Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mauricio Pochettino: "I am so pleased and I'm proud. After four-and-a-half-years, the second half was the best performance I have seen Tottenham play. It was amazing and I think David de Gea made 11 saves which is unbelievable. In football, sometimes you deserve to win and don't and other times, you do not and you win. That is why we love football.

"We dominated in the first half but we didn't organised ourselves well when we lost Moussa Sissoko and that is how we conceded the goal. United were deeper in the second half, but to play against that system it was amazing to create 11 chances in the second half. I feel so proud and I am leaving Wembley with a good feeling.

"We conceded a counter attack in the first half but the second was the best performance I have seen. We were not clinical and sometimes you score with less opportunities but it is nothing to complain about. The team played unbelievable football and everyone who watched the game can feel the same as myself."

"My worry is that it was a bad tackle in the last moment. It wasn't the intention of the United player but it was a bad tackle and now he has bit of a swelling on his ankle and he was limping after the game.

"We are going to lose Son for the Asia Cup and if Harry Kane suffers an injury, it is going to be massive for us."

Bloke a few rows in front of me yesterday caught the ball and got his son to take a photo of him holding it - took about 30 seconds for him to throw it back, we'd just gone 1-0 down and the players were rushing to try to carve out a chance to equalise before half time.

I don't suppose you are reading this, but just in case I'd like to let you know that you Sir are a complete bellend.

Saw that from behind the goal, though didnt see the photo being taken. What a twat.

Bloke about 4 seats to the right of me got smashed straight in the face with one of our wayward shots. He was OK till it took a deflection of someones hand in front of him and diverted it straight at him.. Don't know what hurt more, the ball twatting him, or the abuse he got as his girlfriend was rubbing his face and consoling him...

Uniteds away support was loud last season, for all of 5 seconds!

They are a more genuine club than Citeh or Chavs and I've known some decent United fans over the years BUT the majority of them are self-entitled arrogant cunts who think all they have to do is click their fingers and every player and manager out there will come running to them.

They've not as bad as Red Scousers or Gooners but that's not exactly something to crow about.

They act as if they're as big of not bigger than Real Madrid but 12 to 3 says no!

I don’t think Olé has the tactical nuance to play any other way that his team has.

He’s got a bit of a feel of Ardiles about him , manager-wise

More saves in the 2nd half than a goalkeeper hasn't made so far this season. He made 11 saves in the 2nd half and no other keeper has made that amount in an entire match!!! Amazing when you consider the batterings Man City have given.

Typical Spurs but nobody can say we didn't give it a good old go as the game went on. 9 times out of 10 we win that one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom