Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On another day that would have been 3 or 4-1. Totally smashed them in the second half; they looked pretty bad at the back. Hey ho, that is the way it goes sometimes.

But of course all the talk now is what a wonderful job Solskjaer has done , it wouldn't have looked as good if the scoreline had reflected the game.
But then again the cunts did a right number on us didn't they, not content with daylight robbery that got 3 undeserved points but they also smashed our top goalscorer out so their charge at the top4 will be that much easier.

He did remarkably well but looking at where most of our shots ended up I do think bad finishing is more to blame than anything else:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-14-at-13.33.49.png

9 shots all directly down the goalkeepers throats and what can you expect really?
FML. End of discussion.

We should have won yesterday on chances created.

Everyone can see that but lost. Bad luck? Not for me. How football is at times? Yep but it's 6 losses this season.

Pochettino saying the 2nd half was the best we had played in his 4 and a half years is nonsense. We were better against Liverpool last season at Anfield off the top of my head and I am sure I could example other performances.

We can talk about 16 wins (great) but 6 losses. I will always argue that a strong team maybe wins 14 of those, draws 5 ot 6 and maybe loses 2 or 3. And the top 2 teams so far this season (and likeliest to win the title have what stats?)

We lack options of the requisite quality. How they get into the squad and by that I also mean whether they cost 40 million plus or are picked up as a bargain matters not a jot. We are 2 or 3 players short.

Our squad has been beset by injuries and obviously that has been a problem but for me we lack depth in quality and have been found wanting a bit too much. So our defence has been good but not quite good enough. Our midfield and attack the same. In essence no area of the team has been top notch this season and you don't mount title challenges unless you top the stats in one of those areas.

Will January see new additions? I guess the answer will show where our ambitions lie for this season because with our fingers in all pies it seems obvious we are being stretched and may not get over the finishing line again.
I have no intention of getting involved in your debate, but come on. A top team wins 2 fewer games and is on the same points or 1 less than we are now? That makes no sense at all.

I don’t know your employment history but in some of the jobs I’ve had that sort of banter was commonplace

And you’ll find that one usually my posts get aggressive when I’m similarly addressed but unlike you I don’t whine about it

You had a go at me before Xmas for telling Blakey to fuck off in our ongoing cunt off regarding Sissoko which was none of your business btw but you chose to get involved as u have here!
You told me that I should respect other posters opinions and here you are telling people what and what not to post and even offering counselling advice!!!
Pmsl

Your hypocrisy is staggering

This is The Fighting Cockerel

Plenty of other Spurs Forums where the posters are nice to each other if this is too much for you

But I’m not going to change the way I post because you don’t like it
Who said I don't like it, I just think that people who revel in their ability to be blunt and rude to be worthless individuals with tiny minds.
My hypocrisy staggers you does it? About what, exactly? I don't have any problems about people holding opinions - But I do have an issue about people being abusive and insulting, posting lies about other posters, calling people paediphiles etc etc
Have I ever hit you with abuse and expletive laden tirades? Because you do.
I spent 20 years in the army Baz where that kind of shit was a day long experience, so I can deal with it, but see no real reason why I should put up with it or embrace it.
There's a difference between holding an opinion and defending it with thought and logic - and simply resorting to abuse laden tirades.
The fact is it's simple, you wouldn't speak face to face like you do on here , because you would spend most of your time picking your teeth out of your shoelaces.
So why do it?

Who said I don't like it, I just think that people who revel in their ability to be blunt and rude to be worthless individuals with tiny minds.
My hypocrisy staggers you does it? About what, exactly? I don't have any problems about people holding opinions - But I do have an issue about people being abusive and insulting, posting lies about other posters, calling people paediphiles etc etc
Have I ever hit you with abuse and expletive laden tirades? Because you do.
I spent 20 years in the army Baz where that kind of shit was a day long experience, so I can deal with it, but see no real reason why I should put up with it or embrace it.
There's a difference between holding an opinion and defending it with thought and logic - and simply resorting to abuse laden tirades.
The fact is it's simple, you wouldn't speak face to face like you do on here , because you would spend most of your time picking your teeth out of your shoelaces.
So why do it?

I agree with you about the paedophilic remarks and I don’t get the ‘mother’ abuse jokes
I steer clear of them and put the Multi on ignore because of it

But having a cunt off can be fun so if you don’t like it don’t join or don’t preach against those who do

I still think you’re a hypocrite though but have refrained from using abuse

Happy??

I'm not preaching anything, but surely you see the same pattern that I do. We win and everything is rosy and as soon as we lose, the manager doesn't know his arse from his elbow, needs coaching on how to select and when to introduce subs, Levy is a tight arsed twat, we need world class players in the window and Alli, Kane, Son and Eriksen are all shite and should be dropped
And then the bitchfest kicks off, and the 12 year olds get on their dads pc and it's who can trot out the most immature insult time.
So many good posters get lost because of it.

You’re right but do you expect anything different?

We’re self regulating which I think is good
Not perfect but much better than other Forums

I got banned for alleged racism for a week last year because my remarks were misconstrued but I took it on the chin although I thought it was wrong at the time
Anyone that knows me would be astounded at that allegation but there you are

I’ve tried to explain to you that you tend to interfere in other posters having a cunt off and then start lecturing on how they should or should not post and you’ve done it with me which pissed me off hence my reaction

But you carry on as you seem to be in denial

You’re right but do you expect anything different?

We’re self regulating which I think is good
Not perfect but much better than other Forums

I got banned for alleged racism for a week last year because my remarks were misconstrued but I took it on the chin although I thought it was wrong at the time
Anyone that knows me would be astounded at that allegation but there you are

I’ve tried to explain to you that you tend to interfere in other posters having a cunt off and then start lecturing on how they should or should not post and you’ve done it with me which pissed me off hence my reaction

But you carry on as you seem to be in denial
Yeah, go ahead
Another self proclaimed psychiatrist capable of on line analysis of someone the think they know on the basis of exchanges on a football news group.
I'm not in denial of anything Baz, my attitude towards the pointless slanging matches is my opinion just like Sissoko being world class is yours.
If you don't like what I have to say, you'll have to deal with it in anyway you see fit, but save me from your popcorn psychiatry.

Yeah, go ahead
Another self proclaimed psychiatrist capable of on line analysis of someone the think they know on the basis of exchanges on a football news group.
I'm not in denial of anything Baz, my attitude towards the pointless slanging matches is my opinion just like Sissoko being world class is yours.
If you don't like what I have to say, you'll have to deal with it in anyway you see fit, but save me from your popcorn psychiatry.

Don’t lie or try and twist my words Mick

Quote me when I’ve EVER said Sissoko was world class

Unworthy of you

You’re a hypocrite in complete denial who likes to dispense ‘popcorn psychiatry’ himself but is the first to accuse others of doing it

:avbhumph:

where's the lie you daft bugger, you do not ALLOW anyone to say a damn thing negative about the guy - you might not have made a statement that he is, but your behaviour in protecting his sainted reputation suggests that you believe him to be.
This is how your post and behaviour appears on this forum, your posts, your words - thats the impression that comes across.

A hypocrite about what? The fact that I have repeatedly said that people don't have to be abusive when posting?
Calling me a liar (for mild hyperbole) and calling me a hypocrite for having and maintaining a POV about unnecessary abuse makes me a hypocrite does it?

I don't think you actually know what you are pissed off at me about Baz, you just KNOW that you feel you should be.

This is a surreal post exchange. I'm done with it, I have better things to do, and I'm sure you have too

So you can’t find anywhere that I’ve posted that I think Sissoko is World Class

Thought not

Call it hyperbole if you like but I call it deliberately lying to make a point

Now waiting for your next post where you stick your nose in on matters that don’t concern you giving advice on how and what to post in the process

Won’t take long

Back
Top Bottom