Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm as gutted as anyone mate. I just always wonder what it must be like going to Wembley expecting to win.
Yeah I don’t deny we miss that final 1% but we’ll get there. I expect us to win something next year - League, CL or FA Cup.

And I think, another perspective, it’s exactly because you expect to win that it’s so gutting when we lose

1b63fa444e4fcc5de2d94fb99a0d5585.png

8491dcf2272c5c87b7e501511888d4d7.png

This is the sort of shit the players should read, just like us fans. We have to deal with this day in day out while they sit in an ivory tower.

We don't need to "Think and move on", as Poch says. We need to feel pain so we learn what it means to lose and to win.

With all due respect, you didn’t have to read this, you chose to.

With all due respect, you didn’t have to read this, you chose to.

Do you go to work? Do you have friends? Do you ever go out in public? Do you have family members?

I'm sure there's a million people right now dreading going to work on Monday because some cunt is going to sit next to them and take the piss. Not many of us can simply "switch off" these things like we can the internet.

No, its a fucking dumb question and you know it.

I support Spurs as passionately as you or anyone else which is why im on here fucking melting tonight

What I dont support is a small time fucking transfer policy that sees us trouser the profits from players like Walker and replace with cheaper prospects.

A policy that sees us lose 8 semi finals in a row and win just one league cup in two pissing decades
We didn't lose today because of pur transfer policy.

We also haven't lost those 8 semi finals under Enic. So how can you blame all those on Enic.

Agenda.

You're literally blaming results under other owners on Enic.

Agenda proved.

Pochettino has previously said we but maybe the moment or maybe for the monent even he feels he needs to hear and see from his paymasters the kind of backing that changes the comment to a statement of inclusion.

But interesting and may develop.
Maybe he realises he has taen us as far as he can, under the restraints he's forced to work under.

Hope not, but we'll see

We could have had 2-3 in that opening 20 on another day, had Moose not uncharacteristaclly lost out naively against Pogba they didn't look like getting back in to it. Then the game turned. Very disappointing. I'm not gonna melt though, I would have loved to have gone through and won it but knew today was gonna be decided by a mistake.

What I will say is the fans in the stadium were a credit even if the team were not, United fans were awful. Didn't make any noise until both goals and then sore losers abusing fellas with their children on the way to Wembley Park.

The first 20 minutes we showed how talented we are and man for man we are better than almost every team we face.

The next 70 we showed we are weak mentally as a squad when the going gets tough.

If any game could sum up what’s it like being a spurs fan it was that one.

Absolutely heartbroken again.
100%

How can we collapse when it was so clear that we could outplay MU. Everything fell apart.

I refuse to blame Pochettino or the players. It is too easy to do that.

I do think there are further lessons to be learned though but what they are and if they will be learned under Pochettino I don't know.

We are the equal of all bar City, even if United have a stronger overall squad but there is something that won't be overcome until it's overcome.

Last edited:
Do you go to work? Do you have friends? Do you ever go out in public? Do you have family members?

I'm sure there's a million people right now dreading going to work on Monday because some cunt is going to sit next to them and take the piss. Not many of us can simply "switch off" these things like we can the internet.

Of course, but I don’t decide to make it worse for myself by going on a rival teams forum to read their pissstaking when I’m already fucking heartbroken.

Those comments were the strangest thing to come out of today. Very weird and worrying.

Agree- referring to the team in the third person, and not as a collective 'we' voice is at least a sign that he's looking at it as an individual from the outside for now. Not sure if it's just a translation/poor english thing, but it's not exactly a great sign.

Back
Top Bottom