Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’re right but do you expect anything different?

We’re self regulating which I think is good
Not perfect but much better than other Forums

I got banned for alleged racism for a week last year because my remarks were misconstrued but I took it on the chin although I thought it was wrong at the time
Anyone that knows me would be astounded at that allegation but there you are

I’ve tried to explain to you that you tend to interfere in other posters having a cunt off and then start lecturing on how they should or should not post and you’ve done it with me which pissed me off hence my reaction

But you carry on as you seem to be in denial
Yeah, go ahead
Another self proclaimed psychiatrist capable of on line analysis of someone the think they know on the basis of exchanges on a football news group.
I'm not in denial of anything Baz, my attitude towards the pointless slanging matches is my opinion just like Sissoko being world class is yours.
If you don't like what I have to say, you'll have to deal with it in anyway you see fit, but save me from your popcorn psychiatry.

I'm rattled because your posts depend on who you're replying to.

Twatti slags off our players and you jump to his defence like a spineless cliquey prat despite your main issue being people not happy with squad depth.

Common on this forum, people dish out Xs and get into heated debates about certain shit but when their allies say the same or worse there's silence, weak men.

Oh mate the gymnastics is something else too.

Airclitt reckons that despite twatti saying we have the worst fullbacks in the top half of the league he doesn't want signings to replace them lmao.

Look.... I'm pretty thick skinned; you've not genuinely offended me with anything of the name-calling (although you or scott scott are close with the bullshit of trying to tie me into some forum racism-shitstorm that I likely know fuck all about!) so I won't pretend otherwise for theatre's sake.

Think back to the beginning off all this... I enquired what Totti's post had to do with signings, whilst noting that I assumed he would speak for himself anyway as to the pasting you were giving him. I didn't immediately tear your comments to pieces or slag you off. Rightly or wrongly I took Totti's comments to be rant in leu of the performance (notably DURING said performance itself); most of the line-up got a rinsing, it didn't come across as a mass shopping request....

Pick that to pieces however you must, but please spare us both this clique/conspiracy votes talk... Why continue to ignore the fact that in the last 48 hours, I've bickered with Totti about a number of things? Seeing you have gained an impression of whatever sort of person you think I am, surely you must have at least noticed me have a barney with pretty much everyone/anyone at one point or another... All the people that REALLY get on my tits, I have on ignore. Occasionally I'm stupid enough to lift the lid to see what the mania is all about and end up bickering with one of a few obvious candidates, but you don't see me at war with these people on a day to day basis do you?

Not everyone here is deep in the old skool TFC, and have multi's n' shit like that...

I stopped smoking weed since NYD I'll calm down when I get used to it.

Good luck... That shit's tough if you've been at it for years.

What questions have I dodged? At worst I miss some notifications as I have lots atm.

I've praised Levy many times and am not calling for his head. I love Poch more than anyone here (I literally believe he should not be criticised for anything). But I know you'd love to put me into a camp like a wanker yet I'm the binary one.

If it's an emergency then no I don't blame Poch for not throwing his toys out of the pram. I would hold my tongue and then if no changes come (depending on what's been promised and the timeframe) I'd just walk.

Good. The footy stuff... The usual question that nobody is fond of is the one that you missed:

You stated you wanted "a few key players on par with CE & HK".... How are we gonna pay north of £250m (@£150k+ p/week each)... Like I say, you might be right; it might be the only way we bridge this gap; but:

How do we do that if the cash isn't there for that kind of outlay (let's face it we must be loaned up to the hilt, at least until we open the doors of NWHL and the extra rent at Wembley can't help interim matters either)?

As for an emergency signing... Although I don't share your sense of drama in terms of "if [you] were Poch you'd walk" if we don't spend; I've already stated I feel it necessary to sign someone if we can (esp. with Dembele's exit freeing up a squad spot). Ideally that'd be someone we had on our radar anyway (i.e. for the summer), but if such options aren't available; I'm concerned that Poch would PREFER to wait and buy no-one (ref: his "no players for the sake of it" mantra).... Does this same mantra not ring true when, amidst what may be described as a striker crisis; Poch re-affirms Jansen is finished.

