Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proud of having your best CB suddenly decide he wants to leave?

Proud of having the highest paid chairman in the league, above every single player in our team?

Proud that every single transfer window we cheap out or act too late?

The only thing to be proud of is the academy and the new stadium.
Steady on mate, I'm as proud as punch of oak-lined cheese rooms, Michelin-starred restaurants and cunting tunnel clubs that none of us will ever, ever see. Of seeing sections of the end that was supposed to set us apart from everyone else put aside for cunts who want to pay double what their neighbours do for a free pint, some crisps, a programme and a fucking songsheet.

Because after all, some ground-up rubble from old WHL will have made it into the flooring of the new ground. Tell me that doesn't make you proud.

Proud as punch as "we won't be selling anybody" gets redefined again and again, with people on message boards scrambling to reinvent the 17 year old from Ipswich and the "promising talent" from the Dutch League rebadged as upgrades on departees.

Etc. etc etc.

It might be saveable but it was a very powerful shot from close range. Could he have done better? Maybe but that's not why we lost.
Vorm didn't make Dembele try and dribble past Pogba when he could have cleared it and Vorm didnt stop our players from creating a single fucking chance the whole second half.
But you acknowledge he did let in the WINNING goal which went straight down the fucking middle most goalkeepers are saving that, he may not be the single reason we lost the game but for you to praise Poch's decision to start him is a joke.

Would you place your entire life savings on us winning a trophy in the next 3 years?

I know I wouldn't.

How about the next 5?

I know I wouldn't.

Would I place it on United, City and Chelsea winning something in that time frame? Definitely, take my money.

I wouldn't bet my entire life savings on any on of those.

That’s funny because real fans get angry. For all them cunts on gooner tv, they go to every game home and away and are entitled to their views.
Life long fans tend to feel pain, maybe Jonny come latelys find it easier to switch off the tv and whack on Eastenders and get into that in eqa measure to the match they just witnessed....I don’t know, maybe you know better in that aspect.

If you don’t care, you don’t get upset.

You win when we lose. Easy life.
You have no idea how long I have supported Tottenham and unless you have some kind of Tardis you don't go to any more games than I do, and I promise you it would be a lot easier for you to get there.

The defeat is all on Pochettino & Dembele.

Even then, it would be harsh to just call out Dembele's mistake.

Fact of the matter is that Pochettino is a hypocrite. Alderweireld, Rose, Moura etc. all can't get into the team because they are back from injury/no pre-season and are "unfit" and yet Kane can waltz back in despite having the movement of a traffic cone.

I have lost respect for him because he clearly doesn't measure up to his own words. He isn't selecting based on what's best for the team. Not at all.

I have also hated his downplaying of the FA Cup. Wake the fuck up, you loser. You haven't won a single trophy so you can't be better than any of it. This pervasive derogatory shit over the past few seasons (coupled with failing to win & bottling it) and now the absolute hypocrisy playing a handicapped Kane, is making him out to be an actually overrated, overhyped fraud.

BRAND NEW WORLD. Yeah, right. It's the same old shit. Don't big yourself up when you haven't achieved shit.

We better get Top 4 but I would not be surprised if we bottled it.

Until we hire a psychologist or a serial winner to keep Pochettino's negative shit in check, we'll never win anything.

How was Kane started for this game?

Sorry, and I’m his biggest fan, but he’s been out of sorts for a long time now. He was shit during the Bournemouth match, and we improved so much when he went off. We were superb when he was out injured, and we’ve been awful attacking wise since he came back.

He proved my point a thousand times over again today. Offered absolutely fuck all in an attacking sense.

Last edited:
Why the disagree bunburyist bunburyist ? I'm not sore with you, but ffs we seem to be determined to be the light comedy relief side that keeps everyone else amused. If losing eight semis, coming third in a two horse race and everything else isn't enough then what is?
Yeah no drama - but your quote was of this sausagevince sad case who’s desperately trying to troll about Spurs being losers ‘the part we play’.

Aside from the trolling being pathetically transparent, I’m a person who likes to compete and loves to win, so I find the whiny revelling in failure and weakness annoying

(Edited typo)

I didnt get the Dembele substitution at all.
Complete fucking mystery. Son should've been tugged much earlier too.
But I honestly don't think any changes would've made much of a difference in that second half, there was just a general lack of belief and air of resignation, but of course will never know for sure...

Was killed for it on here for saying it last week after Citeh, but Poch needs to react more quickly tactically in games against high-class opponents when things start to go against us. After going 2-1 down we never looked like getting back in it.

That's it for me this week - too gutted. But, onwards and upwards - forever Spurs. Win, lose, the club and the fans are always here. COYS.

How was Kane started for this game?

Sorry, and I’m his biggest fan, but he’s been out of sorts for a long time now. He was shit during the Bournemouth match, and we improved so much when we went off. We were superb when he was out injured, and we’ve been awful attacking wise since he came back.

He proved my point a thousand times over again today. Offered absolutely fuck all in an attacking sense.
he starts because we have wasted £80-90m on players who can't get into the team, GkN, Janssen, Llronte, sissoko etc
and no-one tells the blame for all that lost money

With his 1-2 goals a season?

Someone still would have had to finish these opportunities created. Which player would have been that player?

No, with his diagonal balls and long passes through the middle that bypass the opp midfield completely- yes, we have missed that a lot. Sanchez is coming along fine, but he's not at that level of influence yet.

The defeat is all on Pochettino & Dembele.

Even then, it would be harsh to just call out Dembele's mistake.

Fact of the matter is that Pochettino is a hypocrite. Alderweireld, Rose, Moura etc. all can't get into the team because they are back from injury/no pre-season and are "unfit" and yet Kane can waltz back in despite having the movement of a traffic cone.

I have lost respect for him because he clearly doesn't measure up to his own words. He isn't selecting based on what's best for the team. Not at all.

I have also hated his downplaying of the FA Cup. Wake the fuck up, you loser. You haven't won a single trophy so you can't be better than any of it. This pervasive derogatory shit over the past few seasons (coupled with failing to win & bottling it) and now the absolute hypocrisy playing a handicapped Kane, is making him out to be an actually overrated, overhyped fraud.

BRAND NEW WORLD. Yeah, right. It's the same old shit. Don't big yourself up when you haven't achieved shit.

We better get Top 4 but I would not be surprised if we bottled it.

Until we hire a psychologist or a serial winner to keep Pochettino's negative shit in check, we'll never win anything.
Fuck mate your right, quick get your CV in and save the club.

Back
Top Bottom