Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top rated comments from the BBC article about todays match:
1b63fa444e4fcc5de2d94fb99a0d5585.png

8491dcf2272c5c87b7e501511888d4d7.png

This is the sort of shit the players should read, just like us fans. We have to deal with this day in day out while they sit in an ivory tower.

We don't need to "Think and move on", as Poch says. We need to feel pain so we learn what it means to lose and to win.

Last edited:
Hey Jayc1 though I have quoted you, this isn't meant to be aimed just at you.

This in a nutshell.

I remember one of the first Tottenham games I ever watched we were losing 2 or 3-0 in Europe. You wouldn't think it though. All you could hear was the crowd singing "Come on you Spurs". They didn't give up even at 2-0 down, even at 3-0 down.

I remember in our first CL season in 2011 when we played against Real Madrid and we lost the first leg 4-0. Even then there was still belief that we MIGHT somehow come through it in the 2nd leg.

There's none of that anymore.

That would have been great to hear tonight... but have you ever thought about yourself. For all I know you do cheer with all your might throughout the game.

But you probably don't.

From what I see from you on here; you're one of the most pessimistic cunts. Have you ever thought that maybe all those who aren't cheering are doing the same shit you are... they are spamming forums, Twitter etc with shit about how it use to be. With shit about how Poch got it wrong. With shit about how certain players sucked.

You said
Many fans of Southampton warned us that Poch would often choose players in the "in-crowd" and would be overly sentimental. Playing people even when he should not.

Davies and Trippier are not title winning full backs.

Dier is not a title winning CM.

Dembele is old and was responsible for the first goal 100% and imo has cost us that semi-final.

Alli and Sanchez are nothing more than prospects who may make it.

Kane should not have played any of the last 3 games.

Toby should have played this game. So should Lloris.

The players seem too comfortable with Poch and like they're undropable. Buying "competition" is pointless if that competition never plays, because then the starting players still feel comfortable.

Trippier and Davis are pretty much the best in the EPL (or close to it). I never hear "oh shit if only we have Young playing at left back. That would make us a title winning team..."

IMO Dier is great. He is still error prone. He seems to becoming more solid, but also more complacent.

Dembele is one of our best. Yes he fucked up this game. He gave the ball away when he shouldn't have. But it was on the touchline; it wasn't in the middle. It also required Pogba to do a perfect cross. Seriously if that was an Eriksen cross you (and many including me) would have had your dick out about how perfect it was.

Sanchez is a prospect, but he has earned his spot. Yes sometimes he seems vulnerable. But unlike Smalling and Jones he doesn't have 4 midfielders standing in front of him at all times.

Kane has been out of form. And yes maybe he should have started on the bench. However all of us cunts on here would be blaming Poch for not starting Kane because "he's fucken harry kane." We would want Poch's head if he did that.

I see no reason why we should have started Toby (as much as I love him). Nor do I see playing Vorm over Lloris making any real difference (last few weeks we have wanted Lloris out).

On the train home. Totally despondent. I really believed today. At 1-0 we were rampant. A clear chance was crafted for Eriksen. It had to go in. That would have been like 1991. Quick early strikes. But we failed to capitalise. We stopped working. We stopped moving. We stopped pressing. The crowd went silent. We clearly lack belief. The club lacks something.

Yes, the football at times is a dream. But, in this day and age, we have to compete. We have to make winning a habit. When it matters. With trophies. Where the glory is. I like the quotes from Dele on the BBC. It’s not good enough. We have to pick ourselves up and get CL football. If we do that, I hope the club still feels deeply unsatisfied.

This is the time to decide whether we want to be genuine winners, or another Newcastle or Leeds, who tried valiantly but won SFA and now nobody remembers that they were once considered big clubs. We have to find a way this summer to make a statement. We have to decide if our time really is now.

What a shit week.

Mentally shot players together with mentally shot fans is a really bad combination.

We need to get behind this team in the remaining matches.

We ? Fuck that. This is on the players. Week in. Week out for year on year we fans put it in - at great cost. We don’t roll over like that bunch of wankers today, Jesus we played with more passion v Portsmouth. The players AND Management team owe us 4 wins and no more pathetic shit like against Shity or Brighton or today. Absolutely filthy display from 1-1 onwards.

Hey Jayc1 though I have quoted you, this isn't meant to be aimed just at you.

That would have been great to hear tonight... but have you ever thought about yourself. For all I know you do cheer with all your might throughout the game.

But you probably don't.

From what I see from you on here; you're one of the most pessimistic cunts. Have you ever thought that maybe all those who aren't cheering are doing the same shit you are... they are spamming forums, Twitter etc with shit about how it use to be. With shit about how Poch got it wrong. With shit about how certain players sucked.

