals a year later in a tight game but I can’t remember if we were unlucky. The Everton one was a shocker!
We lose a lot of semis. I also remember an unlucky handball loss against Newcastle a few years later & then Woolwich not long after by a single goal. It’s carried on this century too :vdvcry:

It's not a "test match" and that's why I'm for the whole band.

We have to take opponents and the game seriously.
Haughtiness comes before the event.

The best should line up and take the win.
Is there maybe more self-confidence in front of the NLD?!

COYS!!
Yeah it was a tough game in the end. Don’t think we will take much confidence from it but it’s a win & through to the next round. No injuries & a week off now. We will never know if we would have won with my weaker line up. I do think in general teams are taking this cup more serious than they did a few years ago. It be a great cup to win.

Free kicks, dunno why we bother.

As soon as we got the first, "Kane, just leave it!!". "Oh God. It's either into the wall or Row Zed". "Told yer!!"

Son over the bar.

Meanwhile some random bloke called Palmer for Coventry, hits the left post with one and hits the right hand net with the other. Can't be that difficult surely.

Im Bad Shia Labeouf GIF

Free kicks, dunno why we bother.

As soon as we got the first, "Kane, just leave it!!". "Oh God. It's either into the wall or Row Zed". "Told yer!!"

Son over the bar.

Meanwhile some random bloke called Palmer for Coventry, hits the left post with one and hits the right hand net with the other. Can't be that difficult surely.
It amazes me how the commentators and pundits expect anything else.

On the US feed the pundit was Michael Brown, perfect in that he'd played for both teams, probably supported neither. He was quite funny, occasionally insightful at a pretty low level and extremely even-handed throughout, if a bit dull.

After that Harry free kick that predictably hit the wall around the groin area however he was like he'd seen an apparition of the Virgin Mary - "I really didn't expect that!!!" he said, clearly amazed at what he had just seen.

Seriously Michael? It was exactly what I and hundred of thousands of Spurs fans had predicted seconds earlier.

For quite a period back then, it seemed we had some of the best & worst players in the division. Really odd mix & bunch.

Great memories of that time as a 15 year old.

Didn’t realise at the time how lucky I was to be seeing Gazza in the flesh.

Gazza, sedgely, Howells and samways…. What a midfield that was!!

So the annual discussion in the F.A./Woolwich boardroom tonight " Well lads Spurs are still in the cup, let´s throw them a tough "draw" as usual"
Not sure what a tough draw looks like at this stage. Newcastle are out, Liverpool have got a replay at Wolves and either Chelsea or Man City will be knocked out in the 3rd Round. I can't see Oxford beating Woolwich so I think they'll be around for the 4th Round Draw and the only other top team is United who beat Everton last night.

The reality is that we're capable of beating anyone just like we're capable of losing to anyone so maybe we shouldn't put so much stock into who we get. If we're up for it, we'll beat Liverpool at Anfield; if we're not, we'll lose at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

Let's just say, that injuries aside, we won't start many proper games with the 8 from between the sticks up to behind the front 3.

Terrible back 3 and middle 4 yesterday. People can pur over Skipp all they like but he's never done anything to suggest he's even close to PEH or Bentancur. Major card liability too the way he runs around lunging in. Straight out of the Winks book of "tackles" that.
Sarr is a complete unknown quantity but if he's going to get game time, I'd rather it was in a more solid midfield than the 4 we had out yesterday.

We got away with fielding a very average defence and midfield yesterday because the opposition were toothless.
Next game is a concern. We desperately need injured players back or else I don't think I can watch it.

Back
Top Bottom