Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To paraphrase, something along the lines of "They [Tottenham] need to carry on...whether it is with me or someone else".

Basically referring to us in third person and putting the question out there that he may not be here.

Maybe he said that because he's thinking Levy is fed up?

First choice goal keeper and club captain dropped for FA cup semi final against Manu, Vorm hardly played all season, just saying.

Neither goal was his fault just saying. Other factors are hard to account for (organization, passing). Would have preferred to see Lloris start so in that I agree with you but can’t blame Bjork for this

Edit: Vorm, not Bjork, but thank you auto correct, we’ll blame Bjork for this one

Still traveling home. Wrenched.

Electric first 20; gash after that. Kane's movement was so poor that I'm now convinced he's still carrying injury. Poch would have been well within his rights to haul him off, put Son up top and bring on Moura or Lamela to change the shape. Why he persisted is beyond me.

United fans were absolute cunts afterwards; parading past one of our flags that I assume someone had dropped, spitting on it as they passed. Such simulated hatred.

Also got elbowed in the head by a Spurs fan as I tried to stop him wading into a brawl with far too many United fans. Should have let him, the rubber prick.

Ffffffff. What a shite day.

Those comments were the strangest thing to come out of today. Very weird and worrying.

He was replying to a "Tottenham have lost 8 FA Cup Semi Finals in a row" question. As that happened over an extended period of time, most of which he was not manager he replied in the 3d person sing. to better match his answer to the question. Quite elegant really, and not worrying for a second.

Kane/Dele/Eriksen aren't going anywhere. They seem to have bought into what we're building here.
Toby, well that might be another story. And that would be a huge loss, granted.
I still believe in the way this club is being built...

Here's my question and response to that, and not aimed at you in particular.

What are we "building" because if beating Rochdale, Swansea, Newport, and Swansea but losing to another PL team in a semi final (like we did to Chelsea) represents "building" then just how many floors are to be added before the roof goes on and the building is topped off?

To suggest that Kane, Dele and Eriksen "aren't going anywhere" reminds me of the time when Carrick, Sheringham, Keane, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, and Walker "weren't going anywhere" either.

Call me old fashioned but even Steve Wonder can read where this is all going to end and it ain't fucking pretty. I can't blame half of those players who played today for wanting out, because the other half of that side is simply not good enough, and to be honest if deep down we are truthful the team hasn't really made any bigger an impact than the one that Redknapp managed when you talk in terms of winning silverware, or becoming a Bridesmaid.

We are not going to make next seasons CL through our natural ability, but because of the demise of Woolwich and the imploding of Chelsea that happens every other season.

And that is still not nailed on.

Fifty years i have been following Spurs and thirty five years a season ticket holder, and i am still to see a Tottenham side fulfill it's potential for any length of time (the Burkinshaw era being the exception). Today's result shouldn't have hurt anyone, as the rinse and repeating should have made most of us numb to the fact.

Flame away.

He was replying to a "Tottenham have lost 8 FA Cup Semi Finals in a row" question. As that happened over an extended period of time, most of which he was not manager he replied in the 3d person sing. to better match his answer to the question. Quite elegant really, and not worrying for a second.

That makes no sense.

Our first of the 8 semi final losses was 1993. So Tottenham "Need to keep going in the same direction", as in 1993?

I don't think that answer adds up. "Carry on" is future context. 1993 is past context. Poch was clearly talking about the future

Just got done by the curry delivery guy.

Opened the door.

He sees my Spurs shirt.

“Big win for you tod... oh ... sorry”

I pissed myself laughing .... wanted to kill the wanker.

This is how it’s going to be for a while ffs

Here's my question and response to that, and not aimed at you in particular.

What are we "building" because if beating Rochdale, Swansea, Newport, and Swansea but losing to another PL team in a semi final (like we did to Chelsea) represents "building" then just how many floors are to be added before the roof goes on and the building is topped off?

To suggest that Kane, Dele and Eriksen "aren't going anywhere" reminds me of the time when Carrick, Sheringham, Keane, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, and Walker "weren't going anywhere" either.

Call me old fashioned but even Steve Wonder can read where this is all going to end and it ain't fucking pretty. I can't blame half of those players who played today for wanting out, because the other half of that side is simply not good enough, and to be honest if deep down we are truthful the team hasn't really made any bigger an impact than the one that Redknapp managed when you talk in terms of winning silverware, or becoming a Bridesmaid.

We are not going to make next seasons CL through our natural ability, but because of the demise of Woolwich and the imploding of Chelsea that happens every other season.

And that is still not nailed on.

Fifty years i have been following Spurs and thirty five years a season ticket holder, and i am still to see a Tottenham side fulfill it's potential for any length of time (the Burkinshaw era being the exception). Today's result shouldn't have hurt anyone, as the rinse and repeating should have made most of us numb to the fact.

Flame away.

I think the Tottenham Project is going to constantly be 1 step forward 2 steps back.

For every prospect we buy, for every player who finds another level we will sell someone important E.g. Walker.

New stadium. Considerable debt and told not to expect big spending.

Team look to be growing and maturing. Sell Walker to a direct rival and seed dissent.

Buy Sanchez, an amazing prospect. Toby decides he wants to leave.

I think it's just going to repeat over and over with Kane, Dele, Eriksen and so on.

How do you explain this one, which is clearly about the future?

Agree- referring to the team in the third person, and not as a collective 'we' voice is at least a sign that he's looking at it as an individual from the outside for now. Not sure if it's just a translation/poor english thing, but it's not exactly a great sign.
It's deliberate looking at the quotes. I think it's a warning to Levy about wages and signings. The outcome will be interesting to see.

No fucking urgency at any point. Last year was disappointing as we gave it everything. this year dogshit after they scored. Becoming masters of the 'to me to you to me back to you' passing game
Fucking frustrating. 5 mins added time and still playing slowly. 10 passes and still not crossed in. We cannot play against the lesser teams or the master or anti football José. Cannot keep moving thr ball slowly and not going for the killer thru ball when we can see someone making the run in behind. All too easy and slow. Our start was exactly the opposite. But when it matters we fold if the other team score against the run of play. We can never get back in it after that. Also disappointed in poch. Wanyama for dembele at 2-1 down???? Get llorene and lamela on. Something that might possibly change the game.

Back
Top Bottom