Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yea. Drop Dele deeper with Winks. Or play Winks and Skipp. Dier is due back.

We played better than Man Utd. De Gea kept them from a thrashing (aided by below par finishing) and a mistake from defence.

Shit happens. I'm gutted. But I'm not gonna rag on the club just cos we lost a game.
Each to their own but I don't think we should be relying on winks & skipp in the heart of the midfield. Good on you for remaining positive but I feel like poch deserves a stronger squad at his disposal.

Again I didn't advocate for replacing Kane.
Rather more depth means that we have more options if certain players aren't on it.
There is no doubt that a better fullback would not have made the mistakes Trippier did today. United scoring also cost us a draw.

I will give u that there is prob an upgrade to be made at right back. But it's not Trips fault that Dele, Kane, etc couldn't put away chances they normally would.

You can't hang Trips out to dry when other players didn't do their jobs either.

And we all kno that Kane can go 5 games without scoring (he's gone 1 game currently), he isn't going to be replaced.

Again, despite the error, we should have won today. I was annoyed half time with no shots on target. Second half has cheered me up. Let the media believe Utd are back. Let Ole get all the praise. Let us get back to doing things quietly well.

Sorry, but today just amplified a problem that has haunted us for far too long.

We lack sharpness and aren't clinical in big moments.

We should've been running riot today. 5 or 6 goals.

Well, sometimes we score 5, 6, or 7, but our finishing, most of the games, are not so accurate, De Gea was a monster, but we lost chances, a lot of chances, and if you lose 10 chances there's always bad finishing involved.
How exactly was he a monster? Apart from 2 saves every other chance would've been a mistake on his side if he conceeded. You have to blame ouf offense for not pulling off a single accurate or even semi-accurate shot.

Poch just managed to show United he is far better than OGS and at the same time they leave with 3 points.

Another day a much different result.

Bollocks.

(Still love you Spurs. And you football - even though you can be a total bastard)

I will give u that there is prob an upgrade to be made at right back. But it's not Trips fault that Dele, Kane, etc couldn't put away chances they normally would.

You can't hang Trips out to dry when other players didn't do their jobs either.

And we all kno that Kane can go 5 games without scoring (he's gone 1 game currently), he isn't going to be replaced.

Again, despite the error, we should have won today. I was annoyed half time with no shots on target. Second half has cheered me up. Let the media believe Utd are back. Let Ole get all the praise. Let us get back to doing things quietly well.
Aye I agree with you there.
I just think a larger bench gives us more goal scoring options.

:pochbye:

Back
Top Bottom