Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That makes no sense.

Our first of the 8 semi final losses was 1993. So Tottenham "Need to keep going in the same direction", as in 1993?

I don't think that answer adds up. "Carry on" is future context. 1993 is past context. Poch was clearly talking about the future

Me arguing any further will only add to your confusion.. Q&As are complicated

It's deliberate looking at the quotes. I think it's a warning to Levy about wages and signings. The outcome will be interesting to see.
Which would be weird given the rumors of £120m to spend in the summer and the new revenue coming in next season.

Honestly, after a match like this, Poch needs to look in the mirror. Why a Madrid or PSG or whoever would want a manager that hasn’t won a big elimination match is beyond me.

Which would be weird given the rumors of £120m to spend in the summer and the new revenue coming in next season.

Honestly, after a match like this, Poch needs to look in the mirror. Why a Madrid or PSG or whoever would want a manager that hasn’t won a big elimination match is beyond me.
Isn't the £120M after we recoup £50M from tobys sale?

Agree- referring to the team in the third person, and not as a collective 'we' voice is at least a sign that he's looking at it as an individual from the outside for now. Not sure if it's just a translation/poor english thing, but it's not exactly a great sign.

Scenes on here if he replaces Wenger

ukraine3.gif.da7f3b05d968e0f6f2ca1d727d0cad44.gif

Isn't the £120M after we recoup £50M from tobys sale?
Sure? I mean it’s all rumors, but Levy isn’t stupid. He didn’t spend money before because it wasn’t there. That’s not going to be a reason going forward, especially if some of the stadium naming rights rumors are true.

Scenes on here if he replaces Wenger

ukraine3.gif.da7f3b05d968e0f6f2ca1d727d0cad44.gif
Why would he even be interested? Madrid/PSG rumors at least were logical in terms of Poch’s playing career, European standing, financial resources, etc..

Woolwich will be nearly level with us in terms of financial resources, and I don’t think Poch is much interested in managing another big club in England - that’s not usually how it works and the only rumors have been Poch to United and those always just seemed like some intern at the Sun was bored.

Do you go to work? Do you have friends? Do you ever go out in public? Do you have family members?

I'm sure there's a million people right now dreading going to work on Monday because some cunt is going to sit next to them and take the piss. Not many of us can simply "switch off" these things like we can the internet.

Lol.... You sound like such a fucking baby right now.

I think the Tottenham Project is going to constantly be 1 step forward 2 steps back.

For every prospect we buy, for every player who finds another level we will sell someone important E.g. Walker.

New stadium. Considerable debt and told not to expect big spending.

Team look to be growing and maturing. Sell Walker to a direct rival and seed dissent.

Buy Sanchez, an amazing prospect. Toby decides he wants to leave.

I think it's just going to repeat over and over with Kane, Dele, Eriksen and so on.

Listening to Poch post match i do agree with him that we have to limit our expectations, and realise that we may be close to the top table, but not sitting at it.

I don't read anything into the presses idea that he was talking about Tottenham from a departure standpoint (his last few sentences suggested otherwise), but he has to be supported by the Club in order to recruit one or two better players that we are financing now.

Sissoko, Aurier, and Llorente are just not good enough and this is why i think we are where we are and will remain so.

Some of you lot are an embarrassment.. you’re the first to say oh let’s pop over to RAwK or Red Cafe or Woolwich fan tv after they lose and comment on how embarrassing they are after a defeat.

Reading some of your comments, you are worse than anything I’ve seen elsewhere.

The sad thing is I was fully expecting it, I am confident of us beating anyone in the league but when it comes to the cups and the pressure is on I just know we will never produce. If we cannot win against an average United side at ground which has been our home for the season then when will we ever?

Meh, Levy can start getting impatient after he opens the purse strings next year. Right now I’m sure he will be more than satisfied with CL football going into the new stadium.

And yes, drunk you are.
Lol sorry I’m just disappointed man, I exprected a lot from this game.

Back
Top Bottom