Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not talking only about international football. He played great at Betis. He's good enough. And surely better than Sissoko or Winks.

You'd think so but then why did Poch and now Mou not trust him?

We have to accept that there is a big difference in the challenge between playing in Spain and playing in England. Just look at how badly someone like Naby Keita has done at Liverpool despite looking amazing in Germany. He plays in a similar position to Ndombele and Lo Celso and still hasn't broken into the starting XI despite costing £60m. It's not enough to have talent, you also have to be at a very high level physically, you have to be ready to stick your foot in and run for 90 minutes. The game is sometimes just too fast and strong for some foreign players.

This is awful logic. Because he didn't play well in a single game he started, he doesn't deserve another chance? Then why does Dier and Sissoko keep getting chances when they're playing like a pair of donkeys?

Like I said, they train every day and try to show the manager they deserve to play. Neither Poch nor Mou thought he was the best option so I assume they see something wrong.

As much as I like both Winks and Sissoko, they got absolutely torn apart from Man United the last time they played together...

I had a feeling Sess would start, most natural replacement for Son. Great that Lamela is on the bench and that Rose is once again sitting in the stands. No surprise that Ndombele is missing, his body is not cut out for English football. Big worries about him now.

I know some people will be irritated that the back 4 hasn't changed but consistency in selection is the only answer to our issues back there. Poch kept fiddling and it just made things worse. We have to demand better from those individuals not keep chopping and changing our defense every time they make a mistake. Just a little more alertness and we don't concede either of those goals against Chelsea.

Sessegnon is going to challenge Moura and not Son but a chance.

Someone needs to force Mourinho's hand.

As much as I like both Winks and Sissoko, they got absolutely torn apart from Man United the last time they played together...

It's about the lack of options which are dictating choices at present.

All are on trial. Some already for the chop - Rose for one and about time.

But the likes of Sissoko, Winks and one or two others are playing for their first team futures.

Big game for Sess.

Because outside of when we rotate in cups or occasions like when Son is suspended, I can't see him getting in the team outside of left wing back on a 3 at the back system.

Back
Top Bottom