You said

Trippier and Davis are pretty much the best in the EPL (or close to it). I never hear "oh shit if only we have Young playing at left back. That would make us a title winning team..."

IMO Dier is great. He is still error prone. He seems to becoming more solid, but also more complacent.

Dembele is one of our best. Yes he fucked up this game. He gave the ball away when he shouldn't have. But it was on the touchline; it wasn't in the middle. It also required Pogba to do a perfect cross. Seriously if that was an Eriksen cross you (and many including me) would have had your dick out about how perfect it was.

Sanchez is a prospect, but he has earned his spot. Yes sometimes he seems vulnerable. But unlike Smalling and Jones he doesn't have 4 midfielders standing in front of him at all times.

Kane has been out of form. And yes maybe he should have started on the bench. However all of us cunts on here would be blaming Poch for not starting Kane because "he's fucken harry kane." We would want Poch's head if he did that.

I see no reason why we should have started Toby (as much as I love him). Nor do I see playing Vorm over Lloris making any real difference (last few weeks we have wanted Lloris out).

Not going to read your shite from a guy with 115 messages. You talk about supporting, you can't even be arsed to post on a forum you lazy cunt.

Honest question...

Do you support Kyle Walker more than Spurs?
No, its a fucking dumb question and you know it.

I support Spurs as passionately as you or anyone else which is why im on here fucking melting tonight

What I dont support is a small time fucking transfer policy that sees us trouser the profits from players like Walker and replace with cheaper prospects.

A policy that sees us lose 8 semi finals in a row and win just one league cup in two pissing decades

On the train home. Totally despondent. I really believed today. At 1-0 we were rampant. A clear chance was crafted for Eriksen. It had to go in. That would have been like 1991. Quick early strikes. But we failed to capitalise. We stopped working. We stopped moving. We stopped pressing. The crowd went silent. We clearly lack belief. The club lacks something.

Yes, the football at times is a dream. But, in this day and age, we have to compete. We have to make winning a habit. When it matters. With trophies. Where the glory is. I like the quotes from Dele on the BBC. It’s not good enough. We have to pick ourselves up and get CL football. If we do that, I hope the club still feels deeply unsatisfied.

This is the time to decide whether we want to be genuine winners, or another Newcastle or Leeds, who tried valiantly but won SFA and now nobody remembers that they were once considered big clubs. We have to find a way this summer to make a statement. We have to decide if our time really is now.

What a shit week.
Agree we dominated for the first period, trouble was we let Man U settle and that was game over.

1b63fa444e4fcc5de2d94fb99a0d5585.png

8491dcf2272c5c87b7e501511888d4d7.png

This is the sort of shit the players should read, just like us fans. We have to deal with this day in day out while they sit in an ivory tower.

We don't need to "Think and move on", as Poch says. We need to feel pain so we learn what it means to lose and to win.
What you posting that for you fucking bellend

Natures biggest teacher is pain. It always has been and always will be.

If we want the players to learn then this should hurt. It should sting. It should be agony. It should be haunting.

Yet none of them seemed to even care. You can't learn with apathy.

Pochettino's interview after today, “United defended very well and so deep. We are disappointed because we are so close. We need to think, move on, finish the season and try to finish in the top four."

No, you don't need to "move on". You "move on" too fucking much. Focus on the pain for once.

Do you work in professional sport? Deal with the media on a daily basis?

I highly doubt what he says to the media and what he thinks are the same things.

This defeat will hurt him. Or course it will. You don’t get to be a top level sportsman by easily accepting defeats and knockbacks along the way.

Not going to read your shite from a guy with 115 messages. You talk about supporting, you can't even be arsed to post on a forum you lazy cunt.
All good. But I don't judge myself by my 'posing on a forum count'. I usually dislike this forum when we are playing. It's a distraction from the game.

We lost that game in the first 20 minutes when we failed to take our chances and go 2-0 up.

We are so predictable, I said it from the moment the draw was made - don’t write off Mourinho.

We never take our chances in these games when ahead and let the other team back in. And yes we are thoroughly predictable, which is Poch's greatest failing - the opposition always know what they will be facing and the best managers (such as those who reach semis) know how to combat it in such games.

What you posting that for you fucking bellend

Because this is what us fans have to deal with. This is the top rated BBC comments post. And every single one about us is like this.

The players have no idea how rough we have it and what losing means. They're in another dimension.

I'm tired of people taking the piss and ripping into us like this and Spurs give them every opportunity to do so. Again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. Repetitive? That's the amount of times we've lost an FA cup semi final in a row.

The first 20 minutes we showed how talented we are and man for man we are better than almost every team we face.

The next 70 we showed we are weak mentally as a squad when the going gets tough.

If any game could sum up what’s it like being a spurs fan it was that one.

Absolutely heartbroken again.

Back
Top Bottom