Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only seen the highlights but what a lovely end to a hellishly-difficult CL group. Top against Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund - oooo-weee!

And debut goals for Llorente (finally) and N'koudou! Son's another peach too - literally my favourite Spurs after Kane! It doesn't sound like the toughest fixture, but after the wreckages of recent weeks in the PL I hope they'll take pride and confidence from tonight's result...

So, yeh.... Just got back from the game... Really enjoyed my evening... Lots of positives to take from the game....

Shame some in here dont know how to enjoy a victory.... Poisonous wankers have put me in a right old mood...

Cunts would be better off supporting that shit show in Stratford.... No shortage of things to bitch and whine about down there.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the match. No real pressure on the result so interesting just to see how the players performed. There was a bit of sloppiness in our defence at times, but we created a lot of chances and scored two fantastic goals in the first half. The second half was always going to be a bit flat, and we didn’t want to pick up any injuries. Hope that Llorente gets some confidence from the game - he was superb. Thought Dele worked hard - I’m sure his sharpness will return soon. Sonny is class at times. Positive all round for me. COYS.

wtf Rose just walking off?

embarrassing cunt.

at least KWP about to get minutes.
fucking hell Dele has been awful
Dembele really has lost it. Sad to see.

Arguably the best central midfielder in the league in 2015/2016
shocking from Llorente lol
N'Koudou is just shit isn't he?
Embarrassing from Dele..again.
Fuck me, Llorente actually scored a goal.
Some shocking passes so far.

Seriously - what would it take for this fanboy cunt Roma maggot cheating peice of shit turd to finally be flushed?

Every single match-thread he shits on

I think last night was a decent look at both sides of Aurier. Technically and when it comes to pure playing of the game he is great, and he will only get better as he gets used to the teams cardio/physical requirements. But he seems to be not used to dealing with physical play that well and ends up destabilised and lashing out, which results in the cards. There are similar tendencies to being unused to the physical side in our other Frenchmen (Sissoko seems to most used to/comfortable with it, but he has been in England for a while so that makes sense) so it is probably a result of the football schooling in France. A lot of focus on the technical side and on skills, less so on the physical aspect perhaps?

On the negatives it means it is an aspect of playing him that we have to be aware of and probably put someone on the right flank that can cover for him and keep an eye on him. On the bright side it should be just a crease in his game that will be ironed out with proper coaching and time.

In regards to Aurier, he is the type of player that is great with the ball, brilliant technical player. But he seems to lash out when pressured/when he gets in scraps.

Just two sides of the coin that he is. We can work with that. We know what we need to work on now with him.

I assume PSG management saw the same, tried to fix it, realised they couldn't, and that's why he's with us. If he keeps his shit up he'll cost us a lot of points. Should, imo, have been sent off yesterday.

Dembele really has lost it. Sad to see.

Arguably the best central midfielder in the league in 2015/2016

The best player in the league in 15/16, imo. He really does struggle at the moment. Not only does his passes go astray, he seems lazy in his defensive work at times (e. g. against Leicester, when Mahrez scored, iirc) and he seems to lash out in frustration at times.

I actually think GKN has been decent, at least hes willing to take people on and have a pop. Id rather that and it not come off than do sod all

He looked a bit shit in the early parts of the game, but it looked as though he became a bit more comfortable out there as time passed. Actually did some decent stuff towards the end.

The best player in the league in 15/16, imo. He really does struggle at the moment. Not only does his passes go astray, he seems lazy in his defensive work at times (e. g. against Leicester, when Mahrez scored, iirc) and he seems to lash out in frustration at times.

Injuries have finally taken their toll. He's so slow to everything it's depressing.

So after the forum collectively shat the bed over Danny Rose, perhaps people might now like to admit they might have misread the situation...
Already have in the Rose thread. But are we really blaming fans for the air of distrust created by Danny Rose?

Is it really beyond the realms of comprehension why some us saw that and interpreted it the way we did?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom