Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enjoyed the game.Was up in the heavens..Good view in the fact that you see everything,but its a long way down.
Good performance without really getting out of 2nd gear.Credit to the away support,gave it their all.Top marks
Was in the Preston ,near Preston Road station pre match.Great pub,as it goes.

Enjoyed the game.Was up in the heavens..Good view in the fact that you see everything,but its a long way down.
Good performance without really getting out of 2nd gear.Credit to the away support,gave it their all.Top marks
Was in the Preston ,near Preston Road station pre match.Great pub,as it goes.

Yeah, it was enjoyable. Pleased we won, that Llorente scored and there wasn't such a long queue for...well, anything as per usual!

Apoel fans gave it a go, created some real noise. What a ride for them, getting to play at the Bernabeau, Dortmund and Wembley. 'Our' stadium the biggest of the lot! ;-)

Also another shout-out for Son. Really really good. Was brought off quite early which makes me think he'll be starting Saturday. He ought to imo.

I think Dele is quality, was paying special attention to him due to the stick he gets and even though he is going through a bit of a bad run still has the look about him. He really does look a step up on most other players, looking to make things happen. Its a tough year for him but convinced he will come through it all the better.

Already have in the Rose thread. But are we really blaming fans for the air of distrust created by Danny Rose?

Is it really beyond the realms of comprehension why some us saw that and interpreted it the way we did?
No, I'm blaming fans for doing the media's bidding. Move on from the fucking interview already

“This is getting silly now. The manager said it was best I came off and I didn't want to come off. That was it. I’ve seen already that people are saying we exchanged words. There is no issue between me and the manager. There has never been an issue - and people trying to put stuff in the media is not welcomed.
For the last three-and-a-half years the manager has been my biggest fan. He’s given me nothing but love and respect. There is no issue. There never will be an issue. People need to stop this because it’s not welcomed.”

The only people opinions who matter in this are Danny Rose's, the best left wing back in the country, and Mauricio Pochettio's, the best manager in the country. The perma-outrage over an unwise interview six months ago in The Sun helps no one but our rivals

No, I'm blaming fans for doing the media's bidding. Move on from the fucking interview already

“This is getting silly now. The manager said it was best I came off and I didn't want to come off. That was it. I’ve seen already that people are saying we exchanged words. There is no issue between me and the manager. There has never been an issue - and people trying to put stuff in the media is not welcomed.
For the last three-and-a-half years the manager has been my biggest fan. He’s given me nothing but love and respect. There is no issue. There never will be an issue. People need to stop this because it’s not welcomed.”

The only people opinions who matter in this are Danny Rose's, the best left wing back in the country, and Mauricio Pochettio's, the best manager in the country. The perma-outrage over an unwise interview six months ago in The Sun helps no one but our rivals
Forgiveness is earned, not given in my eyes and until Danny Rose makes amends on the pitch I'll still remember his treachery.

Do you think the same about Judas? I suspect not.

And to say that our, the fans, opinions don't matter is scandalous. We are this club.

Didn't watch the game last night, could anyone give me a run down of performances? How'd we do?

Is it worth me spending 2 hours and watching it back or was it a bit of a snooze?

Forgiveness is earned, not given in my eyes and until Danny Rose makes amends on the pitch I'll still remember his treachery.

And to say that our, the fans, opinions don't matter is scandalous. We are this club.
Yes, because Rose's case is comparable to Campbell's

Christ, get a grip

Didn't watch the game last night, could anyone give me a run down of performances? How'd we do?

Is it worth me spending 2 hours and watching it back or was it a bit of a snooze?
Luckily enough for you, those media professionals put all the good bits in to a digestible package called a 'Highlights reel' - watch that. :adethumbup:

Sorry but nothing compares to Judas unless you count Pearl Harbour

The logic is the same. Just different levels.

Is the ''perma-outrage over an unwise move years ago'' worth it? Of course it is. And it's that outrage that stops this kind of shit happening again.
Where is the Logic in trying to stir the pot and speculate every time danny rose is rotated or is shown on tv talking to Pochettino. You can blame danny rose for his comments and say oh what did he expect us to do, but Poch and Rose have both said its in the past and that they have no problem with each other on countless occasions, its our OWN fans keeping this alive which is only of detriment to the club. Okay some of you haven't forgiven but its not Dannys fault if you choose to ignore Pochettino and listen to the media/make up your own stories.

Where is the Logic in trying to stir the pot and speculate every time danny rose is rotated or is shown on tv talking to Pochettino. You can blame danny rose for his comments and say oh what did he expect us to do, but Poch and Rose have both said its in the past and that they have no problem with each other on countless occasions, its our OWN fans keeping this alive which is only of detriment to the club. Okay some of you haven't forgiven but its not Dannys fault if you choose to ignore Pochettino and listen to the media/make up your own stories.

Those you are refering to are being reactive to his presence in the media; not creating the stories as some seem keen to imply.

To not conceed that the continuing media circus surrounding Rose was perpetuated BY Rose in the summer is disingenuous.

Those you are refering to are being reactive to his presence in the media; not creating the stories as some seem keen to imply.

To not conceed that the continuing media circus surrounding Rose was perpetuated BY Rose in the summer is disingenuous.
No mate they were being reactive to an image on a tv screen with no context, I'm merely saying can we wait for Poch to say there's an issue before trying to jump to conclusions. Okay the media circus was perpetuated by Rose, now what , are we going to continue to just help them push out a story at every chance they get, when we know its not based off any new Intel they may have and will only be based on his summer comments. Why cant we listen to our manager instead who has continuously stated he has no problem with danny, which is proven in the fact that he is being selected to play. We know if there was still an issue he would of been frozen out already, Pochs past dealings with bad apples tell us that.

Do you think the same about Judas?
So, who did he murder/gang rape, again?
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom