Tottenham Hotspur v Portsmouth (FA Cup) (7th Jan - 12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If no signs of real life from sess remainder of the season - get rid.

Have had his back, but it's just not looking like it's going anywhere.

Just have to accept it.

On the plus side, BBC iPlayer means we don’t have to sit and listen to the pundits ripping us to shreds every half time. You know the usual culprits on Sky…

Ha! Fair enough! I recall he was not comfortable as a wingback, seeing himself more as a fullback. But I’m feeling desperate!
I totally get it. The last time we had competent wingbacks was when Rose and Walker were in their prime with us, so it’s been years. I don’t even think I’m being picky either on that. It’s literally been a revolving door of shit ever since. More than Reguilon, Trippier proved to be the one who got away, I think.

Hell, at this point I’d happily bring back KWP.

The difference in ability between Sessegnon and somebody like Mitoma at Brighton is startling. Straightline runner, okay for games when you have 40% of the ball, that's about it.

I mean, can you imagine someone being inspired to put in a bid after seeing his performances :mourloopy:

Our hope is that a club sees in him the makings of a serviceable RB, not RWB, or maybe RCB.

Best hope is a La Liga loan, must have done quite well over there to get a Barca move in first place

Conte’s system is wing backs and ours don’t offer much going forward. Why Emerson is on baffles me, not having a go at him he is a defensive RB and not a wing back but we don’t have much of an attacking threat from Pompy so why is Spence not playing.

Sarr has been really good looks a solid DM. Skipp a bit rusty hit and miss, everything else just meh.

Pompey making us work for it.... Fair play to 'em.

Severely lacking at WB. If we could beat a man in those areas it would open them right up.... As is, we're reliant on moments of individual quality that have yet to come.
They are defending with 8-9 players . So we have to go to the wings and then our wingbacks do nothing. How does Spence not play ahead of Emerson. Its troubling that Conte cant see it.

Back
Top Bottom