Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia
Champions League
Wednesday 6th December 2017
7.45pm
Wembley Stadium

Line-up

-----------------------------------------Gazzaniga----------------------------------

---------------------------Aurier------Sanchez------Foyth-------------------------

---Walker-Peters------Sissoko----Winks----Oakley-Boothe-------Rose----

----------------------------------------------Son-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Llorente---------------------------------------

1-0 win (Son)

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia
Champions League
Wednesday 6th December 2017
7.45pm
Wembley Stadium

Line-up

-----------------------------------------Gazzaniga----------------------------------

---------------------------Aurier------Sanchez------Foyth-------------------------

---Walker-Peters------Sissoko----Winks----Lamela---------Rose-------

----------------------------------------------Son-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Llorente---------------------------------------

1-0 win (Son)

Lamela isn’t in the CL squad.

Vorm
Foyth Sanchez Davies
Trippier OB Winks KWP
GKN Edwards
Llorente

Meaningless game. Rest as many as you can and give the yoof and outsiders a chance.

Do we rest players in the hope that it will allow them to pick up their league form or do we try to play them back into form through a win here? Think kane, dele and eriksen could all use a break. Jan has to be rested, dier too. I think serge and danny need to play against stoke to offer width.

Would like to start injecting the incredibly talented youth players that we have too. Think kwp could start this, foyth too.

Would go

Vorm
KWP Foyth Sanchez Davies
Winks - Sissoko (experience)
Edwards - Shashoua -GKN
Llorente

The issue with that team is that it's incredibly inexperienced but our first 11 need a break and we can't risk injuries to any of them. Winks to play because he's missed the last two and for his calmness.

Bench

Gazzaniga, Kane, eriksen, Jan, Son, Trippier, Skipp (very talented midfielder). Why not i guess

We cannot play the kids or we could get fined but must rest the majority of our ever presents. Problem is the lack of depth in the squad for times like this. The posters who in the summer went on and on about not being able to better our first 11 hopefully are now understanding that we have so many matches at this time of the year and if we get injuries then we simply cannot cope especially in defence. Foyth, Llorente, Aurier, GKN, Sissoko and KWP all to play but I do not think we can get away with too weak a starting 11. Sanchez can play as now suspended. This leaves 3 outfield players having to play and Winks has not played much but it will be a very disjointed side not being used to playing together.
Lloris
Aurier Foyth, Sanchez KWP
Sissoko Winks
GKN ? ?
Llorente

11 youth players please.
So Apoel beat us which does not matter to us but if that means they end up above Dortmund it would to Dortmund. We would then risk a fine or worse. There is one thing to put out a weaken team including the likes of Sissoko but not 11 youth players.

Lamela isn’t in the CL squad.

Biggest shitter about this fixture, that.

Call me crazy, but half of me wants to see the regular faces in an attempt to play ourselves back into form. I know the obvious argument is rest/recovery but were taking 90mins max... Just adjust the training regeime to compensate.

I'll be there

Back
Top Bottom