Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No fucking urgency at any point. Last year was disappointing as we gave it everything. this year dogshit after they scored. Becoming masters of the 'to me to you to me back to you' passing game
Fucking frustrating. 5 mins added time and still playing slowly. 10 passes and still not crossed in. We cannot play against the lesser teams or the master or anti football José. Cannot keep moving thr ball slowly and not going for the killer thru ball when we can see someone making the run in behind. All too easy and slow. Our start was exactly the opposite. But when it matters we fold if the other team score against the run of play. We can never get back in it after that. Also disappointed in poch. Wanyama for dembele at 2-1 down???? Get llorene and lamela on. Something that might possibly change the game.
You were about to get an agree until you mentioned llorente . Soz

It all has a smidge about 90's Newcastle this. That team was always said to be on the cusp of greatness yet time after time they would win fuck all under Keegan while playing top 4 quality football and always seemed to never get over the line. I worry if the same will happen to these group of players and Poch and we will underachieve in the forthcoming years while parading we have the squad to win it all.

You were about to get an agree until you mentioned llorente . Soz

Erm it's a better sub then wanyama for dembele at that point in a game we are chasing. Even that great big lump llorente might have done something if camped in the box in support of kane. I appreciate you agreed with everything else i said tho.

To paraphrase, something along the lines of "They [Tottenham] need to carry on...whether it is with me or someone else".

Basically referring to us in third person and putting the question out there that he may not be here.

Seems to be some confusion around what Poch actually said. I think that "we" is more likely.

We’ll just bring the next guy in to build in our never ending runner up project

Easier said than done when in recent years the EFL Cup has been won by Swansea and Birmingham, the FA Cup by Wigan and the PL by fucking Leicester, it takes special care to select the managers that ensure we never win anything :levylol:

The vorm selection was completley the correct decision.

Hugo has been terrible lately and has made numerous costly mistakes. Add to that Vorm has played every round until now. Add to that Poch brought Hugo back in last seasons semi and he proceeded to concede 4 goals.

Poch made the right call there.

Not disagreeing but Vorm should have done better with the second goal

Not sure if you noticed this, but Toby is not just "A CB". He helps us to play better offensively with his long passes that set the team off. It's not like all he does is defend...

But he does defend well and his partnership with Jan is superb

Which would be weird given the rumors of £120m to spend in the summer and the new revenue coming in next season.

Honestly, after a match like this, Poch needs to look in the mirror. Why a Madrid or PSG or whoever would want a manager that hasn’t won a big elimination match is beyond me.
They are only rumours with next to nothing of truth and Poch's hands will be tired again . Never been allowed to buy winners but only prospects/make do' s realism kicks in that it is impossible to win anything here especially with first teamers wanting to leave.

Some of you lot are an embarrassment.. you’re the first to say oh let’s pop over to RAwK or Red Cafe or Woolwich fan tv after they lose and comment on how embarrassing they are after a defeat.

Reading some of your comments, you are worse than anything I’ve seen elsewhere.

Exactly mate. Bunch of fairweather melting prats with no self awareness.

Heading back from the game, been a long day stuck with a bunch of Utd fans. Thought we were the better team, if we’d taken those chances in the first 20 mins it’d have been a different story.

Difference in the teams is that Utd have that winning mentality, comes from 27 years of winning every sodding thing!

We need to find that, push past that final barrier, we’ve instilled some iron in the team, all we need is that last bit of belief.

Back
Top Bottom