Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I only got to see the second half because of work, and that was the most limp, quiet, non semi final semi final I've ever fucking seen.

The crowd were dead, the team never looked like scoring and Alexis Sanchez is a mercenary cunt that needs a swift kick in the cunt.

As I said before the game, Son should have started up front. He’s proven he’s up to the task on more than one occasion.

I would have loved to have seen a front line up of

Son
Lamela-Alli-Eriksen

Baffles me that many on here agree Lamela is a winner and that he will never give up, yet he gets dropped for a cup semi final for an unfit Kane who DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE TOUCH IN THE SECOND HALF!?!? Kanes influence on the game was the same as Lamela's, and he was on the bench...

Was killed for it on here for saying it last week after Citeh, but Poch needs to react more quickly tactically in games against high-class opponents when things start to go against us. After going 2-1 down we never looked like getting back in it.

That's it for me this week - too gutted. But, onwards and upwards - forever Spurs. Win, lose, the club and the fans are always here. COYS.

Yep.

We must beat Watford, secure 4th and see what we can do.

And hope Liverpool and Woolwich fall short of silverware.

As long as we get top 4 its still been a good season. At least we didn't get our hopes higher by getting to the final only to lose to chelsea.
Don't want to start arguments but I think we could help poch out with 1 or 2 real quality signings in the summer especially as we will probably lose toby & maybe rose. Which will give us a better chance of winning a cup.
We can help the cunt out by sacking him end of!

No, with his diagonal balls and long passes through the middle that bypass the opp midfield completely- yes, we have missed that a lot. Sanchez is coming along fine, but he's not at that level of influence yet.

I clearly said from his passing. Not his goal scoring. Don't be pedantic, I'm pissed off enough as it is.

Maybe he would have come in and done fuck all, but I still feel you play your best team and he is our top defender.
Neither of you answered the question I asked.

Goalscoring was our problem. Toby and Hugo wouldn't have changed that.

I would have loved to have seen a front line up of

Son
Lamela-Alli-Eriksen

Baffles me that many on here agree Lamela is a winner and that he will never give up, yet he gets dropped for a cup semi final for an unfit Kane who DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE TOUCH IN THE SECOND HALF!?!? Kanes influence on the game was the same as Lamela's, and he was on the bench...

To be fair, I think Kane had like 1 or 2 touches in the second half.
:sherwoodlol:

Like last year when we scored about 30 goals in 4 games. You only appear when we lose you're like the fucking candyman.

I don't log on every week to fucking rim the players if they manage to beat the likes of Watford or West Brom, no. I've got better shit to do with my time.

But when they fuck up yet another big game? Another semi final? I feel like I need to vent and this is the place to do it. I couldn't give a fuck how we do week in week out if it results in absolutely fuck all at the end of the season.

People say "Oh, we've improved from 5 years ago". Maybe financially. But in trophies and glory, what the club is all about? We're in exactly the same place.

Well you’re fairweather as fuck then.
Today you feel the need to show what a good boy you are and how calm you are by slagging off fans who are upset and telling them to support Woolwich.

The players aren’t gods, man the fuck up and direct some anger at those fucking responsible for once.

“Ahhh we go again” makes me want to slap someone ...yeah I’m well up for Watford or whoever the fuck it is next, blinding. Right now is the time to feel pain, if you don’t feel anything but pride, like I said you are dead inside.

I hope the squad don’t feel proud.
I haven't slagged off anyone for "being upset". Everyone is upset.
I had a go at people for the way they lay into players. I started following Tottenham in the mid-Seventies, when the team was genuinely shit.
I don't follow them because they win or don't win trophies.
I don't "blame" the "responsible" people. I support them, I am a supporter. The clue is in the fucking name.

We lost a fucking game of football.
We weren’t good enough
Simple as.

We haven’t been good enough since Chelsea.
Maybe as Kane is not at his best and is being used, maybe for his record or personal reasons.

Yet he was going off the boil before he got injured.
We scored 4 goals in the 3 games before the injury He scored 1. When he went off injured at Bournemouth we scored 4 goals.
Socred 10 in the 3 games he was out.
When Kane is on form the team thrive.
When he isn’t we struggle for goals
When he's injured we seem to cope.

I think he occupies space others can exploit and score when he’s not on form.
Personally I think he should have been kept on the bench and we start with 4 of Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Dele and Lucas.
More fluid and interchangeable. More to handle.

Kane can come on when needed and play 20 mins when defenders are mentally and physically tired. Until he’s ready and on game,
He’s probably been giving 30 mins of good form in the games he’s started anyway.
Then again what do I know.

I’m just wondering why we have gone to shit and conceded 7 goals and scored 5 in the 4 games since the game after Chelsea when we scored 32 and conceded just 4 more, 11, in 13 games before Stoke,

Back
Top Bottom