Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To win some fucking trophies, 3 in a decade is reasonable, 1 in nearly 2 decades is shit.

We've got two signings we all wanted at the beginning of latest transfer window, we sold Tripps as most people wanted, now we replaced Poch with manager that has won everything, repeatedly, with every club he's been into, paid him shitloads of money (twice much as Klopp earns, if I remember good?) and still people moan, shout Levy out, want the club to do what? Pay other PL teams to give up every match? I still remember from my lurking times, how some of you predicted that now we are gonna smash Liverpoo and City. Only 5-0, because of no new right back, but with him it'd be 10-0 for sure. I guess you deserve to be sacked as well? In the last decade or so, there is no club in whole Europe that made such big progress as we did. Stadium, reputation, constant top of the table, despite terrible luck in CL group draws and being thrown into hardest ones we still were predicted to go to knockout stages. CL final, etc etc etc etc, I can go on like this for few hours. And STILL, somehow there is so much negativity all around. Every player has to be instantly sold after one bad game. Including Kane. Mou already deserves being sacked. So does Levy. What about supporting the club, instead of being... this?

Can't say I'm crazy with how we played for much of the match, but I quite enjoyed both goals. Great reaction from Kane on the rebound for the first goal, and the second goal was just pure class: fantastic pass from Eriksen, nice layoff on the volley from Aurier, and a wonderful finish from Dele.

The usual steaming pile of negativity ....

This is Poch's squad, the same squad that lost 3-0 to Brighton, the squad that at 1-0 down have folded over and over, with substitutions coming to late and making no difference ...

Still the same squad but if you can't see the difference Jose is having - earlier substitutions, actual tactical changes, WINNING games whilst clearly still lacking quality ... what are you watching?

This squad need changes we all know that, but when even a come from behind battling win just gets pages of negativity, what more do some of you want?

Anyone ever suggests anyone other than Kane is our best player, they are wrong. He is head and shoulders above all.

Superb second half from him, and dragged us to a win. Lo Celso and Eriksen changed the game. Would like to see both start at Norwich.

Where is the intent to play entertaining football? He was brought in to make changes immediately. He obviously can't present a finished article now but he has to show a work in progress and achieve results.
His changes have led to us winning 5 out of 7 games in the PL without any time to train the players.

It’s a bit of light hearted banter as the whole episode has been blown massively out of proportion.
We are clearly innocent ( on this occasion) and as I was part of the crowd who’s integrity has been bought into question. I feel i have the right to defend myself and fellow fans.
Lots of people were extremely pissed off today at the mud slinging and media frenzy.
We are good fans and I am proud of that..

COYS..
Mate, we're neither clearly innocent nor clearly guilty. We're not as innocent as we make out, the revolting "elephant washer" song shows that, as does the reports elsewhere on this forum of people calling the Ajax goalie a spear thrower.

When it comes down to it, like in most clubs, we're tens of thousands in the stadium and hundreds of thousands more beyond, In all cases there is only one thing that unites us. In such large groups there will always be people you are frankly ashamed of.

When I first came to Madrid I used to go to games at the Bernabeu regularly, it was ridiculously cheap and it was an excuse to go to football with my best mate who's (look away now) a Hammer. We saw all sorts among the nutcase Ultra Surs, swastikas, zieg heils, it got a bit much for me but the fact remains that the other 85,000 or whatever in the ground weren't anything like that, just folks enjoying the football.

Are City a racist club because of the cunt who was caught on camera? No. Are West Ham or Leeds, in their entirety? No. I defend Arsen@l when peoplein Spain try to make out that our rivalry is political - yes some cunts post vile anti-Jewish stuff, but are all there fans like that? Of course not, our rivalry is football-based, nothing more.

I recognise that the problem goes deeper at Chelsea, but even there... I know perfectly decent Chelsea fans, I'd step in if they were in trouble. They picked the wrong side, as did friends whose political views differ from mine, but what can you do?

I doubt that the Rüdiger thing will be proved decisively either way. I don't think that that makes him a liar (or even mistaken) or that our fans, either individually or (obviously not) collectively, are guilty of anything. I'm sad that the question hangs over us is all, just as I'm sad that it hangs over other clubs, or football in general.

Whatever, I thoroughly enjoyed today's game, even though I saw it later (we had a big family lunch). Loved Harry's effort, Dele's too, loved Aurier and Sissoko who also worked immensely, loved the subs as well - Lo Celso was great and Eriksen too. Great work from the team and the manager. I enjoyed Brighton as opponents too.

In short, YIDS YIDS YIDS

Last edited:
1577365100820.png

I mean what the fuck is this shit seriously?

Back
Top Bottom