The point of me asking about Levy is, again, to underline that there's a lot of synergy between he and Poch. IF Poch is part of the above call; it seems illogical to me that he'd fuck off because of it.

Lets face it, Levy always cops the flack when it comes to players, but Poch IS part of the equation.

Yeah, go ahead
Another self proclaimed psychiatrist capable of on line analysis of someone the think they know on the basis of exchanges on a football news group.
I'm not in denial of anything Baz, my attitude towards the pointless slanging matches is my opinion just like Sissoko being world class is yours.
If you don't like what I have to say, you'll have to deal with it in anyway you see fit, but save me from your popcorn psychiatry.

Don’t lie or try and twist my words Mick

Quote me when I’ve EVER said Sissoko was world class

Unworthy of you

You’re a hypocrite in complete denial who likes to dispense ‘popcorn psychiatry’ himself but is the first to accuse others of doing it

:avbhumph:

Don’t lie or try and twist my words Mick

Quote me when I’ve EVER said Sissoko was world class

Unworthy of you

You’re a hypocrite in complete denial who likes to dispense ‘popcorn psychiatry’ himself but is the first to accuse others of doing it

:avbhumph:
where's the lie you daft bugger, you do not ALLOW anyone to say a damn thing negative about the guy - you might not have made a statement that he is, but your behaviour in protecting his sainted reputation suggests that you believe him to be.
This is how your post and behaviour appears on this forum, your posts, your words - thats the impression that comes across.

A hypocrite about what? The fact that I have repeatedly said that people don't have to be abusive when posting?
Calling me a liar (for mild hyperbole) and calling me a hypocrite for having and maintaining a POV about unnecessary abuse makes me a hypocrite does it?

I don't think you actually know what you are pissed off at me about Baz, you just KNOW that you feel you should be.

This is a surreal post exchange. I'm done with it, I have better things to do, and I'm sure you have too

Last edited:
where's the lie you daft bugger, you do not ALLOW anyone to say a damn thing negative about the guy - you might not have made a statement that he is, but your behaviour in protecting his sainted reputation suggests that you believe him to be.
This is how your post and behaviour appears on this forum, your posts, your words - thats the impression that comes across.

A hypocrite about what? The fact that I have repeatedly said that people don't have to be abusive when posting?
Calling me a liar (for mild hyperbole) and calling me a hypocrite for having and maintaining a POV about unnecessary abuse makes me a hypocrite does it?

I don't think you actually know what you are pissed off at me about Baz, you just KNOW that you feel you should be.

This is a surreal post exchange. I'm done with it, I have better things to do, and I'm sure you have too

So you can’t find anywhere that I’ve posted that I think Sissoko is World Class

Thought not

Call it hyperbole if you like but I call it deliberately lying to make a point

Now waiting for your next post where you stick your nose in on matters that don’t concern you giving advice on how and what to post in the process

Won’t take long

c7c.jpg

May Utd were lucky as fuck, 9 times out of 10 they were leaving Wembley with a good spanking and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wishing he was still in Molda.....
Targeting Trippier? Does anyone actually think Pogba went “O look, there’s Rashford 50 yards up field and it’s Trippier who’s on him, and I remember quite clearly what the gaffer said yesterday, I must target Trippier, so if I could only hump this ball 2 thirds of the field to Rashford we’r in”......
Anyway, let them praise the little elf as some kind of tactical genius (and ignore the large slice of luck involved here) and hopefully they give him the job permanently, so we can all laugh at him being fired in 18 months time like the 3 mangers before him!!!

As it has been brought up.

We lost because we were not accurate enough in our finishing on the day and not because of bad luck.

Why do I say that? Because if it is bad luck to hit the goalie or to miss gilt edged chances then it is only lucky that Kane and Son have scored as many goals as they have this season. Take your pick.

Bottom line is there are ebbs and flows in games and seasons which can come to define them at times and also occasions when teams have a chance to make a statement.

Last Sunday was one and we lost. Worse was that we did not even draw. A failing.

So not bad luck as opposed to poor finishing. Distinctly different unless you want to gloss over the facts.

Back
Top Bottom