Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, he hasn't.

Needs a full pre season like anyone would need.

Bit of an unusually daft comment from you mate.
Where is the intent to play entertaining football? He was brought in to make changes immediately. He obviously can't present a finished article now but he has to show a work in progress and achieve results.

I'll take dull wins over dull defeats any day of the week for now. If like Poch results fall in line with performances then it's time to question Mourinho, fingers crossed it's the other option.

More racism at The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium..

Although we had a great win it pains me to have to report mass racism at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium today.
We were 1-0 down and the referee blew his whistle for half time, as soon as the whistle was blown a large amount of Spurs supporters started making Monkey noises. (
It May have been boos though)

Shocking behaviour.

Oh and well done Spurs great 3 points.

Last edited:
I'll take dull wins over dull defeats any day of the week for now. If like Poch results fall in line with performances then it's time to question Mourinho, fingers crossed it's the other option.
So would I but people didn't want to accept that when Poch was in charge even though he got us to a CL final, so why is that good enough now?

Although we had a great win it pains me to have to report mass racism at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium today.
We were 1-0 down and the referee blew his whistle for half time, as soon as the whistle was blown a large amount of Spurs supporters started making Monkey noises.

Shocking behaviour.

Source for this?

Which people are demanding 'entertaining' football over 'winning' football?
Posters have regularly cited Poch playing dull football, we got fourth and a CL final. So that's a marker that Jose has to overtake.

So would I but people didn't want to accept that when Poch was in charge even though he got us to a CL final, so why is that good enough now?
Because under Poch it wasn't dull winning football I imagine. Because Poch had 5 years sculpting us into a dour side that wasn't even winning football matches anymore? Performances under him had been poor for over a year, it was always going to reach a breaking point where either we would gain some form with the wins, or the winning would give way to defeats and draws that the performances deserved. Unfortunately it was the latter.

I'd also imagine that Mourinho will reach a similar crossroads himself, but he deserves some slack whilst he familiarises himself with the squad and has chance to tweak it over a few windows, bybtge beginning of next season we should be in a better position to judge.

First game at new stadium for the wife, so it was a good time to try out the 1882 club just for shits a giggles. So first things first the food was fucking rank, and there was absolutely no atmosphere inside the area, just a load of people with their faces pressed up against the glass taking pictures of the new stadium.....one thing going for it however was no que for the bar and two pints each on the house (tho well paid for in advance with the ticket price £99.50 each). Great seats to be faire..
Interesting because your bog standard food in GA is excellent. What did you have?

Posters have regularly cited Poch playing dull football, we got fourth and a CL final. So that's a marker that Jose has to overtake.
The marker Mourinho has to overtake is to play winning football. Losing a CL final (due to inept tactics) and almost losing 4th spot is not 'winning' football and is something I have no doubt Mourinho will 'overtake'.

I'm quite sure 90% of fans only really became fed up of him once we hit relegation firm from Feb this year, which could be written off due to a number of excuses last season, but was then carried through to this season and showed no signs of being turned around.

Its a good win, aside from Liverpool everyone is taking points off each other this season, Back to within 3 points of Chelsea and Arteta still winless as a manager, happy days surely??

Still see a few jumping on the Mourinho's brand of boring football bandwagon, probably the same people who think Epstein killed himself and Rudiger isn't a lying sack of shit

Because under Poch it wasn't dull winning football I imagine. Because Poch had 5 years sculpting us into a dour side that wasn't even winning football matches anymore? Performances under him had been poor for over a year, it was always going to reach a breaking point where either we would gain some form with the wins, or the winning would give way to defeats and draws that the performances deserved. Unfortunately it was the latter.

I'd also imagine that Mourinho will reach a similar crossroads himself, but he deserves some slack whilst he familiarises himself with the squad and has chance to tweak it over a few windows, bybtge beginning of next season we should be in a better position to judge.
You'd take fourth and a champions league final right now wouldn't you? Mourinho is probably the only man that can do better than that, but he aint going to do it playing entertaining football.

Where is the intent to play entertaining football? He was brought in to make changes immediately. He obviously can't present a finished article now but he has to show a work in progress and achieve results.
His changes have led to us winning 5 out of 7 games in the PL without any time to train the players.

We were 1-0 down and the referee blew his whistle for half time, as soon as the whistle was blown a large amount of Spurs supporters started making Monkey noises. (
It May have been boos though)

Shocking behaviour.

Don’t tell guido ffs he’ll have us thrown out of the league.

My thoughts on the match
1st half our front 3 were to far away from the ball and did not work hard enough to get back when not in position. Our midfield 2 were too far away to help with a pressing game and got over run due to Lucas, Sess and Dele not dropping back

2nd half we played as a team with
the front 3 working hard and dropp
dropping back and the midfield 2 helping with the press

Back
Top Bottom